TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Lost a Friend

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lost a Friend
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-14-2019 12:15 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We lost one of our coffee drinking buddies last week. He was not quite 80 yet, and was a yellow dog democrat, meaning he'd vote for a yellow dog if it ran for office on the democrat ticket. He was a special guy though. We could sit and have heated arguments about politics and still part as good friends. He was retired from Illinois Central Railroad, and raced motorcycles when he was younger. He still rode one to the restaurant when the weather permitted. His blood pressure dropped way down, and when he went to the hospital, about a week later, he had to have gall bladder surgery and never recovered from it. They almost lost him on the operating table, but he made it about two more weeks. His name was Billy Lane Menser, and I, along with the other coffee drinkers, miss him a lot.

[ 08-14-2019, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-14-2019 02:24 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I’m very sorry to hear that Norm. Sometimes losing a close friend is as bad as losing a family member.

Like you, I have friends that are on the opposite side of the political fence. I honestly don’t understand folks who dislike or even hate those who have different political views than they do.

Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-14-2019 02:45 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yep.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 08-15-2019 06:14 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry about your loss, Norm.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-15-2019 09:56 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is a blessing to be able to live a long life. The longer a person lives, the more deaths of friends and family that a person has to endure.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 08-15-2019 01:19 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear that, Norm. Good buddies are hard to come by, even if they are democrats! Will be sure to remember you and Mr. Menser's friends and family during this time.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-15-2019 02:08 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's hard to lose a friend especially when you see him most everyday. God bless him and know he is in a better place.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 08-15-2019 02:55 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is hard Norm as it just shows how little time we really have in this world. My friends and colleagues who I worked with and served with both overseas and here in the states are starting to dwindle..It certainly feels odd that our time here draws shorter with each passing day.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 08-18-2019 07:32 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear about your friend, Norm. I eat breakfast with about 8 other guys and we will one day face this situation. Definitely not looking forward to it.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 08-18-2019 09:12 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear about that.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11532 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 08-18-2019 10:46 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just prayed for you and your friends.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com