TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Mail in voting.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mail in voting.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 07-31-2020 08:26 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I’m firmly opposed to it. We have a system in place that allows for absentee voting. If you have a legitimate reason, such as a riot scheduled on Election Day, you simply have to request an absentee ballot.
Posts: 5407 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 07-31-2020 09:43 AM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Totally agree. Way too many things could go wrong with mail in voting. There is enough problems with counting votes now. That would be a headache and a major chance for possible cheating (by either side).

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 07-31-2020 12:04 PM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The biggest problem with it is there is no way to verify who you are. I voted in the primary this way and I thought at the time this was ridiculous. The only thing needed was a witness of someone who would sign saying you were who you say you are.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 07-31-2020 01:58 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I voted that way also but didn't have to have a witness, just sign it and mail it in.
A witness could very easily be someone that is in on it with the one that votes on someone else's stolen ballot.

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com