TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Deleting a post.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Deleting a post.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 06-04-2019 01:03 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anybody else unable to delete a post? I've deleted many of my own post's in the past by editing and checking the delete box but now I am unable to do so.

Unfortunately, I'm one of those individuals who will respond with out thinking something through. The ability to delete a post before too many people read it helps me from appearing like an even bigger fool.

Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-04-2019 04:23 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As an administrator, I'm probably no help to you, because the software allows us to do things others can't do.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 06-04-2019 07:07 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess the only way to fix this is to make me an administrator!

There I go again. Had to come back on here to make sure everyone knows that was a joke. The administrators on here do a great job but I'm not moderator material. I can piss enough people off on here without giving me any authority.

[ 06-04-2019, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-04-2019 07:49 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You should be able to delete your own posts.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 06-04-2019 08:07 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, I can't. Went to edit, tried to check the delete box to delete it but it won't let me.I am able to edit the post. Erasing the words in a post results in my name being there but no content in the message. Maybe it is something unique to my settings on here but it does the same thing from my IPAD and computer. No big deal.

[ 06-04-2019, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-04-2019 10:22 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, by the way; It has to be in a thread you started, and even then, I think you have to delete the whole thread.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-04-2019 10:57 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HC,

I just deleted my last post in boom's thread just to see...no problems here.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 06-05-2019 11:23 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If I recall correctly (a highly suspicious assumption!), you can delete your own post only if it is the last one in a thread. Once posts are added later, you cannot delete it without removing the whole thread, and then only if you started the thread.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-05-2019 11:35 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tiptree:
quote:
If I recall correctly (a highly suspicious assumption!), you can delete your own post only if it is the last one in a thread. Once posts are added later, you cannot delete it without removing the whole thread, and then only if you started the thread.
I have always been able to delete my own post regardless who started the thread or where my post was in the thread...just did it yesterday to see if anything had changed....nope!

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 06-05-2019 11:41 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Then I stand corrected. Thanks, MM! I may have been thinking of my "other" board-related passion at the Motley Fool. [Smile]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com