TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Tips Crystal Ball

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tips Crystal Ball
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-16-2020 11:44 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Posted by Tip 3/15...a month ago.

I am not generally prone to conspiracy theories, but the characteristics of this disease are those that make it a perfect bioweapon:

(1) The long incubation period allows those infected to spread the virus to the maximum number of others before symptoms show.

(2) Permanent lung damage (fibrosis) often occurs before symptons appear.

(3) It is more contagious than any flu or cold virus (which are from the same family of viruses) -- on average, a carrier infects over 3 people. Normal flu and cold viruses have an infection rate of 1.8 or less.

(4) The fact that it is a "novel" (new) virus also indicates something man-made. Most viruses are mutations from other strains; this one is brand new.

Methinks the Chinese have some 'splainin to do.

Seems like you nailed it my friend!

BTW, don't let hc near that crystal ball. [Smile]

[ 04-16-2020, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-16-2020 03:08 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am usually not a conspiracist but I have thought (since Tip put an article up) that it is exactly what has happened. Looking at where it started (NY, Miami, Texas, Calif and Washington state) by basically surrounding us it then started inward as well as moving on planes and other means of transportation.

The WHO didn't help with their response about China.

MEL

[ 04-16-2020, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: MEL ]

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-16-2020 03:26 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MEL:
quote:

The WHO didn't help with their response about China.

All that stuff is true, but that's a fight for another day. I mean, what are you going to do about it right now? Can't piss them off too much...they got the stuff the world needs to fight the virus.

All our focus now needs to be centered around containing the virus here at home and getting this nation up and running again.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-16-2020 03:33 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Totally agree MM but there will be hell to pay if this is found out to be true.
Also the UN and WHO needs our money more than we need them IMHO. Sorry, whole nother topic.

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-16-2020 04:00 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MEL:
quote:
Also the UN and WHO needs our money more than we need them IMHO.
I hope that is still the case on the other side.

Our global economic influence is very much at risk. Who will emerge as "the man"? Somebody will, we know that...and it looks like China has a head start.

[ 04-16-2020, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-16-2020 05:11 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not so sure this is a man-made virus. And if it is, i'm not so sure they meant to release it. As this virus stands, it's one that we will overcome eventually. I think if China really wanted to knock us out they would wait and unleash a virus that kills more than just mostly the elderly. Unless their guinea pigs were Chinese nursing homes and they assumed it was deadly to all. I also saw an interview, for what it's worth, from an "expert" who said this virus showed no signs of man-made characteristics.

Just my two cents, however.

[ 04-16-2020, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: PaulCat ]

Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-16-2020 05:58 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PC:
quote:
I'm not so sure this is a man-made virus.
Who is?...don't matter at all right now does it?

Not trying to be a smart ass, PC, just saying...

--------------------

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-16-2020 06:06 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
PC:
quote:
I'm not so sure this is a man-made virus.
Who is?...don't matter at all right now does it?

Not trying to be a smart ass, PC, just saying...

I assumed Tip was. He called it a perfect bioweapon. I assumed he was meaning man-made. Perhaps he can clarify.
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-16-2020 09:32 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, I was saying it would be a perfect "stealth" bio-weapon, as I noted above.

Now there are two other facts that have emerged that make me wonder even more:

(1) We are finding out that a large percentage of "survivors" still test positive for the virus. In other words, an effective vaccine may never be developed.

(2) The Chinese are laying the blame for the source of the virus on the wet market in Wuhan. But, there are two bio labs that deal with viruses in Wuhan -- one of them is a mere 300 yards from the wet market. In addition, the original cases could not actually be tied to the wet market. Tiptree thinks that the virus 'leaked' from one of the labs in the city, and the Chinese government is never going to admit to that. In theory, neither of the labs is a military lab, but in China, everything cam be co-opted by the military if deemed necessary.

Now, it could be just a virus that legitimate scientists were merely studying, but somehow escaped into the population. But, once again, look at the characteristics of this virus. It just smells like a military experiment gone bad.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-17-2020 09:12 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip:
quote:
We are finding out that a large percentage of "survivors" still test positive for the virus. In other words, an effective vaccine may never be developed.
Now, that is scary!

--------------------

GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 04-20-2020 07:25 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
Yes, I was saying it would be a perfect "stealth" bio-weapon, as I noted above.

Now there are two other facts that have emerged that make me wonder even more:

(1) We are finding out that a large percentage of "survivors" still test positive for the virus. In other words, an effective vaccine may never be developed.

(2) The Chinese are laying the blame for the source of the virus on the wet market in Wuhan. But, there are two bio labs that deal with viruses in Wuhan -- one of them is a mere 300 yards from the wet market. In addition, the original cases could not actually be tied to the wet market. Tiptree thinks that the virus 'leaked' from one of the labs in the city, and the Chinese government is never going to admit to that. In theory, neither of the labs is a military lab, but in China, everything cam be co-opted by the military if deemed necessary.

Now, it could be just a virus that legitimate scientists were merely studying, but somehow escaped into the population. But, once again, look at the characteristics of this virus. It just smells like a military experiment gone bad.

There has never been a successful vaccine for any corona virus....ever...in medical history. We are also now hearing that those with antibodies may not be immune, which would explain why a vaccine, that would cause the body to produce antibodies, would not work on corona viruses in general or this one specifically. Yet, we putting all our economic eggs in one basket - some form of shutdown or limited socializing until a vaccine is available? When will that be again? How long did it take us to develop that last vaccine against a corona virus? Geeeesh!

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com