TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Another stimulus package.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another stimulus package.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-17-2020 11:27 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
These politicians have got me scratching my head again. The Democrats seem determined to give any body and anything money. As long as it fits their political agenda they want to throw money at it.

On the other hand, the Republicans are determined a stimulus package should consist primarily of wage tax cuts. I’m pretty sure the majority of those finically affected by this pandemic is because of lost jobs. How is that going to help them?

It appears to me both parties are only concerned about getting votes from their constituents. That can’t be right can it?

I’m pretty sure there is some “stimulating” going on. What it’s supposed to stimulate is what has me perplexed.

[ 05-17-2020, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5398 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-17-2020 11:35 AM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really do believe that the dems are trying to buy votes the Reps probably (I just don't trust many if any politians anymore) can we all say drain the swamp and term limits ?!?!?

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-17-2020 11:38 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To me, these "stimulus packages" are like a robber stealing your wallet, then "giving" you about half enough money to buy groceries, back.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-17-2020 11:51 AM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good analysis Norm.

If people have applied for unemployment they get what the state allots them as well as $600 a week which is more than many are making when they are working !!! Why more stimulus packages (other than to small business owners (and make sure they get them not the bigger business that got them in the last stimulus even though they were designed for the small businesses.

MEL

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-17-2020 02:00 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Big retail business, i.e. Walmart, Target, Kroger etc. should not get it at all. They have been allowed to stay open, and I'm guessing, doing better than ever.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 05-17-2020 02:17 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I read somewhere that small businesses will get 10m whereas states (some like NY who mismanaged their budgets) one trillion dols. Stupid if true!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-17-2020 03:34 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
New York shouldn't get squat. The feds sent the navy hospital ship, built field hospitals, remodeled the Javits center and staffed all the above. NY barely used any of them. That ship had 1000 available beds, of which they used ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY! The whole operation was a big waste of time. I'd say enough is enough.
edit: The damn fools SHOULD have sent those covid positive patients that they put in nursing homes in one of those federally supplied facilities. It would have saved hundreds, if not thousands, of lives.

[ 05-17-2020, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-17-2020 03:39 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gotta agree with both ukc and Norm. Many small businesses weren't able to get their loans because bigger small businesses got their paperwork in quicker because they had more people and lawyers to fill out the paperwork correctly the first time as where the small businesses kept getting their paperwork back saying it wasn't filled out correctly. Some of the bigger small businesses had millions in reserve but wanted the free money. The banks gave them the money because the bigger the loan the bigger percentage the bank got in fees.

MEL

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-17-2020 03:43 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One more thing: New York also raised Hell with the Samaritan's Purse (Rev Franklin Graham) for setting up field hospitals there, and are now trying to charge them tax for any work they did. Pure evil. Nothing less.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-17-2020 03:49 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm I hadn't heard that … that is ridiculous and as you said pure evil !!!

MEL

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-17-2020 05:28 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is an article about it. I LOVE their reason for wanting Samaritan's Purse gone.

Link

Where it asks you to subscribe, you can click "No Thanks".

[ 05-17-2020, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-17-2020 05:45 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow … they come in and do so much good but now are being thrown out because they hurt someone's feelings with their beliefs that are supposed to be protected by our constitution. Hmmmmmmm

MEL

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com