TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » IT’S HAPPENED!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IT’S HAPPENED!
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 01-03-2020 06:40 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IRAN! Guys, I’m not opposed to Trump ordering the killing of that murderous, terrorist SOB, but I truly worry about what lies ahead. Iran now has the ball|...???

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-03-2020 06:43 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mr Trump has already informed Iran that, "If you retaliate, so will we." I, for one, don't think he is B.S.ing them.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 01-03-2020 09:10 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I approve of the strike to take that guy out. Iran is pretty loose-cannon though. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out over the next week or so.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-03-2020 10:30 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My guess is that Iran will gradually ramp up these six options:

(1) Unleash Hezbollah (which is the de-facto power in Lebanon) upon Israel to engage one lethal power

(2) Turn all of the Iran-backed Shia militias in Iraq loose to raise mayhem there. Some attacks will be against US targets, most will be against Iraqis. The strategy will be to further enlarge the already huge split between Iraq and the US.

(3) Sink a tanker or two in the Straits of Hormuz, with the intention of luring a US warship into range for a missile swarm attack. Sinking a US warship will be sweet revenge.

(4) Activate some sleeper cells in the US. Expect some ugliness here.

(5) Threaten to use their missile arsenal to devastate the refineries in Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and other gulf states if the US attacks their refineries.

(6) Engage in serious cyber-warfare against the US and our allies (if we have any at the time). Iran is believed to have deep expertise in this area.

The question is what will Trump do as the whole Middle East melts down? Iran cannot seriously harm the US homeland outside of cyber attacks, and cannot defeat us militarily unless we are foolish enough to try to invade them. Geographically, Iran is a virtual fortress, and invasion would mobilize the population against us. It will be a never-ending guerrilla war.

Our best response if Iran goes full-out in retaliation would be to destroy their nuclear sites and missile sites. If that is not enough, then we could take out the three refineries in Iran; this is all that is left of their crippled economy. If that STILL isn't enough, our options are pretty limited. Perhaps a decapitation strike to further cripple their leadership? Instill an uprising in the sizable Kurd population in NW Iran? Form an alliance with Turkey and Russia to clear all Iranian influence out of Syria, Lebanon, and Iraq?

Scary times. Strap it on tight.

[ 01-03-2020, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-04-2020 06:58 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boots on the ground takes on a whole new meaning when you have skin in the game. I pray for our military and the American people in general. I’m not smart enough to know if this should or should not have been done but if anybody thinks this is the end of it they’re a damn fool. It’s just begun.

[ 01-04-2020, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 01-04-2020 09:50 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Doesn't get much bigger than assassinating what essentially amounts to the VP of another country.

hc:

quote:
if anybody thinks this is the end of it they’re a damn fool. It’s just begun.
Tiptree:

quote:
Scary times. Strap it on tight.
Yep and yep!

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com