TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Social distancing guidelines extended.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Social distancing guidelines extended.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-30-2020 09:50 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/03/30/coronavirus-latest-news/

So much for the churches being full on Easter Sunday. I believe this is a much more achievable time frame.

I don't like having to stay home for another month but my lawn should look good. My wife doesn’t have an excuse to not keep it in tip top shape. Meanwhile, I can monitor the activity from my recliner where I have a good view of the front yard.

Posts: 5383 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-30-2020 12:38 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I envy you. My wife balked when I asked her to rake the lawn, clean out the gutters, and mow.

I don't understand. Her plate is so light. She works full time as a professor, she cooks, cleans, does the laundry, does the groceries... surely she can add just a few more things to such an easy life?

Maybe I can have Mrs. Handycat talk to Mrs. Tiptree and give her a little encouragement...

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13600 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-30-2020 12:42 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well my wife has it easy so perhaps she can drive up ur way and take care of the yard and cleaning the houses. I'll mention it to her, once she starts talking to me again..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-30-2020 01:15 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip, do you beat your wife regularly? If you do, I don’t know what to suggest.

Wait, I can’t say things like that as they are not politically correct even when joking. Oh well, ban me for a while as punishment.

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 03-30-2020 03:28 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had a patient several years ago who was doing his wife's usual housework and cooking. She was ill, but not seriously ill. He was getting tired of the work he was doing for her. I told him I could write him a doctor's excuse that he should not do that work any more, but his insurance would not cover it, and it would cost $200. He knew I was joking, but he said "let me get my wallet".
Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 03-30-2020 04:32 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When is this supposed to end? My wife keeps knocking on the door trying to get back in the house!

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2238 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-30-2020 04:49 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dr Clyde, I wish you would have been our doctor when my wife broke her ankle. She kept me just jumping for a couple of months and I sure could have used a doctors excuse.

Ga Cat, I hope you at least let her live in the garden shed so she has a place to get out of the rain. No need to be cruel to her.

[ 03-30-2020, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-30-2020 06:04 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Tip, do you beat your wife regularly? If you do, I don’t know what to suggest.
Oh yes. I beat her in chess, I beat her in cards, I beat her to the dinner table... not sure what else I can do.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13600 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-30-2020 07:44 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In the 27 years we've lived at our house, my wife hasn't mowed our yard 1 time. We live on the base of a hill. Our yard is kind of steep, and she's afraid of the tractor. I use a 84" cut finish mower. That 165 Massey won't tip over very easy. I think she's just using that as an excuse not to mow our yard. It's taken me 27 years to figure this out? I must be a slo lerner! LOL

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123969 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 03-30-2020 07:47 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handy,
I usually won't write an excuse if I'm afraid of the wife.

Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-30-2020 08:04 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The wife and I have been practicing social distancing for 5-6 years now. I can't remember the last time she actually touched me. Hell, we sleep in a king sized bed with a dog sleeping in between us!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123969 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 03-31-2020 11:54 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can see right now you guys need to brush up on your "man-splaining".

You have to convince her that no matter how bad she thinks she's got it...you got it worse. Me and Mamma went over this a few years back.

She brought it up one day (again) so I said okay, just look around, you do all your work in a place that's clean, organized, cool in the summer, warm in the winter, big screen tv...with a remote!

I then walked her out to my shop (attached garage) and pointed out all the dust and dirt...the smell, tools laying everywhere, chemicals improperly stored, tripping hazards, electrical outlets overloaded, illegal extension cords, etc..this is what I deal with every day.

She told me that she was brought to a whole new realization...and never mentioned it again.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com