TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » President Trump

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: President Trump
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-23-2020 05:30 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
an opinion

consider this...when you think the President is a jerk...
The bottom line has been that Trump IS a jerk. He’s crude, he bloviates, he gets his feelings hurt and he’s a hot head.
Let me tell you what else he is. He is a guy that demands performance. He is a guy that asks lots of questions. The questions he asks aren’t cloaked in fancy phrases, they are “why the hell....” questions.
For decades the health industry has thrown away billions of face masks after one use. Trump asks, “Why the hell are we throwing them away? Why not sterilize them and use them numerous times?” He’s the guy that gets hospital ships readied in one week, when it would have taken a bureaucrat weeks or months to get it done. He’s the guy that gets temporary hospitals built in three days. He’s the guy that gets industries to build ventilators and face masks in a business that’s highly regulated by agencies that move like sloths.
He’s the guy that asks why we aren’t using drugs that might work on people that are dying; what the hell do we have to lose? In spite of all the naysayers. He’s the guy that shut down travel from China, when the liberals and the media were screaming xenophobia and racist. Now they are asking why didn't he react sooner? He’s the guy that ran on securing the border in the face of a screaming press and media. When he shut down borders in the midst of the coronavirus they were up in arms over such a draconian move. Then the rest of the world followed suit all over, including the European Union between member countries.
Has he made mistakes, yep. Everyone I know would have. All of these experts wouldn’t have done any better. Trump is working harder than I’ve ever seen a President work. He isn’t hiding in his office, he’s out front every day.
Take for instance, all the shortages of PPE’s and ventilators. I’m unaware of anything that prevented all of these governors from ordering all the PPE and ventilators for emergency purposes over the last two years. And yet, it is Trump’s fault that they didn’t.
He’s balanced his approach and listened to the experts, when his distractors said he wouldn’t and couldn’t. When he offers hope, he’s lying and when he’s straight forward, he should be hopeful. It’s a no win, but he is not deterred by all of that BS coming from the press and the liberals.
I’ll take this kind of leadership over a nice guy that can make eloquent speeches. And he doesn't take a paycheck.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-23-2020 05:47 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Amen ukc ... he doesn't tip toe where peoples feelings are. He tells it like he sees it !!! No way he is always right but he does care for the American people and that in my book stands for a lot !!!
He never gets the credit but always gets the blame … I actually like his brazen remarks to the Dem's (or anyone for that matter). He isn't PC and I love that he isn't !!! Time we got rid of the PC crap in my opinion (yeah I know I am old school and if you get your feelers hurt get over it and move forward) !!!

MEL

Posts: 2791 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-23-2020 05:53 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The US will be Trump’s 7th bankruptcy!

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-23-2020 06:45 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm glad to see MM was the first Liberal I've seen finally mention about bankrupting the country! Yep once again it's Trumps fault. Maybe by 2024 he'll have that straightened out! Depends a lot on if the wicked witch of the west is still Speaker of the House in the upcoming election!

It's a shame Trump didn't become a DR so he could have come up a cure for this virus! Once again, IT'S TRUMPS FAULT!

At least we know where he stands in the eyes of the Dems!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123968 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-23-2020 06:59 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
mh:
quote:
I'm glad to see MM was the first Liberal I've seen finally mention about bankrupting the country! Yep once again it's Trumps fault.
Funny how times have changed...the Republicans used to mention it!

quote:

It's a shame Trump didn't become a DR

He is a Dr!....You ain't been watching his daily briefings?

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-23-2020 07:02 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
The US will be Trump’s 7th bankruptcy!

Yeah all Trumps fault … and every other President and congress member get a pass !!! Hmmmmmmm typical liberal thought process !!!

MEL

Posts: 2791 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 04-23-2020 07:06 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can’t seem to recall which President doubled our nation’s debt during his first term. In fact, he brought more debt to our nation than all of the Presidents before him “combined.” Oh yeah, it was President Obama. Trump 2020

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 04-23-2020 07:09 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM
sometime back I posted on one of these topics about the treatment (economic shutdown) being worse than the Covid disease. I still wonder about that.
I saw my Dr. today. He is the one that told me that the liquid coming out of my nose was probably spinal fluid from a defect in the dura covering my brain. When I asked about the treatment, he did say the treatment was worse than the disease.

Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-23-2020 07:17 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MEL:
quote:
Yeah all Trumps fault
Well, I ain't seen a lot of vetoing going on...He happily signed everything put in front of him...including the first President to sign stimulus checks...nice!

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-23-2020 07:26 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
EC:
quote:
I can’t seem to recall which President doubled our nation’s debt during his first term.
I can't seem to remember the last time a Democrat succeeding a Republican President that did not inherit a total disaster, and had few if any options!...Same will be true in 2020!

Just to follow up on that national debt thing, here is a list of the last 5 presidents performance.

Reagan increased debt 184%...8 yrs.

H. W. Bush increase 54%...4 yrs.

Clinton increase 36%...8 yrs.

W. Bush increase 93%....8 yrs.

Obama increase 78%...8 yrs.

[ 04-24-2020, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-23-2020 07:33 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
clydeh:
quote:
When I asked about the treatment, he did say the treatment was worse than the disease.
There are definitely situations like that. I have an aunt that recently went through lung cancer treatment (still recovering). She is 80 years old and appears to have beat the disease, but told me if she had it to do over she's not sure she would go through it again.

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-24-2020 09:17 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You guys may or may not know I’m diabetic and give myself a nightly injection of insulin. In the interest of science i’m going to try something different. Tonight, along with insulin, I’m going to add hand sanitizer. Wish me luck.
Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-24-2020 09:38 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc:
quote:
ou guys may or may not know I’m diabetic and give myself a nightly injection of insulin. In the interest of science i’m going to try something different. Tonight, along with insulin, I’m going to add hand sanitizer. Wish me luck.
[Big Grin]

I'm diabetic also hc, but I take my insulin in the mornings. I was thinking about mixing mine with Clorox but I'll wait to see how yours turns out.

If I don't here from you in the next 24 hrs I'll just stick with the insulin for the time being.

BTW....good luck!

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-24-2020 09:58 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good gosh M&M, use a little common sense! Clorox is toxic if ingested so you have to assume it would also be toxic if injected. On the other hand, hand sanitizer is primarily alcohol which everybody knows is good for you. Perhaps you should leave these medical experiments to us experts.
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 04-24-2020 09:58 AM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Me too, MM and Handy , have been for over 40 years. My father died of diabetic complications at the ripe old age of 48. He was the oldest of 6 children and all of them were diabetic and all but one died very young, mainly because none of them knew they had the disease.

I also take insulin nightly along with two other diabetic drugs, one of which costs me $180 a month, after insurance and will soon sky rocket once I reach the "coverage gap".

I watch my diet carefully and try to get exercise regularly. My fasting blood sugar is around 100, and averages 160-180 after meals. my A1C is under 7.0, still too high but my doctor isn't overly concerned about that.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-24-2020 10:27 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc:
quote:
Good gosh M&M, use a little common sense! Clorox is toxic if ingested so you have to assume it would also be toxic if injected. On the other hand, hand sanitizer is primarily alcohol which everybody knows is good for you. Perhaps you should leave these medical experiments to us experts.
You're right, hc...of course. I just let excitement override common sense....thanks!

jarcat:

quote:
my A1C is under 7.0, still too high but my doctor isn't overly concerned about that.
That's about where mine stays....my Dr says he's fine with that.

[ 04-24-2020, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-24-2020 10:28 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jarcat, you have yours in much better control than I . My fasting level is 150 but better in the day when I get moving. I take 1 shot at night and a hand full of pills throughout the day. I too exercise daily, watch my diet etc. I had a virtual appointment with my endocrinologist last week and as usual she seems more concerned about my levels dropping too low. I think that is because of heart issues but I’m not sure. She has said more than once those numbers are ok fo me and she would rather see them a little high than low. I am pleased with my A1c, 6.8. Good for me.
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-24-2020 10:41 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's really not a one number fits all. Not everyone reacts to diabetes the same way. A 7.5 A1C may harm some folks and not others....lots of factors to consider.

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-24-2020 02:25 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My wife, Millie, was also diagnosed with Type II diabetes more than 40 years ago. Her glucose levels vary a lot, from under 100 to over 300. She take an injection of Humalog 75/25 morning and evening, and Lantus as needed. Her A1C was 7.7 early in March. What really ticked me off was the last two times she saw the endocrinologist, she carried on about how great Millie is doing, then promptly wanted to change her medications twice, to something much more expensive. They were so expensive that the military refused to fill the prescriptions, saying other, cheaper meds were just as good.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36266 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-24-2020 02:35 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Big Pharma at your service!

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-24-2020 03:44 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, for some doctors practicing medicine is a business and nothing more. I have 4 doctors and I implicitly trust three of them. My orthopedic surgeon is it it for the bucks and nothing more.

I really think that doctors take into consideration age when looking at A1C. Maybe Dr Clyde could give an opinion on this.

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 04-24-2020 07:20 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
handy,
The AIC is a wonderful and helpful test. I always felt that unstable blood glucose was riskier than high glucose in older people. The AIC tells us what is happening over a period of time. I think of it as the same as what a basketball player's scoring averages is for a few games rather than what he scores one game.

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-25-2020 06:31 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I always felt that unstable blood glucose was riskier than high glucose in older people.
Thanks Dr Clyde! I always felt that is what my endocrinologist meant when she said my blood sugars were ok for me. To steal Norm’s phrase from another thread, she is young and cute as a bugs ear and was reluctant to tell me I’m old.

Norm, since you used that phrase the other day, I’ve examined numerous bug ears and have yet to find a cute one. Is it a particular type of bug?

[ 04-25-2020, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 04-26-2020 05:38 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
handy,
Your endocrinologist probably has more training in diabetes care than I do. Also, no one has EVER said anything about me looking like a bug's ear! I do hope that you guys that have diabetes will follow your doctors' instructions and not suffer the complications of diabetes.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com