TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » CNN the anti-

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CNN the anti-
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 07-05-2020 08:11 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
America network:

The resentment for America at CNN was on full display during Independence Day weekend, particularly as a CNN pundit referred to the Founding Fathers as just a couple of slave owners.
During the network’s coverage of President Donald Trump’s speech at Mt. Rushmore, Leyla Santiago said that “President Trump will be at Mount Rushmore, where he’ll be standing in front of a monument of two slave owners and on land wrestled away from Native Americans.”

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 07-05-2020 10:47 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson are now just known as "slaveholders". How incredibly myopic and selective a view!

It is far too easy to be snide and condescending when you are on a mission. While the statement is true -- Washington and Jefferson, both Virginians, did own slaves -- it is such a hollow representation of those men. But that is the only part of those two men that fits the "narrative", and thus the only thing we will hear about them.

Every great narrative is built on a kernel of truth, but that truth is not the whole truth. As Dennis Prager is fond of saying, every society up to the 19th century had slavery as part of their culture. The ancient Chinese, the Greeks, the Egyptians, all of the Mesopotanian cultures, Rome, India, Persia, all African cultures, everybody.

The question shouldn't be asked "who had slaves", but rather, "who abolished slavery". It was Wilberforce in England who first led to the abolishment of slavery, then the US upped the ante by waging a bloody civil war to end the practice.

Those two slaveholders were unabiguously great men. They created a framework that barely stands today, but that framework established a nation that could, if it willed, ever improve and become a "more perfect union". We have come a long way, baby.

But we have collectively forgotten what got us here. And it is no surprise why. We don't teach our children history anymore. They are instead indoctrinated in an anti-American narrative. Our young adults don't participate in our communities anymore; they hang out on snapchat and instagram. They don't worship any more; they prefer to treat all religions as equal, and usually as equally bad.

Without a firm understanding of American history, how will they know that this is a nation unlike any other? Without participating in our communities, how will they thrive? Without the immense correlating worldview of Christianity, how will they cherish love and tolerance over grievance and violence?

We are mostly old guys here. We should be shocked at just how different young people are today than we were at their age. There has been a sea-change in our population; the coercion of American values and pride is evident. Strap it on tight, everyone. The rest of 2020 is going to be far, far uglier than anything we have experienced in our lifetime.

[ 07-05-2020, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13595 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 07-05-2020 11:41 AM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Amen Tip …

Another topic ...

I have never and will never have "white guilt". I will never apologize for the color of my skin nor should anyone else. One of my best friends in HS was black and numerous friends were Mexican. I coached kids of every color and the only problems I had with any kid I coached was if they didn't respect themselves or others. I worked with a black gentleman that came here from another country and got his citizenship and he felt like everyone should have to. We didn't always agree on politics but we were very good friends and he had my back every time we went into a possible dangerous situation as did I his.

Does anyone know what Pelosi has done for the blacks in her 40 years of government that actually helped them ???

I heard that there were zero blacks killed by a policeman in Chicago this year but numerous blacks killed by blacks and not a word on those killings by blm or Pelosi and other dems / libs. They really care about people (sarcasm) !!!

MEL

Posts: 2791 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com