TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Dem debate

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dem debate
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 06-28-2019 03:13 PM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did anyone watch any of that cluster f..k of a debate the last two nights.

Each one was trying to outdo the other promising give-away stuff without any plausible plan of how to pay for it.

The only thing they agreed on was their hatred of Trump. He must be dancing his happy dance right now.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 06-29-2019 12:40 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think their debate was the best thing that could happen for Trump's reelection bid. What a group of left wing nuts they had on those stages. Wanting to make sure that illegal immigrants have free health insurance is unbelievable. Take care of our own citizens before we worry about these illegals.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-29-2019 01:39 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Wanting to make sure that illegal immigrants have free health insurance is unbelievable. Take care of our own citizens before we worry about these illegals.
That is f***ked up!....44 million Americans with
NO health insurance, another 38 million with inadequate insurance...I agree, we need to take care of our own.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 06-29-2019 02:54 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wonder how many of the 44 million are unemployed. I don't really have any sympathy for unemployed people without health care.
Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-29-2019 03:12 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PC
quote:
I wonder how many of the 44 million are unemployed. I don't really have any sympathy for unemployed people without health care.
What's that got to do with getting sick?

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 06-29-2019 10:00 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It never ceases to amaze me that so many of the people who can’t afford healthcare can somehow afford cell phones, cigarettes and numerous tattoos.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-30-2019 07:16 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To be clear, I'm not at all in favor of giving illegal's free healthcare, but another amazing fact is that 62% of all bankruptcies are medical bills and 78% of those had some form of medical insurance. It's American citizens that are suffering, not illegal immigrants.

[ 06-30-2019, 07:17 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 06-30-2019 08:49 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If anyone want to get their panties in a twist about health care, just remember that Congress has no intention of making health care affordable to Americans. Big pharma pays out a lot of money to congress to be able to keep their profit margins fat.

There are many restrictive laws on the books that are anti consumer and favor the pharmacutical companies and the insurance companies.

Politicians don't care if anyone lives or dies. They care about getting re elected, amassing more wealth, and obtaining and keeping power.

The majority of US politicians gain their wealth after getting into office.

State run health care will be a disaster and will tear the country apart.

The Obama care dream was built on lies. All it did was screw over the middle class and raise the national debt.

It makes me wonder why anyone in the middle class would ever vote democrat again. Everything the dems do puts a burden on the middle class and gives free **** to the poor who don't have to work for it. Now, the dems say that it is the American people's responsibility to pay for health care for illegals, while the middle class has to work and pay for their own. Why in the hell should any American be forced to pay for anyone's health care, other than their own?

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-30-2019 09:14 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And do not say it is "compassion". If there was one iota of compassion in any of them, they would not advocate the killing of babies before they are born.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 06-30-2019 10:01 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I did not watch the debates but did see many of the clips and the news associated with this debacle. With a couple of exceptions, they make Obama look like a hard core conservative.

I do not hate Democrat’s or liberals nor do I think i’m more intelligent than them. I just disagree with most of their policies.

Despite what the poles indicate and the dislike/hatred of the majority of the population of Trump, I think he will win re-election in 2020 with relative ease. I just don’ believe the majority of Americans are ready to move this for to the left.

[ 06-30-2019, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 06-30-2019 10:32 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
PC
quote:
What's that got to do with getting sick?
It has nothing to do with getting sick. It has everything to do with not working and having company-sponsored healthcare like many responsible Americans.

You said 44 million have NO health insurance. I was just wondering how many of them could get a job that offers healthcare.

Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-30-2019 11:03 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
It has nothing to do with getting sick. It has everything to do with not working and having company-sponsored healthcare like many responsible Americans.
You do know that company-sponsored insurance is subsidized by the government?

quote:
You said 44 million have NO health insurance. I was just wondering how many of them could get a job that offers healthcare.

I don't know, but I doubt it would be anywhere near 44 million.

I don't look at healthcare as a "left" or "right" issue, I look at it as a right to health and life rather you're rich or poor.

[ 06-30-2019, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 06-30-2019 04:48 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
quote:
You do know that company-sponsored insurance is subsidized by the government?

quote:

I don't know, but I doubt it would be anywhere near 44 million.

I don't look at healthcare as a "left" or "right" issue, I look at it as a right to health and life rather you're rich or poor.

That is the problem withe some peoples outlook. Nobody has a right to anything for free. That free mentality is BS and it needs to stop. You work or you don't eat. America needs to quit giving handouts. Yes, there are those that are disabled, but more often than not, there are people living off of handouts that should be working and paying their own way.

No sir, free health care is not a right. Having food on your table is not a right. We as a country need to get those damn liberals out of the education system and start teaching kids that they need to be self sufficient and that nobody owes them a damn thing. They have to work to stay alive.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 07-01-2019 01:47 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
No sir, free health care is not a right.
People want affordable with reasonable coverage...what's so damn hard about that?!

--------------------

CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 07-01-2019 05:02 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's a difference between 'affordable and reasonable' and the idea that healthcare is a right. I agree with the former, strongly disagree with the latter. Health care, at least insurance in some form, should be affordable and reasonable. A middle class family shouldn't be paying 40% of their income for insurance, then adding more money to deductibles and co-pays if something happens. However, health care (or any service, for that matter) is not a 'right'. Any service that is provided by another person cannot be mandated for us to receive for free...that's slavery. I have zero rights to a service rendered by you without offering fair compensation.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 07-01-2019 06:16 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

There's a difference between 'affordable and reasonable' and the idea that healthcare is a right. I agree with the former, strongly disagree with the latter. Health care, at least insurance in some form, should be affordable and reasonable. A middle class family shouldn't be paying 40% of their income for insurance, then adding more money to deductibles and co-pays if something happens. However, health care (or any service, for that matter) is not a 'right'. Any service that is provided by another person cannot be mandated for us to receive for free...that's slavery. I have zero rights to a service rendered by you without offering fair compensation.

Well said. I completely agree.

[ 07-01-2019, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 07-02-2019 12:11 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree also.

[ 07-02-2019, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-02-2019 04:26 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hell! Even I agree! This is no fun.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 07-02-2019 06:36 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well put and I too agree totally.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com