TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Tired of politically correct commercials.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tired of politically correct commercials.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 07-11-2019 09:43 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Has anyone else noticed how many commercials have gay couples and interracial couples in them? It seems to me the number of these advertisements are completely disproportionate to what exists in our society. Starting to grate on my last nerve.

I have gay people and interracial couples in my family and I love them as much as other family members. It just seems to me like these companies are trying to one up each other with political correctness. Enough already!

Posts: 5407 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 07-11-2019 10:10 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree Handy, I have been complaining about these TV commercials to myself for over a year now. It seems that all corporate sponsors have to have at least one black, one white, one hispanic etc in all their commercials anymore. I have no problem with diversity but TV commercials get on my nerves anymore because of the way they present them cast wise.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 07-11-2019 10:32 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's all about the $$$$$.

Seems to me like there are more commercials about female hygiene products than anything else...never realized those things took so much maintenance [Confused]

[ 07-11-2019, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-11-2019 10:50 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The one that bugs me most is a boner commercial. The guy brags about how well the stuff works, then another older guy shows up. The first one proclaims, with his arm around the dude, that not everybody has a doctor in the house. And no commercial is complete without the obligatory mixed race couple. Straight white people are being discriminated against.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 07-11-2019 03:27 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is very noticeable. I often count the number of white men in commercials. Needless to say, I don't have to count too high.

Our society is trying to say that being gay or transgender is normal. It is NOT normal. And it's getting way out of hand.

Posts: 10346 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 07-11-2019 03:48 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Guys, It's about the money...they will show what sells. Corporations don't have anything against white men. Hell, most of them are run by white men.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 07-11-2019 04:08 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
M&M, I really don’t give a sh@t what it’s about. I don’t want to see two men kissing on my TV!
Posts: 5407 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 07-11-2019 04:51 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Makes me gag too hc, but apparently we are in the minority.

Let me rephrase that. Apparently we are in the minority who the advertiser cares about.

[ 07-11-2019, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 07-11-2019 06:33 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we are in the minority of whom these advertisers are trying to sell their products too, our country is in trouble and the progressive movement is winning.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 07-12-2019 09:07 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just as a point of reference, I was sitting in a restaurant in New York city last night. It was a muggy, rainy evening, but as always, the streets were full. Ninth Avenue in the "Hell's Kitchen" area of Manhattan is jam-packed with great little restaurants -- hundreds and hundreds of them. I was sitting at a counter looking out the window, and 80% of the 'couples' were men.

New York just finished their "Pride Day" parade, and it took 12 hours for it to complete. Twelve hours of gays, lesbians, transvestites, all half-dressed and doing obscene things as they "parade" (maybe "cavort" is a better term?) through the streets of Manhattan. Hotels replaced flags with the rainbow flag. Restaurants vie to be more "gay friendly".

The same is true for other big cities I have spent time in. San Francisco (of course). LA. Austin, TX. And, since the majority of our population is in those urban areas, this is the norm for most people in America.

We live in a part of the country where it is still "odd" to see men kissing, but our numbers are small compared to the hundreds of millions of city-dwellers who have come to accept not only men kissing, but open salaciousness and even demeaning remarks against heterosexuals.

Sodom and Gomorrah had nothing on America's cities.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 07-12-2019 11:34 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

We live in a part of the country where it is still "odd" to see men kissing,

And that's where I intend to stay!

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com