TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Targeted Advertisement

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Targeted Advertisement
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-15-2020 04:50 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My anger management is about to go out of the window. Microsoft updated my Edge browser, and now my AT&T/Yahoo email page has targeted ads placed on on the top of the place my new emails used to appear..... all alone. I can ignore them, but they do not have a delete button like all my others do. If I open one and delete it, a brand new one pops up in it's place. They told me I could opt out, and linked me to a page where to do it, but after searching those pages for about thirty minutes, I still have not figured out just exactly HOW to opt out. I have officially reached the limits of my patience!

[ 06-15-2020, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 06-15-2020 11:31 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wish I could help you Norm but I don't know diddley about computers, browsers and such.

MEL

Posts: 2789 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-16-2020 08:26 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The ads are gone. I found a link to "where to unsubcribe" but after reading everything on that page, did not find an actual unsuscribe button. I don't know how it happened, but they are gone. I really do not like the upgraded "Microsoft Edge" browser, and if I knew how, I would dump it and go back to the old one.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 06-16-2020 12:11 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I suggest you switch to either Chrome or Firefox. Just download them and install them. They are both light-years better than Edge.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13591 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-16-2020 01:39 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I already had Firefox loaded. I did update it and added a "read aloud" app. I forget the name of it, but it works well. I intend to hide the Edge icon on my task bar.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com