TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Why be crude and hateful to a stranger?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why be crude and hateful to a stranger?
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-24-2019 08:16 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This actually happened yesterday, in Georgetown, KY. This is a true story, my hand to God.

I was driving on a road and pulled up on a camper that was draped with banners and flags. Banners said Trump 2020 and "All Aboard The Trump Train". It had several large American flags flying and a few Trump flags with his face on it with 2020 as well.

As I drove behind him, he pulled off onto the same road that I was headed. There were two older women in an older vehicle that stopped at the intersection and the driver rolled down her window, extended her arm out, and gave him the middle finger with all the gusto a 60 plus year old woman could do.

I couldn't help myself. I stopped right next to her, rolled my window down, and asked: Did you just flip that guy off? She said: Yeah, so what!!! I replied: Lady, you should get some love in your heart, instead of all that hate. Then, I drove off.

Why was that woman overcome with so much emotion that she felt the need to flip him off. He was driving that motor home with all the banners and flags on it, he wasn't yelling at her or being mean to her.

What do any of you think about this? Do you think this woman would have done this, if the news media was like the 70s and actually did the news with no political agenda or the incessant attacks on Trump? Or, will there always be people like this, no matter what?

Also, was I an ass for stopping and saying something to her? I didn't raise my voice or use a mean tone. But, her actions disturbed me.

Yes, I am an ass, but I am asking about this particular incident.

PS: I took a pic of it. If this site would allow the uploading of pics, I would post it. But, it seems everything has to have a link.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-24-2019 11:19 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have a 59YO daughter that hates him that much. I asked her why and all she could come up with was the "I could grab" statement somebody taped him saying. I told her, "He said that. Bill Clinton did it." To which she practically screamed, "I'M NOT DEFENDING BILL CLINTON!!!" I replied, "You voted for his wife." She wouldn't speak to me for a couple of weeks. I agree with you. It makes no sense. It does make me sad though.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36266 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 08-24-2019 01:29 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The hate toward Trump is almost unbelievable until we consider why.!

The politicians hate him because he has upset the "political" environment by not getting rich as President and it hurts them in their rags to riches stories. Not to mention that congress has accomplished very little in the past 20 yrs.

The media hate him because he calls a "spade a spade" and they cant stand it not been coddled to and him not afraid to call them fake news and that s exactly what they are.

Fox news is the "only" news channel that will give both sides of the story..

(as an aside CNN has hired clapper/Brennen and now McCabe as "cnn reporters and analysist..)

The left is very very VOCAL and the news people love that...

I could list what all Trump has accomplished in this three yrs DESPITE the "non reporting" (other than bad stuff) but all on here know them.

[ 08-24-2019, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 08-25-2019 05:18 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You know, Trump has done some things to allow people to not like him. But does that mean his foes should act the way they do? Hell no! They're worse than him - a bunch of hypocrites - for acting the way they do.

There are people that I really don't care for, but never in a million years would I act like these anti-Trump folk.

Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-25-2019 10:32 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed.
quote:

I could list what all Trump has accomplished in this three yrs....but all on here know them.

I know some of them, but I'm not sure I know them all...would you mind listing them?

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 08-26-2019 09:49 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM goggle "trump's accomplishments". You don't give up do u?

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-26-2019 10:15 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Found them!...thanks!

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-26-2019 02:45 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed:
quote:
You don't give up do u?
No, I do not! I love fact checking!...especially on rainy days.

--------------------

CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 08-28-2019 11:14 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know some may disagree, but to my perspective, it's the leftist Trump haters who are the aggressive and often violent majority. Sure, there are a handful on both sides who have violent tendencies, but the vast majority of attacks on people based solely on their political views must be left attacking right. I won't call them Democrats, because I don't truly believe that's what the Democrat party stands for, but they're truly radical leftists. It would be nice if some Dems in power would come out and condemn these attacks, but it's not happening. Assaults and batteries on Trump supporters, attacks against police, even an attempted firebombing of an ICE facility recently by a guy quoting AOC...but yet none of the elected democrat officials will speak out against it. Actually, quite the opposite. Maxine Waters encourages the lefties to "push back" every time they run into a conservative in public.

I've only been alive 42 years, but I've never seen things like they are now, and frankly I'm not sure where the tipping point is. How long do those of us in the flyover states allow the coastal elitists push us around, literally? What's it going to take for the gun owners of Red America to lock 'n load and resolve the issue the only way we've got left?

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com