TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Sad Day

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sad Day
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-20-2019 07:25 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This probably belongs in General Chat, but there is more traffic here. I lost my best friend of more than forty years this afternoon. He has been on kidney dialysis for 2 or 3 years now. His wife told my wife after Mass Sunday, that she thought he was dying. She was correct. The world has lost a really good person.

[ 03-20-2019, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-20-2019 07:36 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My condolences, Old Norm. Hopefully you have a lot of great memories of your friend to remember him by.
Posts: 10346 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 03-20-2019 07:44 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear that Norm. May God comfort his family and friends during this difficult time.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-20-2019 08:25 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Really sorry to hear that Norm. Prayers for his family and you as well. Losing a close friend is like losing family.
Posts: 5407 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-20-2019 10:34 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The burden of sorrow is thrust upon those of us left behind. I will offer prayers for you as his friend, and for all who loved him.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-21-2019 05:53 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Prayers and Condolences Norm and to those that were left behind!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-21-2019 09:30 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Prayers to you Norm and your friends family.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-21-2019 10:30 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I didn't post this yesterday, because I didn't know if Flacatz knew, But this friend of mine was the first cousin of Rick's dad. Carl grew up with Rick's dad and they were pretty much inseparable.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-21-2019 03:15 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear see that news. Prayers for all.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-22-2019 01:24 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The longer we live, the more friends and family members we lose. Lost one of my best friends a few years ago, out of the blue.

We can all make a new friend here or there. Long time friends, who you can trust in good times and bad, are few and far between.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-22-2019 04:04 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boomdaddy:
Long time friends, who you can trust in good times and bad, are few and far between.

That is exactly what Carl Coffey was.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-22-2019 06:45 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dated a Coffey girl from Mt Sterling KY, back during my college days! She was a student at EKU while I was at UK! Her name was Cindy!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-22-2019 10:29 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Never heard that name, but it's possibly a relative.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-23-2019 12:15 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm I wonder if Carl Coffey had a brother or cousin named Gerald Coffey fm Ky. My wife's brother's wife parents were fm Ky and settled in Ala several yrs ago. Curious to see how small this world really is...

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-23-2019 08:06 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Brothers were Mose, Bill and Gene. Sisters Edna and Kay. They all lived in/around Middletown, Ohio except Kay (Madisonville, KY). Their mother was a Cummins.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-23-2019 03:27 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm checked with wife's sister in law and she didn't know ur coffey's as her family lives in the Columbia/Russel Springs ky area she believes....

p.s. looks like we will be thru Bowling Green area the morning of Sat May 4 as it stands now. Will let u know exactly later on....go cats

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com