TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Ukcatfan

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ukcatfan
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-13-2020 08:18 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anybody heard how his surgery went?
Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 08-13-2020 09:44 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handy thank you for asking about me. My surgery (triple bypass) is scheduled for the 24th. I am in the process of getting all the pre op tests done and not going to the hospital until next thur as the covid19 procedures call for no one other than the patient being in the hospital.

Honestly, I couldnt be without her for over a week, so opted to get every test done prior to being admitted next thur.

It is a scary thought for me but with God's help and prayers from my friends, it should go ok.

Thank you again for asking..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-13-2020 10:02 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I’ll be thinking and praying for you.

You are a tough old coot, i’m Sure you will come through this with flying colors.

Heck Ed, this may turn you into a liberal and you and M&M may agree on everything.😁

[ 08-13-2020, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 08-13-2020 10:13 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-13-2020 12:01 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are polar opposites politically, but that is meaningless play stuff. Sickness is real life and I'm firmly in your corner my friend....Wishing you the best possible outcome.

hc:
quote:
Heck Ed, this may turn you into a liberal
Like I said...wishing for the best possible outcome. [Smile]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 08-13-2020 01:13 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Best wishes and prayers for you! As to you turning into a liberal... [Eek!] They are operating on your heart, not your brain!

You turning into a liberal would be terrible... such a disturbance in the force would surely usher in the Zombie Apocalypse.

[ 08-13-2020, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13597 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 08-13-2020 04:08 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Best to you ukc... my prayers will be with you.

MEL

Posts: 2793 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-13-2020 04:16 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip:
quote:
Best wishes and prayers for you! As to you turning into a liberal... [Eek!] They are operating on your heart, not your brain!
[Big Grin]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 08-14-2020 09:31 AM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ukc my prayers will be with you.I hope all goes well.I just had total hip replacement 10 days ago.I am 67. I had all pre -op test also and of course a Corona virus test. I am in Bristol,tn. and the Hospital was very much focused on protecting it's patients. My wife could not go back for pre-op or recovery room only after I was in a room. My surgery was out- patient. I got to go home after 5 hours. Medical technology has come a long way.You will do well . God bless.

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 742 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-22-2020 08:52 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed,
The big day is Monday, right? Let us know as soon as you can how things went. Wishing you the best, my friend.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-24-2020 11:59 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hopefully things went well today, when someone finds out please post.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 08-27-2020 08:52 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ukc ... love to hear from you and hope everything went well.

MEL

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 08-27-2020 10:48 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lifting you up in prayer. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 08-29-2020 11:20 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good Morning all - I wanted to let all of you know that I had a very successful quadruple heart surgery on the 21st and just got released to come home on the 27th. Still have a lot of recovery to do but being home with the wife makes it 100% easier.

I appreciate all your prayers (they helped me immensely) and asking about me.

I consider everyone on this board "family" ( yes MM you too) and so nice to be back.

I won't be posting but like to read the going on's. thank you ukcatfannfl ed w

p.s. yes I am voting for Reagan!

[ 08-29-2020, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-29-2020 11:50 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Glad things went well, Ed. Take care of yourself and get well soon.

--------------------

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 08-29-2020 12:22 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear you are doing well ukc !!!

MEL

[ 08-29-2020, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: MEL ]

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 08-29-2020 01:00 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's great news! Glad to hear everything went well, UKC.
Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-29-2020 02:10 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Glad you are recovering Ed. My wife had just one bypass along with several stents, in 2005. Had to sleep in her recliner for several weeks. Said when she laid down flat, it felt like her chest was opening up again.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36266 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-29-2020 02:31 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Glad things went well!
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 09-01-2020 07:24 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed, praying all goes well. I’m in Birmingham this morning with my wife who is having major back surgery. Would appreciate your prayers. God bless you!

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-01-2020 08:45 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My pleasure Bruce - I have sent my prayers. Pls let us know how she is doing..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 09-02-2020 12:52 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
She came through the surgery (11 1/2 hours) well. Now the recovery begins. Appreciate the prayers.

--------------------

JD4U

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-02-2020 11:18 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good news! Prayers will continue for both "recoverees".

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-02-2020 01:57 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So glad to hear she is doing ok Bruce,,

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 09-02-2020 08:11 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ukc ... how are you feeling by now ???

MEL

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 09-02-2020 08:11 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
EC ... my prayers for your wife !!!

MEL

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-02-2020 09:50 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mel ty for asking. My chest is sore but nothing I can't handle. I am tired a lot but it will be two wks fri when I had my operation so I am slowly getting better. I can feel me getting stronger each day. I just don't feel like posting anything nor really reading anything other than my novels. I appreciate the support from the TCD as it helps me a lot. thank you

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 09-02-2020 10:28 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the prayers guys. She Is experiencing some pain during recovery, but she is doing well.

--------------------

JD4U

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 09-03-2020 06:42 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed:
quote:
Mel ty for asking. My chest is sore but nothing I can't handle. I am tired a lot but it will be two wks fri when I had my operation so I am slowly getting better. I can feel me getting stronger each day. I just don't feel like posting anything nor really reading anything other than my novels. I appreciate the support from the TCD as it helps me a lot. thank you

I knew you were too ornery to keep down for long. I been working out with Tip and a few others getting ready for your return. [Smile] .....Truly glad your doing well, Ed.

[ 09-03-2020, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-03-2020 06:59 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed, I’m an avid reader and always looking for a suggestion on a good novel. I read mostly for entertainment so am not looking for anything to deep. Any suggestions?
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-03-2020 10:12 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handy - good morning - some of the authors my wife and I read are:

John Sandford

David Baldacci

C.J. Box

Lee Child

Greg Iles

If you haven't read any of their books, let me know and will go into a little more detail about who they write about etc. Good entertainment, light reading but all good authors..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-03-2020 03:13 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed, our reading tastes are very similar. I’ve read almost all of the books by those authors except Box. I’ll download one this afternoon and let you know. Thanks.
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 09-03-2020 03:22 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Baldacci is my favortie along with James Patterson. I am reading a Lee Child "Jack Reacher" book right now. I like JOhn Sanford alos.
Here are a few others I really like:
Brad Thor
John Grisham
Brad Taylor
Clive Cussler

MEL

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-03-2020 04:27 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mel, you should feel very good about yourself. You are one of the very few UNC fans who can actually read. 😀

John Grisham along with Stephen King are probably my favorites. I’ve read all of their books along with Sanford and Baldacci.

[ 09-03-2020, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-03-2020 04:56 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anybody a fan of Tom Clancy? I read all of his books. Great reads.

--------------------
Tiptree

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-03-2020 07:18 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip - Clancy is (was) a great author. Too bad he is no longer with us. His books are great however, another author keeps his name alive also.

Vince Flynn was also a great author. He passed away way too soon but as above, another author keeps the "Mitch Rapp" series going. I recommend this series to all you guys.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 09-03-2020 08:11 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc ... I can actually read, do you have to have books with pics ???

I forgot about Flynn (Rapp) and Clancy, both great authors !!!

MEL

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 09-05-2020 07:51 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mama is a big fan of Clancy. That woman reads constantly. I can't tell you the last time I read anything other than a woodworking magazine...I get bored too easily...can't sit still long enough to get interested.

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-05-2020 01:12 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Roert Crais - he writes about a cpl of private dets in the LA area. Good reads - HC you might like them..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 09-05-2020 01:32 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
I get bored too easily...can't sit still long enough to get interested.

I'm with you, MM. Reading makes me yawn. Yawning makes me sleep. But honestly, why read a book when you can just watch the movie.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com