TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Two constitutions?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Two constitutions?
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-14-2020 05:44 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is a very thought-provoking piece. I would love to hear all thoughts relating to the arguments being made in it:

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/roots-partisan-divide

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13596 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-14-2020 07:11 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Very interesting perspective. IMO, no way is it as clearly divided as the author makes it seem.

However, if I’m forced to take a position based on the premise presented here, I would say the sky is falling.

Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-14-2020 08:55 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This was really hard for me to read. Why? Because it made me think of all the things, all of them, that have intensely pissed me off over the last several years. It is topped off with the fact that we have an avowed communist and a homosexual man leading the pack in the liberal party. By the way; why do they call themselves "progressive"? There is nothing progressive about them. They are simply trying to set up a government system that puts all power in their own hands and taking it away from we the people, that are supposed to be governing ourselves. They want to eliminate the idea of the government working for us, instead of the other way around.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36266 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-14-2020 08:56 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry about the rant.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 02-15-2020 05:31 AM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Old Norm:
This was really hard for me to read. Why? Because it made me think of all the things, all of them, that have intensely pissed me off over the last several years. It is topped off with the fact that we have an avowed communist and a homosexual man leading the pack in the liberal party. By the way; why do they call themselves "progressive"? There is nothing progressive about them. They are simply trying to set up a government system that puts all power in their own hands and taking it away from we the people, that are supposed to be governing ourselves. They want to eliminate the idea of the government working for us, instead of the other way around.

--------------------
american by birth-----wildcat by choice --- if you not the lead cat---your view never changes

Posts: 1023 | From: breathitt co-----lost in eldorado | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 02-15-2020 05:32 AM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
amen----norm

--------------------
american by birth-----wildcat by choice --- if you not the lead cat---your view never changes

Posts: 1023 | From: breathitt co-----lost in eldorado | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-15-2020 10:20 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He makes some points I agree with ( i.e. political correctness, affirmative action), but his overall assumption that somehow granting equal rights to disenfranchised minorities spiraled into an out-of-control, liberal, and evil "constitution" that stomps on the rights of the majority (in this case whites) is well, kinda hard for me to wrap my brain around.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-16-2020 11:35 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm:
quote:
we have an avowed communist and a homosexual man leading the pack in the liberal party.
Buttigieg will not get the nomination. No democrat will win the nomination without strong support from the black voter....he don't even move the needle with blacks. Besides, the country is not ready for a gay president....I know I'm not.

Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against gay people (I've heard it said that every extended family has at least one gay member).

I don't approve of it...don't think it's right...don't like looking at it, but it ain't none of my business how someone decides to live their life....unless they're running for POTUS...then, it is my business.

Bernie Sanders, presumably the communist you referenced, is way too far left...too liberal.

How do I know this? When my life-long social worker and devout liberal wife says someone is too much...they is too much...and I agree.

[ 02-16-2020, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 02-16-2020 12:35 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM we agree on something !!! [Smile]
I am with you on both those topics.
I will never understand anyone wanting for the US to go communist or anything other than democracy … the others do not work … you can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig !!!

We all know nothing is free … someone has to pay for it. College professors like Warren and others that make well north of $200,000 a year are one of the many reasons college tuition is so high. When I went to college my tuition was $20 an hour or about $320 a semester. I know things have gone way up since then but not that much. We don't need free college educations we need responsible people taking care of the money the students pay to go to college as well as the money we pay as tax payers. I am also one that thinks you don't have to have a college education to be successful but it does help in lots of ways if that is what you want to do. Their are welders, mine workers, plumbers and so forth that don't have college educations that are very successful and probably make a lot more money than I did as a teacher but what happens if they get hurt bad and can't do that job anymore ??? That is where an education may help them. I always told my students I have nothing against waitresses or janitors but if they want my job they have to have an education, if I want to be what they are I just go and do it. I do want to thank all of those people that didn't get a college education that help me out everyday with whatever it is they do.

MEL

[ 02-16-2020, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: MEL ]

Posts: 2791 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-16-2020 01:24 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MEL:
quote:
MM we agree on something !!!
Good!.....every little bit helps. [Smile]

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-16-2020 01:59 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MEL,

I just read your entire post...sorry, I do that a lot...skim from here to there.

What did you teach? Where?

[ 02-16-2020, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 02-16-2020 03:13 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Coached HS volleyball in NM for 30 years and 4 in Texas. Taught everything from NM History, PE, Driver's Ed, World Geography and Government.

Grad asst coach when Dana Altman (Univ of Oregon bkb coach) played college ball in NM.

MEL

Posts: 2791 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-16-2020 04:33 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Got into girls volleyball a few years back when a friends granddaughter played. She was very good and went on to get a D1 scholarship. I really enjoyed her 4 years and continued to follow it for a couple of years after she left. Great sport. Not sure why I stopped going.
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-16-2020 05:42 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
Got into girls volleyball a few years back when a friends granddaughter played. She was very good and went on to get a D1 scholarship. I really enjoyed her 4 years and continued to follow it for a couple of years after she left. Great sport. Not sure why I stopped going.

Because they started wearing longer shorts?

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-16-2020 08:00 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Noooorm!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-16-2020 10:11 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-17-2020 06:26 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My wife insinuated that was why I got interested in the game.

But seriously, I really saw no need for them to wear shorts that short and tight. They all spent half their time tugging on their outfit.

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-17-2020 12:58 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Beach Volleyball is a great sport!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-17-2020 01:14 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hard to get much advertising on their uniforms, though! [Big Grin] [Eek!]

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123969 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-17-2020 01:59 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MH, they sure can pack a lot of fine print on those little bikinis, but you have to get real close to see it. [Smile]

[ 02-17-2020, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-17-2020 02:23 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip:
quote:
they sure can pack a lot of fine print on those little bikinis, but you have to get real close to see it.
Keep going....please! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-17-2020 04:27 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Take it easy Tip. I think you are about to get an old man (not me) all worked up!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-17-2020 11:22 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it was the “get real close to see it” part. [Smile]

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com