TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Rant (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Rant
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-05-2020 10:19 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I write a daily email to several family members about our daily hum-drum goings on. I have one family member, a granddaughter, that I am particularly concerned about. She has two mixed race children, both out of wedlock, both with a different man. That's just to give a little background. I have no problem with the kids; Love them both dearly. In any case, reading her stuff on Facebook, one would be led to believe she was an Antifa member. I just worry about her and the kids. She doesn't get my daily email, but her mother does. My rant follows:

I am about to go on a rant about the looting and burning. I'd like to know what those people foresee as the "end game". I know there is injustice in this world, and I know there always will be. But IF the people doing all this damage get their way, what do they foresee as a just world. If everything is destroyed, then what? What will they eat? What will they wear? Where will they live? What roads will they travel on and what will they travel in? If the industrial complex is destroyed, where will the farm tractors, the means of transport, EVERYTHING come from? I could write hundreds of pages about things we would no longer have, but you get the idea. Somebody has to produce all the things we need and use daily and they have to have a place to manufacture it. I'm not even going into the "de-fund the police" B.S.. My head is about to explode!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 06-05-2020 10:30 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"one would be led to believe she was an Antifa member."

Could be Norm as George Soros is giving money for people to join the riots.. All hands available to get rid of Trump by any means possible.
Biden will give more and more freedoms away and Soros wants that to happen....

Hope your g/dau is not invoved !

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 06-05-2020 10:43 AM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Soros wants the US to be destroyed … he has said that !!!

Riot mentality sets in with large crowds and some people that were protesting decide to join in with the ones that are only there to destroy stuff and many times it evolves into a much larger crowd doing the rioting. It never comes out good for the business owners and the members of that area where it is taking place.

Peaceful demonstration is great but when it steps over the line to destroying hard working citizens there livelihood it is wrong no matter how you try and justify it !!! They aren't the ones that you are protesting or rioting over.

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-05-2020 12:23 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm:
quote:
I am about to go on a rant about the looting and burning. I'd like to know what those people foresee as the "end game". I know there is injustice in this world, and I know there always will be. But IF the people doing all this damage get their way, what do they foresee as a just world. If everything is destroyed, then what? What will they eat? What will they wear? Where will they live? What roads will they travel on and what will they travel in? If the industrial complex is destroyed, where will the farm tractors, the means of transport, EVERYTHING come from? I could write hundreds of pages about things we would no longer have, but you get the idea. Somebody has to produce all the things we need and use daily and they have to have a place to manufacture it. I'm not even going into the "de-fund the police" B.S.. My head is about to explode!

I completely agree with everything you said, Norm. There is absolutely no place for rioting and looting, but it is inevitable with massive, nation-wide protests. Just like there are a few "bad apples" in police departments, the same applies to the protesters...the vast majority are not involved and don't want it going on...but it happens anyway, every time.

Protesters could do more by helping police identify and capture the criminals, and police could do more by not treating all protesters as criminals.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 06-05-2020 12:48 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know one thing... if there isn't a spike in covid19 in the net few weeks I don't wanna hear about social distancing and face masks !!!

Also I do not understand how the protests can go on and on when the mayors and governors have made it law to not have over X number of people in a group !!!

MEL

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-05-2020 01:10 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MEL:
quote:
I know one thing... if there isn't a spike in covid19 in the net few weeks I don't wanna hear about social distancing and face masks !!!

Can't argue with that.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 06-05-2020 01:24 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dang MM … we can agree on something (lol) and for the betterment of everyone I so hope we don't see a spike !!! [Smile]

MEL

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-05-2020 01:28 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Me neither, MEL. I'm tired of this sh!t. I want to get our country to heal and start moving again.

--------------------

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 06-05-2020 01:49 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My Dad was a policeman most of my life. He had many Black friends from childhood because of his remarkable quickness and foot speed. I remember that he would lend money to his friends. It was just a few dollars to buy groceries. He would be very opposed to the riots.
Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 06-05-2020 02:18 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm I sympathize with you, my youngest son was brainwashed in college, he's far left. I pray for him everyday.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-05-2020 02:26 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Brainwashing" is a two-way street.

--------------------

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 06-05-2020 02:31 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes it is MM, but in most of today's colleges and universities they are teaching liberal ideas and it even starts all the way down to preschool in some areas. I know it does in Colorado where I live now. My grandson is seeing some of it and one of the guys I work with grandson is getting it also (different school in different towns.

MEL

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-05-2020 02:47 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Liberals founded this country through protest and rebellion, Liberals wrote the Constitution, Republican liberals fought the treasonous and slave promoting Southern states to preserve the union...if not for liberals there would be no UNITED States of America.

Think about that before you condemn your son or daughter who may not share your views.

[ 06-05-2020, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-05-2020 04:13 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The liberals then were fighting for religious liberty. Most liberals today want nothing to do with it, including my liberal kids and grandkids. Those liberals and the ones now are not even in the same boat.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-05-2020 04:18 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No Norm, they were fighting against tyranny, just like they are today.

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 06-05-2020 04:41 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM, be careful. The word "liberal" has completely changed its meaning over the years.

From Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism

quote:
Liberalism is a political and moral philosophy based on liberty, consent of the governed and equality before the law. Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but they generally support free markets, free trade, limited government, individual rights (including civil rights and human rights), capitalism, democracy, secularism, gender equality, racial equality, internationalism, freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom of religion.
You will note that most of these principles that undergird "liberalism" are actually bedrock values of conservatives.

I see no evidence of liberalism in the thugs destroying our cities. I don't even see any official grievance to be addressed. They are just angry, out-of-control mobs using this moment in time to act like animals instead of people.

For contrast, see "Martin Luther King, Jr" and the amazing protests he successfully led.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13621 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-05-2020 04:45 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's your opinion, Tip, nothing else...not at all better than mine.

[ 06-05-2020, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 06-05-2020 04:54 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tyranny? Really?

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 06-05-2020 04:56 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK, so it is your opinion that these thugs are liberals fighting against tyranny.

Unbelievable. I will leave you to enjoy your opinion. I cannot share it.

--------------------
Tiptree

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-05-2020 05:08 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What thugs are you speaking of...the ones that blatantly and violently attacked peaceful protesters so the cowardly president Trump could walk across the street and hold a bible in his hand, or the, I don't know, "animals" in the street that were doing nothing wrong...You know what Tip, you're better than this..

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 06-05-2020 06:58 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Probably the ones that destroyed stores like Davis Jewelers in Louisville jus because they could and their former president said it was all OK!
Funny, suddenly the Virus takes a back burner to all of this!
People that I know and love couldn't even gather to honor a man for his life while we gather in hundreds or even thousands to honor a man that most of these people didn't even KNOW!!! Are YOU KIDDING ME! If the Virus suddenly grows, I KNOW WHO TO BLAME!!! We couldn't go to a family funeral to honor a respectful man but a man who had been arrested at least 4-5 times could have Al Sharpton at his funeral? REALLY?

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123983 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-05-2020 08:25 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't give a GD, Mark, how many times he's been arrested or who speaks at his funeral, the man was murdered at the hands of the people who were supposed to protect him from being murdered.

BTW, I can't stand AL Sharpton...he is a race-baiting SOB...but that's beside the point...it just is, Mark.

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-05-2020 08:48 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Abbreviating banned words does not soften them any. Calling the president a coward is pushing the limits as well. I advise you to tone down the rhetoric a notch or two. You are no longer in the mines.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 06-05-2020 08:51 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"What thugs are you speaking of...the ones that blatantly and violently attacked peaceful protesters so the cowardly president Trump could walk across the street and hold a bible in his hand, or the,"

As a police office I take offense u calling us thugs!

You are showing your true super biased hate for trump and therefore what this country stands for. You and your liberal friends are using this tragedy to make it a political event to unseat a president. Your hate is getting worse each time you post here...

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-05-2020 08:53 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can speak of the president anyway I choose, Norm, whether you like it or not...right?

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-05-2020 08:57 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, right, Ed...you're so neutral.

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 06-05-2020 09:08 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not like you are! you are hateful possessed!

u must wake up hating and go to bed hating. Feel sorry for y ou!!

[ 06-05-2020, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 06-05-2020 09:14 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, I can honestly say I’ve always liked and respected you and believed you to be fair.

But, If you’re going to threaten people for calling the president unflattering names, you should go back to the Obama years. There’s a whole lot of folks that need threatening. Obama was, and is, called everything but a white man on here.

I can’t wait for some to come on here and tell me how they respect the office too much to call the president names.

The Cats Domain has become an unhealthy place for me mentally.

[ 06-05-2020, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5399 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-05-2020 09:32 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nah, it ain't hc. It's a place of expression...we should feel comfortable here...not intimidated.

[ 06-06-2020, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 06-06-2020 12:11 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looting is not protesting. It is simply a crime.
Posts: 10342 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-06-2020 06:46 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's true, PC.

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-06-2020 09:54 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm:
quote:
You are no longer in the mines.
You’re right, Norm....too much anger...too much sadness...signing off for a while.

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 06-06-2020 10:11 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Me too M&M, at least until sports start back up. The Domain will be a much more harmonious site without us. I will continue to read occasionally and hope you will keep us informed about your wife.
Posts: 5399 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 06-06-2020 10:40 AM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you guys don't quit arguing and being hateful about politics, I may start being a Louisville Cardinal fan!!!!!
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 06-06-2020 12:14 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
clydeh … that is ok with me, but better yet how about a Tar Heel fan ?!?!? lol

MEL

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 06-06-2020 01:25 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mel,
I should have said Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 06-06-2020 08:50 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[Eek!]

Norm, don't say ANYTHING!

--------------------
Tiptree

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-07-2020 11:56 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If I hurt anyone's feelings, or disappointed you in any way, I apologize. I just felt that things were getting out of hand.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 06-07-2020 03:44 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, I meant "don't say anything about Clydeh's comment about Duke".

[Smile]

--------------------
Tiptree

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-07-2020 03:49 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, I knew that. Thank you though.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com