TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Health care for all

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Health care for all
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 07-31-2019 01:26 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dems complaint about health care in the U.S. how bad it is etc etc etc. Same health care that is known as "Obama care" passed by dems using a nucleur vote option..

How funny it is now Trumps's health care...

Their solution -

Govt take over health care in the form of medicare and everyone legal or illegal gets it.

Cost 200 T

Survey taken by over 100 hospitals stated if that were the case. They would close their doors.

Dems cant even collect garbage at the local level and they are going to run (in the ground) health care!

Are these people real?

[ 07-31-2019, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 07-31-2019 01:42 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I’m not in favor of any government run health care with the exception of our present Medicare which we paid into and continue to pay. That includes Obama care, the ridiculous programs the democrats are proposing and the Republican replacement program for Obama care.

I suppose I should add veteran medical care to the ok list.

[ 07-31-2019, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5405 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-31-2019 02:22 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I retired from the Air Force 42 years ago on May 1st. I have very few, if any complaints, about the medical care I have received since then. For the first 27years, we used the hospital at Fort Campbell. Then I turned 65 and went on Medicare and Tricare and started using civilian doctors. Maybe if I had used the VA, things wouldn't have been so rosy.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 07-31-2019 02:31 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed:
quote:
Dems complaint about health care in the U.S. how bad it is etc etc etc. Same health care that is known as "Obama care" passed by dems using a nucleur vote option..

Not quite the same...Trump has torpedoed Obamacare from the get go and currently has a lawsuit to declare the entire law unconstitutional.

It was passed via the nuclear option, but only after republicans amended the bill over 600 times, and, still, not a single republican voted for it.

quote:

Govt take over health care in the form of medicare and everyone legal or illegal gets it.

Not true....unless you have evidence I haven't seen.

quote:

Survey taken by over 100 hospitals stated if that were the case. They would close their doors.

Did you mean 1000 hospitals?

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 07-31-2019 03:47 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]

Not true....unless you have evidence I haven't seen. QUOTE]

M&M, Not to speak for ukcatfan, but I take that as one of the ridiculous proposals of some Democratic candidates.

[ 07-31-2019, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 07-31-2019 05:07 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Dems complaint about health care in the U.S. how bad it is etc etc etc. Same health care that is known as "Obama care" passed by dems using a nucleur vote option..

Not quite the same...Trump has torpedoed Obamacare from the get go and currently has a lawsuit to declare the entire law unconstitutional.

It was passed via the nuclear option, but only after republicans amended the bill over 600 times, and, still, not a single republican voted for it."

It is still health care of the land is it not?

Still true statement - dems passed it using nuclear option!
/////////////////////////////////////////////

Not true....unless you have evidence I haven't seen.

listen to the dem candidates during the debates and other interviews!
/////////////////////////////////////////

I heard one of the dem candidates say "100" that he had personally interviewed the ceo's..
////////////////////////////////////////////////

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 07-31-2019 09:36 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc:
quote:
M&M, Not to speak for ukcatfan, but I take that as one of the ridiculous proposals of some Democratic candidates.

I haven't watched the first minute of the democrat debates. If, indeed, a candidate has proposed free healthcare for illegals then I must agree with you and apologize to Ed.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 08-01-2019 12:41 AM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
hc:
quote:

I haven't watched the first minute of the democrat debates. If, indeed, a candidate has proposed free healthcare for illegals then I must agree with you and apologize to Ed.
Not only did one candidate propose it, but every.single.one. of them raised their hands when asked if they would support it were they to be elected to POTUS.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-01-2019 06:22 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CFIY:
quote:
Not only did one candidate propose it, but every.single.one. of them raised their hands when asked if they would support it were they to be elected to POTUS.
I researched it and saw that very same clip. This is total BS and ain't going to fly too well, imo.

Another thing...Ed, I apologize, sir..The dems are bat-sh!t crazy on this issue!

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 08-01-2019 08:20 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
no prb mm tks- the dems agenda is so far left that they will lose 2020 in a bigger landslide than 2016!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 08-01-2019 08:27 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wonder how much free healthcare for all would damage this country. I've been unemployed since the end of May with company-paid COBRA until September. I haven't been looking real hard because i really don't need to, yet it's looking like i'll start a new job in the next few weeks (hopefully the first week of September).

With that said - if healthcare was free, i would probably milk unemployment until it ran out (around December) and then go find a part-time job. I think free healthcare would cause a spike in unemployment. Not sure how high of a spike, but it could be damaging.

Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
CatfanRick
Administrator
Member # 126

posted 08-01-2019 08:39 AM      Profile for CatfanRick   Email CatfanRick   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Folks, this is just me, but it has been my experience in life that nothing in this world is free. Play it any way you want to, those offering something for free are just using a marketing ploy to get from you what they want or need...VOTES.
Posts: 7201 | From: Florence, Ky | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-01-2019 09:20 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Play it any way you want to, those offering something for free are just using a marketing ploy to get from you what they want or need...VOTES.

Very true. If we start giving free medical care for illegal’s, it will cost us taxpayers very little if anything. They go to the emergency room now, get treated, and we as taxpayers pay.

I’m with Trump on this, the answer is to never let them in in the first place and kick out the illegal’s here now.I think i’m pretty moderate but IMO, that is the only way to solve the immigration problem.

[ 08-01-2019, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 08-01-2019 11:28 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trump should call McConnel in and TELL him to bring a vote to the floor and VOTE (using the nuclear option if necessary and STOP the immigration problem.

This is sick and it is the place of congress to stop it not Trump!!!!

fuc%^%^% politicians!!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-01-2019 12:58 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed:
quote:
Trump should call McConnel in and TELL him to bring a vote to the floor and VOTE (using the nuclear option if necessary and STOP the immigration problem.
I'm sure McConnell would be happy to if they had something to vote on.

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-01-2019 01:15 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I could write "something to vote on" in short order:
1. No government handouts of any kind to ANYONE here illegally.
2. Vote.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 08-01-2019 03:58 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
of course MM -assume u think that everything has to be spelled out for the folks on tcd to understand!

It was just THE final course of action that NEEDS to be done NOW!

If you don't know the procedure as to how it is done perhaps u should just goggle it?

[ 08-01-2019, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-02-2019 08:04 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed:
quote:
of course MM -assume u think that everything has to be spelled out for the folks on tcd to understand!

If you don't know the procedure as to how it is done perhaps u should just goggle it?

If you would kindly explain to me what you're talking about I would be happy to "google it".

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 08-02-2019 10:03 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM Don't you get tired of playing the I don't know what you are talking about" role.. If you don't know forget it!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-02-2019 10:42 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This response I understood perfectly and actually agree with it to a large degree.

Norm:
quote:
I could write "something to vote on" in short order:
1. No government handouts of any kind to ANYONE here illegally.
2. Vote.

This response:

Ed.

quote:

Well, I need some help with this one...I would appreciate it, but I do understand if it's too much trouble.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com