TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » For the TCD experts.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For the TCD experts.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-16-2020 06:54 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What do you all make of only 90 confirmed cases in Russia? Seems odd to me.
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 03-16-2020 07:51 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Honestly, I hope it's true, but the devil is in the details....unconfirmed cases. We can isolate and treat the ones we know about...that's why testing and surveillance are so important.

A couple weeks ago we had 15 confirmed case, today around 3500. At this pace over the same time period their 90 confirmed cases will be over 20,000.

[ 03-16-2020, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-16-2020 08:32 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
US is experiencing a doubling of cases every 2.5 days or so... more or less what most countries experienced. Here is the data:

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/infection-trajectory-flattening-the-covid19-curve/

Japan and Singapore have significantly longer doubling times. Singapore took drastic measures (no surprise there) and it paid off.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-16-2020 08:34 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IF you want to see how draconian some governments have become, I have a friend in Kiev, in Ukraine. The government has cut off all travel in and out of the city, and helicopters are dropping antiseptic liquids on the city.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 03-16-2020 09:40 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip:
quote:
IF you want to see how draconian some governments have become, I have a friend in Kiev, in Ukraine. The government has cut off all travel in and out of the city, and helicopters are dropping antiseptic liquids on the city.
Coming to America...not the dumping of mouthwash on everybody from helicopters...but widespread travel restrictions in and out of certain areas, including total lock downs...just around the corner.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-16-2020 10:51 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
San Francisco is under total lockdown. I could see NYC next.

I just hope my daughter can get on her flight Wednesday night and get back home. I would hate for her to be "sheltering in place" far away from home.

--------------------
Tiptree

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 03-17-2020 12:30 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That’s a tough one, Tip......hope things work out.

[ 03-18-2020, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 03-18-2020 01:44 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip,

How's your daughter doing? Coming home?

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-19-2020 11:09 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yep, picked her up this morning from the airport. Thanks for asking!

Whew! Good to have her back with us.

--------------------
Tiptree

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 03-19-2020 11:37 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good Deal!

--------------------

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 03-19-2020 11:54 AM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip,
I have a daughter who does much traveling. I know how you were feeling and now am happy for you and her.

Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com