TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » When do we open the country up? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Author Topic: When do we open the country up?
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-06-2020 10:20 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don’t have a clue. The President will take criticism no matter when it happens.

Anybody have any thoughts or opinions. Will the end of April be too soon?

Posts: 5383 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-06-2020 10:53 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handy, I have no idea. Yes, the president will be blamed for this, no matter what. The recession/depression following this may very well be worse, if that's possible, than this pandemic. One of my very best friends lost his wife to COVID-19 at 8:30 this morning. She went into the hospital at Paducah last Tuesday. It will hit Charles very hard. He is suffering from PTSD, early stage dementia and Parkinson's. He has been under quarantine since she went to hospital.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36266 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-06-2020 11:17 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc:
quote:
The President will take criticism no matter when it happens.

It's not for Trump to decide when or how...that will be left to each individual state.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-06-2020 11:54 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
perhaps add:

Thru consultations with the federal govt led by President Trump who has taken charge of the virus protection.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-06-2020 12:01 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
hc:
quote:
The President will take criticism no matter when it happens.

It's not for Trump to decide when or how...that will be left to each individual state.
He'll still take the blame.
Posts: 10330 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-06-2020 12:04 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PaulCat:

Abso-damn-lutely!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-06-2020 12:10 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PC:
quote:
No he won't! "I take no responsibility at all"....Donald Trump.

Even if the unfathomable were to happen, 1 million dead in the US, Trump would declare that if not for his brilliant, swift and decisive action, it would have been 5x, maybe even 10x worse.

Ed:
quote:
President Trump who has taken charge of the virus protection.

And you're seeing the results!

[ 04-06-2020, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-06-2020 12:38 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, very sorry to hear about your friends wife. I know this brings this epidemic home to you in a way many have nor experienced yet.
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-06-2020 12:47 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My condolences also, Norm. At our age we have been friends with some folks for many, many, years. They're not even considered friends, actually...they're family.

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-06-2020 12:53 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes and so the results are below working models.

MM the left will NEVER give our President any slack just like you are doing here. Just the way it is but IMV we are lucky to have a businessman vs a political in charge. See Biden remarks for example...

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-06-2020 12:56 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let's restate that blame thing. Het will GET the blame. You are already doing it. Why SHOULD he take the blame? Do you think this is his fault? I know some of your party member are already laying it at his feet, but I never expected you to join them.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-06-2020 01:35 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed:
quote:
Just the way it is but IMV we are lucky to have a businessman vs a political in charge.
We're lucky to have a 6-time bankrupt "businessman" as President? If that's all we have I'll take my chances with a politician.

Norm:

quote:
Do you think this is his fault?
Not the virus, but the response?...Abso-damn-lutely!

quote:
I know some of your party member are already laying it at his feet,
What party is that, Norm?

I will admit, Norm, I have never, not one day, been registered as a Republican.

quote:
but I never expected you to join them.
I don't "join them" Norm...I really do try to think for myself.

[ 04-06-2020, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 04-06-2020 01:44 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish you guys would leave politics out of this mess we are in. I do not think the Bible teaches that on the day of judgment our political party will be important, but how WE have lived. We must be in the Lord and not in a certain political party
Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-06-2020 02:46 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Speaking of respnses!

As the leaders of NY criticize Trump for his and his administrations slow and inadequate response to bailing out the city and state because of their own lack of preparedness and action give this reminder a thought.

On Jan 17 President Trump ordered the CDC to begin screening all travelers from China

Here is what the NY Health Commissioner said in response to this order by the President.

"Commissioner Oxiris Barbot
Today our city is celebrating the lunar new year parade in Chinatown, a beautiful culture tradition with a rich history in our city. I want to remind everyone to enjoy the parade and not change any plans due to misinformation spreading about! #coronavirus."

Yea blame Trump for this lack of response! sick people who certainly helped keep New York the epic center and then blame the President for it!!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-06-2020 03:33 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed:
quote:

MM the left will NEVER give our President any slack just like you are doing here.

OK, Ed, honestly, you in charge in a do-over situation...what would you do?

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-06-2020 04:01 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What would you do?

I just posted ref NYC and how the city just said that Trump gave misinformation and that the people should go on about their business and enjoy the parades etc.

Yet you ignore this bit of info and instead attempt to deflect to me!. And you continue to blame Trump on what is rightfully so a state responsibility to rev up when the fed govt announced that "Houston there is a problem". You can add NO and Ca to that list. Only when it gets bad do they then play the "blame" game.

p.s. the President stands on the stage each day and answers any question the media might have which include "how come u don't wear a mask" and on and on about a "cheap" drug that might just work! Where he gets his energy for a 70 something old person....He does stand up to the media which is something they hate. Fake news is the norm when reporting by some of those media types.

[ 04-06-2020, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-06-2020 04:12 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed:
quote:
What would you do?
GMAFB Ed! That's your answer?

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-06-2020 04:18 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
AND that answer makes it ok to ask me but I cant ask u?

see above also

[ 04-06-2020, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-06-2020 05:05 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM,

Let's go with your answer that Trump is absolutely responsible for the response for the United States. We have two extremes on each coast about his response.

California - Population of 39 million and they have 13,438 cases

New York - Population of 19 million and they have 119,435 cases

How do you explain that? I've heard Gavin Newsome who absolutey has gone against Trump more than any Governor, give him and his team nothing but praise. While I hear Cuomo on the news everyday whining how Trump has done nothing.

Again, how do you explain that?

You know what I believe? I believe the help was there for any of the states to take and some took it and others did not. Those that did not take the help are paying the full price for their decisions. California and New York are not the only examples where you see this disparity.

Illinois vs. Ohio response
Michigan vs. Indiana response

[ 04-06-2020, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11553 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-06-2020 05:10 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed, I know you greatly admire Trump and that’s fine. No problem, to each his own. Here is “one” of the reasons I feel differently.

I’ve started to post this numerous times but always deleteded
it.

A very shortened version. We have a family member who was in one of Trumps beauty pageant’s years ago. Based on information told to her by another contestant, she said it was rigged. She would not change her story and Trump sued her. She could not prove what she had stated and Trump was awarded 5 million dollars. She was, and I assume still is, a very religious person.

Like I said, a very shortened version, much much more to the story. She is now married with children but sends her monthly check to Donald Trump. He may not take a salary but he has no problem taking her money.

Maybe she lied, maybe he lied. I believe her. Makes me sick when I hear what a wonderful human being he is.

I may agree with his politics but will always despise the man.

[ 04-06-2020, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-06-2020 05:13 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TB:

quote:
Let's go with your answer that Trump is absolutely responsible for the response for the United States.
Where did I say that, TB?

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-06-2020 05:31 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear that about you family Handy and hope she finds peace thru her church, her family and friends. There is no question in my mind that he is a ruthless business man and probably has done many shady deals.

I don't particularly like trump as a person (for one thing I know nothing personally about him) but I do like his polices and his taking on all his critics in his "America first" agenda, despite daily, having the news media against him and congress indicating they would rather let people die than give in to him. I am referring to the house speaker holding up the virus bill for four days so she could ad pork and more pork. Despite this the President signed the bill because the end result in helping his fellow citizens mattered more.

Again I feel sorry for your family member and have no defense for the cause and result. sorry

[ 04-06-2020, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-06-2020 06:03 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here. So my question still stands.

quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:

Norm:

quote:
Do you think this is his fault?
Not the virus, but the response?...Abso-damn-lutely!

[ 04-06-2020, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11553 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-06-2020 06:22 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Personal interaction with Trump don’t end well for a bunch of folks, hc....Sorry your. family was one of them.

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-06-2020 06:37 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you Ed and M&M. I’m not close to the girl but do know it to be true. She was on one of the morning talk shows years ago.

I didn’t want to post much more about it as I fear retaliation from the President. Unbeknown to most on here, the President is a follower of the Domain. He reads this daily and occasionally will post....sorry, i’m Unable to reveal his user name as that might violate my security clearance.

Pretty sure at least of a couple of the mods know who he is but I can’t reveal their names, Norm & Tip.

[ 04-06-2020, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-06-2020 07:12 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LOL!!!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-06-2020 07:36 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, we have been revealed. Handy has turned on us! Execute Operation Vamoose immediately!!!! See you, um, er... there.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13600 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-07-2020 06:49 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TB:
quote:
California - Population of 39 million and they have 13,438 cases

New York - Population of 19 million and they have 119,435 cases

How do you explain that?

Since China uncovered their coverup Dec 31, there have been over 400,000 people of multiple nationalities arrive in the US from China, 40,000 since the travel "ban" Feb 2, a month later....with thousands flying directly from Wuhan.

Guess where they landed...Los Angeles, New York, San Fran, Seattle, New Jersey....notice a pattern?

quote:
I've heard Gavin Newsome who absolutey has gone against Trump more than any Governor, give him and his team nothing but praise. While I hear Cuomo on the news everyday whining how Trump has done nothing.

Newsome is more tactful than Cuomo.

He realizes in order to get any help from Trump you have to publicly give him a verbal blow job...you know, be "appreciative" as he put it...iow, bow down and kiss the ring.

Cuomo ain't going to do that...when Trump helps he says so...when Trump don't help, he says so.

quote:
You know what I believe? I believe the help was there for any of the states to take and some took it and others did not.
I have noticed how all the red-state governors got anything they needed.

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-07-2020 08:35 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No state was more ill repaired than NY and he was told in 2015 he better "gear" up. Now all he does is cry - whereas Newsome has a little class!

You MM can not for the life of you give ANY credit to where It is due and that is to the President of the United States Donald Trump.

Hilary would have used this pandemic as a ways to get richer and as proven, the democrats have already used it to get programs passed to fit their agenda to the tune of holding a crisis bill up which undoubtedly caused American lives. That is your democratic party!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-07-2020 08:42 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have noticed how all the red-state governors got anything they needed.
Examples, please.

And, as pointed out here many times, the STATES are supposed to be prepared for these events. Somehow, you want it all to be handled by Washington. I am not sure you really want to disband the federal system and go to an all-powerful central government, or at least I hope you don't.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13600 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-07-2020 10:37 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip:
quote:
Examples, please.
The most glaring example is Florida. On March 11, Florida governor DeSantis put in a request from the strategic stockpile....3 days later he received 100% of his request, even though other states (i.e. New Jersey) had put in request earlier but had received less than 10% of their order.

quote:
And, as pointed out here many times, the STATES are supposed to be prepared for these events. Somehow, you want it all to be handled by Washington.
National Strategic Stockpile mission statement.

since at least December 2018, the stockpile's mission statement on its HHS-run web site explained that it was available "when state, local, tribal, and territorial responders request federal assistance to support their response efforts" in order to "ensures that the right medicines and supplies get to those who need them most during an emergency."

That was before boy stable genius Jared declared:

"The notion of the federal stockpile was it's supposed to be our stockpile; it's not supposed to be state stockpiles that they then use,"

Ed:
quote:
No state was more ill repaired than NY
And no country more ill-prepared than the US.

quote:
the democrats have already used it to get programs passed to fit their agenda to the tune of holding a crisis bill up which undoubtedly caused American lives. That is your democratic party!
What about the one McConnell put in for SUNSCREEN!

"A provision for the FDA to approve 'innovative' sunscreens — that happen to be made in Florence, Ky., by L'Oreal — appeared in the bill,

[ 04-07-2020, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 04-07-2020 12:37 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wonder if a democrat had been in office during this pandemic if we would have shut our country down the way we've done already? H1N1, during the chosen ones presidency, had a higher number of absolute cases and a higher death toll, and we did nothing of the sort.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-07-2020 02:07 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CFIY:

We'll never know, but we can look around and see what governors have not shut down, or waited on Trumps approval.

quote:
during the chosen ones presidency
You talking about this guy?

The Chosen One

--------------------

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-07-2020 03:47 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Open the country now.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-07-2020 03:58 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You may get your wish soon, rlt. My neighbor's son works at the Mercedes plant in Brookwood, Al.

He was notified today they were opening up the plant next week. The only reason they shut down was due to interruptions in the supply chain.

We'll see how it works out.

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-07-2020 05:00 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If the people testing positive, or have symptoms of COVID-19 would self quarantine, the rest of us wouldn't have to. This is just my opinion, so don't be jumping in my $#it about it. Yes, I know all about those with no symptoms but have the virus.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-07-2020 05:58 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"And no country more ill-prepared than the US."

ask Italy and Spain that question..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-07-2020 07:49 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you ukcatfan !!!
Amen

MEL

Posts: 2793 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-07-2020 08:26 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
^^^^^^^^^ [Wink] ^^^^^^^

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123969 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-08-2020 10:19 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To follow up on ur "dems" can do no wrong" comment of

"What about the one McConnell put in for SUNSCREEN!"

Pelosi WAS the one who delayed the bill not McConnell which in fact delayed relief and hence killed people over her agenda and that of the left!

You can not shift that fact over to sunscreen and act like that is the answer!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com