TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Police want no part of

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Police want no part of
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 07-30-2020 12:18 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
protecting the democratic national convention

OVER 100 POLICE AGENCIES PULL OUT OF SECURITY AGREEMENTS FOR DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION
Cooter COOTER JULY 30, 2020

It looks like at least many police departments still have some common sense and have decided to not put themselves in harm's way.

Over 100 police agencies have announced that they have pulled out of their agreements to guard the Democratic National Convention in Milwaukee next month.

The decision to withdraw comes after a decision to disallow police to use certain tools that they would normally employ to keep them safe.

Police chief of Pond du Lac, Wisconsin, William Lamb said the following in an interview:

“We respect the Fire and Police Commission’s decision. But in this particular case, we strongly disagree with the actions they’ve taken. We believe (that) in removing those tools, the use of chemical irritants or pepper spray, from the available resources that the law enforcement officers would have at their disposal if protests become non-peaceful would severely compromise the safety of the public and also the safety of the law enforcement officers who would be assigned to protect the DNC.”

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported,

At least 100 law enforcement agencies have withdrawn agreements to send personnel to next month’s Democratic National Convention, some of them citing orders to Milwaukee’s police chief to cease the use of tear gas and pepper spray during demonstrations.

The withdrawals cast doubt on a program to bring about 1,000 police officers from outside agencies to help shore up security for the event, scheduled for the week of Aug 17. Among the agencies confirmed to have withdrawn are police departments in Fond du Lac, Franklin, Greendale and West Allis.

Asked on Monday if the agreements were collapsing, Fond du Lac Police Chief William Lamb said, “Yes,” adding that he expects other agencies from across the state to withdraw from the program.

“We regret having to do that,” said Lamb, who chairs the Wisconsin Police Executive Group, which consists of police chiefs from cities with populations of more than 20,000 people.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 07-30-2020 03:43 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As a father of a daughter who is a CSI and her husband who is a detective I support the "Blue" everyday of my life !!! I wore a Blue Thin Live mask at work today and got a number of atta boys from fellow workers.
No way if I was a policeman would I go protect a Democratic anything.

MEL

Posts: 2789 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 07-30-2020 05:54 PM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm with you, Mel. I, too have a daughter who is a lieutenant with Fayette County Schools Law Enforcement, an ex son-in-law who is a retired detective with the Lexington Metro Police, and a future son-in-law who is a retired Sargent with Lexington Metro also.

I have been on "ride-a-longs" with both these men and I've seen first hand how they put their lives on the line every time they put on their uniforms and went to work.

I never fail to say "thank you for your service" when I see an officer in blue out in public.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 07-30-2020 06:04 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your daughters service Jarcat.

I just hung a Blue Line Flag in my basement.

Denver Public Schools announced a few weeks ago that they have terminated the contract with having Police officers on their campuses (goes into effect in Jan 2021).

MEL

Posts: 2789 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com