TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Another reason to boycott Nike.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another reason to boycott Nike.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 07-02-2019 12:46 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27102136/kaepernick-moves-nike-pull-flag-shoe
Posts: 10334 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 07-02-2019 12:58 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I own nothing with the Nike Logo on it and never will. I used to be a big supporter of Nike but no more, they are giving this man far too much credit for doing absolutely nothing. What did Betsy Ross do other than sew a flag that is offensive to anyone in the country, regardless of race, color or national origin. Nike are making some very stupid decisions business wise that will hurt them down the road. I switched to Adidas several years ago, love their athletic merchandise tnd find them to be much cheaper for quality merchandise than Nike.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 07-02-2019 01:14 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
New Balance for me...have never liked Nike.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 07-02-2019 01:28 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Link

Arizona Governor has had enough of Nike.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 07-02-2019 01:55 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Until today I owned one pr of New Balance and an old pair of Nikes. I’m now Strictly a New Balance man.

Bull **** at it’s finest.

[ 07-02-2019, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5389 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 07-02-2019 02:02 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This was a business decision plain and simple. Kaepernick made it an issue and Nike responded to their market....Capitalism is not without flaw.

I don't buy Nike shoes because, well, I just don't like the fit...that's it...nothing personal.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 07-02-2019 07:21 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I see the Nike spike in sales a temporary thing in the US and it will hurt their sales in the US, long term.

As for sales in places like communist China, any company that is anti US, will probably give them good will with Chines buyers, but they won't pay the US prices for the products.

Would be nice to see big money donor's of college programs make the universities switch brands.

[ 07-02-2019, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 07-03-2019 09:56 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So I assume that Kap does not wear cotton clothing either based upon this logic. Nike better stop using cotton in their clothing.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11562 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com