TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » I’m Back...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I’m Back...
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-04-2020 04:37 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We met with Mama’s Surgeon Monday In Huntsville who she trust unconditionally and he told her that the recommended Chemo treatment was realatively mild and that she should not worry about severe side effects.....so I guess we good to go on TCD...

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 08-04-2020 05:13 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's good news about ur wife MM...Hope she is feeling good also...

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-04-2020 05:47 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Ed. We both are feeling much better. This guy is one fine doctor who cares deeply about his patients and we just somehow know that, and trust him accordingly.

OK, moving on. Ed, I know you're not racist or anything like that but I think, and that is just me, that maybe you should be careful what you post because some people might interpret it the wrong way....up to you bro...just saying.

Link

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 08-04-2020 05:58 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear the news MM.

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-04-2020 06:08 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Mel,

You is a good guy that will torment from now on. [Smile]

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 08-04-2020 09:38 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
mm see where u r coming from after reading the news article u attached. My sources are not face book type articles but in fact are from newspapers and conservative web sites that are read by many thousands of people..

Tks for the heads up through..appreciate it..

[ 08-04-2020, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 08-04-2020 10:32 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM... I think we will torment each other, I will especially when UNC kicks uk's a** in basketball again !!! [Wink]

MEL

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 08-05-2020 08:29 AM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
M.M.
Thank you for the report and good news about your wife.

Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 08-05-2020 12:03 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Welcome back MM, and thanks for the update on momma.

I don't think you need to worry about Mel tormenting you, since the chances of UNC beating UK are slim to none in our lifetime... [Smile]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13624 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-05-2020 03:23 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Tip and Dr Clyde.

Yeah, I know about UNC's chances, but I'm not as cold-hearted as you...Mel is real sensitive about that and I didn't want to hurt his feelings. [Smile]

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-05-2020 03:54 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, we can tell from what you post, that you most certainly don't want to say anything controversial or insensitive.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-05-2020 04:05 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry if I said something to hurt your feelings, Norm. I try hard not to get personal.

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-05-2020 04:09 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mel would sacrifice his left nut plus become a rioting liberal for just one win over UK in his life time. Heck, he’d probably give them both up.

Of course this is just my opinion, I do not have links facts etc to back it up.

Posts: 5405 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 08-05-2020 11:09 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nope Handy... if I am not mistaken UNC has beat uk 21 times since I was born and 8 out of last 14. As well as a 24 wins vs 16 losses all time.

MEL

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 08-06-2020 07:54 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM, my mom went through chemo for breast cancer and had no ill effects from it at all. And she did beat the cancer. Your wife can have the same outcome! Welcome back.
Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-06-2020 10:20 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mel, I just hate it when people use facts to prove me wrong.
Posts: 5405 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-06-2020 10:53 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mister Biden said we should not use truth. Just use facts!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-06-2020 11:27 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm:

quote:
Mister Biden said we should not use truth. Just use facts!
Anyone can claim something to be true, facts will substantiate it...or not.

PC:
quote:
MM, my mom went through chemo for breast cancer and had no ill effects from it at all. And she did beat the cancer. Your wife can have the same outcome! Welcome back.
Thanks, PC.

Our problem was the surgery was done in Huntsville and the chemo will be done here in Tuscaloosa. We mistakenly assumed we were done except for the obvious healing from the surgery because the surgeon said he had removed all the cancer. When we visited the Oncologist here and he recommended chemo we both were kind of devastated because of the side effects and her being as weak as she is. But upon her last followup with the surgeon on Monday he told us that the chemo was mild and more of a preventive than a treatment, which the Oncologist never explained. Just some miscommunication between hospitals and doctors and a little false hope on our part. Anyways, all is good and we're ready to move forward.

Thanks again to one and all.

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-06-2020 12:56 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyone can also claim anything is a fact, but it may not be the truth.

[ 08-06-2020, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-06-2020 03:07 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Facts are supported by evidence, truth can be accepted depending on perspective. Example: We used to accept as truth that the sun revolved around the earth. Now, through observable evidence, we know that is not a fact.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com