TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Coronavirus (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Coronavirus
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-04-2020 05:04 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
Norm:

quote:
It wouldn't make a damn bit of difference what he does or doesn't do. The media and the usual crowd would condemn and blame him.
That comes with the territory no matter who is president.
Hmmmmm it didn't seem to come with the territory of Obama or Hilary and all of the things they deflected time after time.
And now Pelosi is wanting to start a inquiry into President Trump taking so long to get things going. Is she just a total idiot (yeah I know that is a dumb question) ?!?!? No one knew what was going to happen with this And I mean "No One" !!! Blaming someone for not starting things faster doesn't change a thing and to blame someone on something you or she or anyone else would have done any better is total BS !!! It is easy to go back a month or so later and say someone should have done something sooner or to say you would have done better if it had be you (not u MM) hind damn sight is so nice !!! Pelosi is just spending money and time on an agenda against the President which she has done since he was elected and not helping with the problem at hand !!!
Everyone doesn't have to like him but to keep blaming him for things that no one knew is crazy !!! Look at the Senators that sold stock (right after the meeting on corona virus) and I don't believe for a minute that they didn't know it was taking place... those 4 Reps and Dem should have resigned on the spot !!! But did they or Pelosi say we need to do this or that … if fact I think (if I remember correctly) President Trump stopped commercial flights to certain countries and he was criticized for acting to soon and being a racist.
Take a look at Gov Brown who got rid of all the necessary items California had when Gov Schwarzenegger had prepared for such a thing (not a virus per say but a catastrophe) after Katrina. And guess who needs those types of items right now (California) as well as the rest of the US !!!

This country is coming together (IMHO) now like we did after 911 !!! Put Pelosi and other politians keep attacking "THEIR" President without stopping instead of coming together like the people of this fine country !!! Time to empty the damn swamp and put in term limits !!! The people of this country aren't stupid and it is going to cost her and her cronies in the future if not already !!! She has an agenda and will not stop it to even help "us" (the people of this country) in a time of need !!!

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-04-2020 05:23 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MEL:
quote:
Hmmmmm it didn't seem to come with the territory of Obama
Don't think you want to go there, MEL....could be wrong though...whatever?

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-05-2020 06:56 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
clydeh:
quote:
I meant whether the "treatment was worse than the disease", considering all the effects on the economy. There are occasions in medical care where i think the "treatment is worse than the disease".
There's no way of knowing whether the "treatment is worse than the disease". Until we have a vaccine the only "treatment" is isolation and containment...that's it! Even this doesn't work without adequate testing, which we still aren't doing....any prolonged agony we endure is on us.

To send people back to work without having the virus under control would be like putting them in the water with a shark...it won't turn out good and most likely would ignite another wave of massive "hotspots"...back to square one.

hc:

quote:
I’m almost to the point of taking my chances and get on with life.
Hope you ain't serious, hc. That would literally be risking your life and the lives of your family and loved ones...don't want to do that my friend.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-05-2020 08:28 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
M&M, only about half serious, frustration talking more than anything else. Passing it along to others will stop me. It’s never been conclusively proven that I’m not immortal. But if I decide to say the hell with it, i’ll Be sure to look you up and give you a big sloppy kiss. 😀

Edited this to add a prediction. At some point in time Trump will have to recommend lifting restrictions and restart the country. When this happens, Nancy and friends will not only be critical but start impeachment proceedings.

[ 04-05-2020, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5405 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-05-2020 09:14 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc:

quote:
But if I decide to say the hell with it, i’ll Be sure to look you up and give you a big sloppy kiss.
[Frown]

quote:
Edited this to add a prediction. At some point in time Trump will have to recommend lifting restrictions and restart the country. When this happens, Nancy and friends will not only be critical but start impeachment proceedings.

That would be a huge mistake!

[ 04-05-2020, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-05-2020 09:24 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Impeachment proceedings or restart the country?
Posts: 5405 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-05-2020 09:41 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Both!

[ 04-05-2020, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com