TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Airplane Recliner

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Airplane Recliner
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-17-2020 10:48 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd like to hear you guy's opinion about the kerfuffle (big word) going on about that guy shaking (punching) the reclined seat back, of the woman in front of him? I can't say that I blame him a bit, but they will probably nail his butt to the wall. I honestly believe she was as much at fault as he was.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-17-2020 12:35 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Personally, I would've been thrown off that flight because I would've gotten up an slapped that dude right in the face.

With that said, they're both adults and should've been able to resolve the problem peacefully. But if the seat reclines and she wants to recline, I can't really fault the lady. And based on the videos I saw, the seat didn't really recline a who lot. He still could've used the trey while she was reclined.

[ 02-17-2020, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: PaulCat ]

Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-17-2020 01:09 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Strictly by the video the guy is acting like a pri*k. My guess...probably more to it than the video shows.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-17-2020 01:16 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen video evidence, but was reported by someone that she spilled his drink either while she was reclining her seat or just before she reclined it!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-17-2020 01:58 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just got off the plane from Indy to LA. I had heard about this, but I had to google to see what actually happened.

The guy must not have flown before to get his dander up like that. Flying is NOT comfortable, and he did his best to make life miserable for that lady.

A couple of observations. First off, those seats barely recline these days. They pack the rows so tightly together, they cannot let them go back much.

Secondly, his drink would only spill if it was some super-sized thing. The little cups they give you on the plane would never be affected by the reclining seat back.

She is perfectly within her rights to recline the seat... it really doesn't cause much (extra) discomfort. He WAS being a ***** . The only question is what else did the lady do to get him so riled up? And why in the hell didn't the cabin crew intervene????

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13624 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 02-17-2020 03:14 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My thoughts are they both likely share the blame. He acted like a toddler with the whole hitting the seat routine, but let's all be honest: anyone who's flown before knows every inch of legroom is valuable. If you want to recline, fine...but at least respect the passenger behind you by letting them know you're coming back. Better yet, ask permission. I know, I know, she's not required to do so...but it's a common courtesy, imho.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-17-2020 03:44 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have been given this information from one of my CIA source’s which I am unable to divulge due to National Security.

She is a Bernie Sanders supporters and is suing for free 1st class seating for all passengers anywhere in the world as her rights have obviously been violated.

He is an ardent Trump supporter. The President will be on Twitter later to show his support and get Bill Barr involved on his behalf if she goes forward with this law suit created by the Fake News.

Meanwhile, the entire Democratic Party is planning a National Investigation into this heinous crime against passengers forced to fly economy because of oppressive Conservative policies.

Posts: 5405 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 02-17-2020 06:37 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HC … did OAC get involved to shut down all future flights and ground airplanes forever ???

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-17-2020 06:47 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mel, I’ll get back to you as soon as I figure out what a OAC is. I’m guessing some kind of tree but I need to be sure before commenting.
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 02-17-2020 07:15 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LMAO … Representative from NY.

She is the one that said we need to get rid of cows too because their farts cause global warming by damaging the atmosphere !!! She has totally lost it and insane !!!

MEL

[ 02-17-2020, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: MEL ]

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-17-2020 09:24 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CFIY,

Reclining the seat doesn't diminish the leg room behind it much (thank God!). I am fairly large (6'3" and 225lbs), and my knees notice no additional compression. But it does make it harder to do two things:

1. Get up and get out of your seat.
2. Use a laptop on the meal tray.

Some planes (the Airbus 321 I flew on this morning) have meal trays that slide toward you, making it easy to use your laptop even when the seat is reclined.

Really, reclining your seat shouldn't be such a big deal. The guy needs to check his meds before he flies again.

[ 02-17-2020, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13624 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-17-2020 10:06 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They are both to blame. Personally, I think it is rude to recline your seat. That being said, you can't act the way he did either.

[ 02-17-2020, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 02-17-2020 10:27 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MEL:
LMAO … Representative from NY.

She is the one that said we need to get rid of cows too because their farts cause global warming by damaging the atmosphere !!! She has totally lost it and insane !!!

MEL

Mmmmm, I think you meant AOC.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 02-17-2020 11:01 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess I am I try not and think about her !!! LMAO

MEL

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-18-2020 06:56 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What I really think. Why in the world is this all over the news? National news channels, local news, social media etc etc. Is this what really passes for news for us now? Three people died in a tragic fire near us recently. Anybody other than us locals hear about that? Maybe if their cat had died it would have made the national News.

It makes me realize how much the news media influence’s the way we think and what we think about.

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-18-2020 08:07 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc:
quote:
Why in the world is this all over the news?
Good point! Norm's fault...I hadn't heard anything about it until Norm brought it up. [Smile]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 02-18-2020 10:21 AM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
CFIY,

Reclining the seat doesn't diminish the leg room behind it much (thank God!). I am fairly large (6'3" and 225lbs), and my knees notice no additional compression. But it does make it harder to do two things:

1. Get up and get out of your seat.
2. Use a laptop on the meal tray.

Some planes (the Airbus 321 I flew on this morning) have meal trays that slide toward you, making it easy to use your laptop even when the seat is reclined.

Really, reclining your seat shouldn't be such a big deal. The guy needs to check his meds before he flies again.

You fly much more than me, but I can say from experience those sliding meal trays don't work well if you're a rotund fellow, like myself. Even all the way collapsed, it's still touching or dang near touching my belly. I can't imagine if someone reclined when I had my tray down, it'd bruise my liver!

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com