TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Reparations?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Reparations?
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 04-06-2019 10:06 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Link

Reparations my ass. Affirmative action for the last 50 years is way too much reparations. It is damn time to start treating everyone equal in this country.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-06-2019 10:10 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Reparations are nothing short of a scam. I grew up as poor as a snake, but don't think anybody owes me a thing.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-06-2019 05:40 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If my math is correct, there is nobody alive that lived during the days of slavery.
Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-06-2019 07:03 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Unless one of them lived for approximately 153-154 years, your math is spot on!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-07-2019 10:15 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And if the goal is make reparations to descendants of slaves (not sure how they'll figure out who those people ara), then the reparations should come from the descendants of the slave owners, not the federal government.

All this is is an attempt to get votes.

Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-08-2019 01:06 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is nothing more than a democrat ploy to make sure they lock up all the black votes in the country. Affirmative action which started under LBJ has given blacks the right to go to the front of the line for education, jobs and almost every other thing that goes on in this country.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-08-2019 04:34 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Reparations are taking money from the innocent to give to those who are not the victims. What kind of 'justice' is that?

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 04-10-2019 11:18 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am all for reparations as long as those at fault pay. The democrats are the party that supported slavery, so take the money from the DNC to pay reparations.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2229 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-11-2019 08:12 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If the DNC was to make the payments, it would serve to extend Lyndon B Johnson's prediction of, "I'll have those n*****s voting democrat for the next 200 years!" Yes, he said that.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

ironrangetoo
Player
Member # 10205

posted 04-13-2019 04:24 AM      Profile for ironrangetoo   Email ironrangetoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If reparations were made for slavery, wouldn't reparations to native Americans then become logical?????
Both may have justifications but are not practical solutions to historical wrongs.

Posts: 2008 | From: Ely MN | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-13-2019 07:58 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good point iron -also might as well have the southern states pay the northern states for starting the civil war while we are at it!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-13-2019 10:25 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There were as many, if not more, white slaves as black ones

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 04-24-2019 09:08 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukcatfannfl:
Good point iron -also might as well have the southern states pay the northern states for starting the civil war while we are at it!

But we didn’t start it!! [Wink]

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-25-2019 08:38 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe we (south) fired on Fort Sumter which began the civil war..

[ 04-25-2019, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-25-2019 06:04 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You are right Ed, Fort Sumpter was occupied by Northern forces and the confederacy fired the first shots that started the way. That occured in Charleston, SC.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 04-25-2019 07:32 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I didn't say we didn't fire the first shot, I said we didn't start. IF those darned Yankees had just left South Carolina as requested, there would have been no shelling of the fort. [Smile]

I hope you all know I am just kidding. I am well aware of the history here. I have read all the articles of secession of the southern states and came to a painful discovery, the south was fighting primarily to defend the institution of slavery. Though many of the common people may not have had a stake in that fight, the articles of secession make it clear that their primary purpose was to protect the rich southern plantations owners rights to own slaves.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-25-2019 09:35 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tks Ga just color me confused!

Your statement above is - Then like today the elitist dems are doing the same thing - vote me in u poor people and we will promise you anything!! lol

[ 04-25-2019, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-06-2019 01:28 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tiptree:

quote:
Reparations are taking money from the innocent to give to those who are not the victims. What kind of 'justice' is that?

Well put....totally agree.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com