TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Alabama storm

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Alabama storm
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 04-12-2020 05:39 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM, are you okay from this storm?
Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-13-2020 08:59 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, doing OK clydeh. Thanks for asking.

The wind was worse than the rain. A tornado set down about 5 miles away and was pretty intense for about 30 mins....lost power over night and had to sleep with my terrified Beagle but everything is intact.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-13-2020 09:59 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dang, MM. I didn't realize you were that close to it. Glad you were out of harms way.
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 04-13-2020 10:02 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
M.M.
glad to hear you are okay. The news reported that Tuscaloosa was one of the hardest hit areas in Alabama in their earlier reporting.

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-13-2020 10:12 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did you have any problems clydeh?

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-13-2020 10:19 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PC:
quote:
Dang, MM. I didn't realize you were that close to it. Glad you were out of harms way
Tuscaloosa is directly in the “tornado ally” path. We get hit pretty hard some years.

--------------------

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 04-13-2020 11:06 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
M.M.

We did not have any problems, but we were a little afraid and stayed in our safe room for about an hour until the tornado watches were over for our area.

My wife mentioned AGAIN that we ought to move back to Kentucky because tornadoes are not a problem up there.

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-13-2020 11:21 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear that all of you are ok. Thank goodness. My wife is from Enterprise Ala and not bad there at all...

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-13-2020 11:41 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll NEVER forget this bad boy!

Link

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-14-2020 12:35 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
clydeh:
quote:
My wife mentioned AGAIN that we ought to move back to Kentucky because tornadoes are not a problem up there.
Flooding is the menace in Eastern Kentucky.......everywhere has something it seems.

--------------------

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-14-2020 07:44 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukcatfannfl:
Glad to hear that all of you are ok. Thank goodness. My wife is from Enterprise Ala and not bad there at all...

I live in Enterprise Alabama. I tell you from about midnight until 3 am it was really rough. I was out in it. The wind blew some big limbs out of my oak tree. It was real windy all day, but only bad for those 3 hours that I mentioned.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9796 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-14-2020 08:30 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Right and also Bruce (enterprise cat) we meet both of you guys once when we were there. Wife's brother who she was talking with. Glad u r ok. Bet no helicopters were flying!!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 04-14-2020 09:31 AM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

You apparently weren't here in April of 1973.

Of the 7 houses on our cul-de-sac we were the only one that had a basement. Every one came to our house to ride out the storm.

Several twisters touched down in many surrounding counties causing tremendous damage. But other than high winds and lots of tree limbs down, nothing severe occurred in "God's Country", Fayette County.

So, Clyde, tornadoes do occur in Kentucky.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-14-2020 10:16 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jarcat:
[QUOTE]
So, Clyde, tornadoes do occur in Kentucky.

They most certainly do. In March, our oldest granddaughter and her family rode one out in Alvaton, near Bowling Green. Took part of their roof and the patio cover off their new house. The absence of a roof caused major damage. Wet sheet rock fell off the ceiling and then down came the water soaked insulation. They lived with her inlaws for about a week, and now the insurance co. is paying for an apartment for them in Bowling Green.

Edit: Now their 10 year old daughter starts screaming and crying when a thunder storm comes up. I hope she gets over that soon.

[ 04-14-2020, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 04-14-2020 10:41 AM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know that tornadoes occur in Kentucky, but not as often as here. However, flooding is much worse in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky.
My wife and I were renting a house in San Pedro, California, and it was near the ocean. There was a steep incline between the house and ocean, but we did have a good view of the ocean from the back porch.
Two of my wife's cousins came to visit us from the Inez, Kentucky area. Both of them had experienced the flooding problems in Inez. One of them (about fifteen years old)asked a serious question while we were sitting on the back porch viewing the ocean scenery. He asked, "Does that thing ever get up?"

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-14-2020 12:45 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Clydeh:
quote:
"Does that thing ever get up?"
A little personal, IMO. [Smile]

--------------------

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 04-14-2020 02:08 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
M.M.,
The thing he was talking about is a lot bigger than what you are thinking about.

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-14-2020 06:02 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukcatfannfl:
Right and also Bruce (enterprise cat) we meet both of you guys once when we were there. Wife's brother who she was talking with. Glad u r ok. Bet no helicopters were flying!!

No helicopters were flying, but there is always maintenance to do.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9796 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com