TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » FBI

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FBI
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 05-17-2019 02:45 PM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A few years after my wife got married some 50+ years ago we took a trip to Washington, D.C.

We did it all: a tour of the capitol, the mint, the White House, National Archives, Smithonian, Arlinton Cemetary, Custis-Lee house (home of Robert E. Lee), Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, a boat trip down the Potomac River to Mt. Vernon, Home of George Washington.

But to me the most interesting tour was of the FBI building. We had an agent-in-training for a guide. One thing that really impressed me at the time was the guide telling of the history of the FBI. He said that in the entire history of the institution there had never been one case of corruption or an agent gone bad.

Boy, have things changed......huh? James Comey!

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-17-2019 04:14 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I actually find this very sad.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 05-18-2019 07:42 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know Jar - J Edgar was one of the most corrupt persons on earth when he was the Director..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 05-20-2019 01:56 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would’ve called BS right to the guys face, had he gave me that line about zero corruption.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 05-20-2019 05:41 PM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This was in the early 70's, Boom. As far as anyone knew then it may have been a clean, upright organization.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 05-21-2019 02:10 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jarcat:
This was in the early 70's, Boom. As far as anyone knew then it may have been a clean, upright organization.

As clean as anyone would like to think any organization is, to use the term "never" in their entire history. is over reaching at best. There are great, good, average, poor, poor, and crooked, in any organization. The J Edgar era, on the outside looking in, didn't appear to be on always on the straight an narrow, without a political agenda. Also, we all know, a bad apple can be found anywhere. I don't blame the recruit for saying what he said. He had to follow orders and tell that lie. No sir, no organization, as big as the FBI, was unsullied since it inception, like he claimed.

The situation under the Obama administration was the orchestration of a failed coup against Trump. Those involved were at the top of the FBI, the DOJ, and the Obama administration.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 05-21-2019 03:27 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LBJ used the FBI to spy on Humphries during the convention. FDR unleashed the FBI and the IRS on his political enemies. Kennedy turned the FBI against unfriendly journalists.

No, I don't think there ever was a time when the FBI, or any government agency, was 'pristine'. With power comes corruption.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com