TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Trump versus Pence

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trump versus Pence
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-03-2019 10:24 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had an interesting conversation at coffee this morning with two conservative friends. The conversation revolved around Trump and his relationship with military leadership, both past and present. One of the friends I would describe as all in for Trump and the other a supporter but less adamant about his support. The conversation eventually turned to the possibility of impeachment as the Democrats seem to becoming more vocal about this. I said I would take Trump over Pence any day as I believe he is little more than a Cheerleader for the president. Maybe there is more substance to the man than I give credit for as I understand from some he was quite effective as governor of Indiana.

Much to my surprise both would rather have Pence as president. I was absolutely shocked that one of them felt this way. He said part of that stems from as how divided our country has become.

Curious as to wether anybody else feels this way. As much as I personally dislike Trump, I'll take him over Pence any day.

Posts: 5407 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-03-2019 10:33 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pence was a great radio talk show host, and a decent governor. As VP, he has been lost in the incendiary glare of Trump. Would he be a good president? I would lean to "yes". Would he be better than Trump? That depends on what you want. I think he would push Trump's agenda successfully, but he wouldn't provide the never-ending circus-like atmosphere that we have become used to. Pence is a thoughtful, quiet man -- exactly the opposite of Trump. But he is a solid conservative, and able to lead.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-03-2019 01:55 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am somewhere in the middle of the fence on this topic. I find myself quite often questioning some of Trump's ways of operation but am still supporting most of his agenda. I can see the house possibly impeaching Trump but that will never happen in the senate because of the two thirds needed. It does appear that the house will proceed with impeachment proceedings against him and if they do, they are only making themselves look bad because there is absolutely no reason for them to impeach him at this point. I do think Pence would be an admirable replacement if and when that time would come however.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-03-2019 04:28 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The only reason I think Mr Pence would make a good president is, the democrats I know hate him! He can't be all that bad!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-08-2019 02:01 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IMpeach Trump?

On what grounds?

I didn't agree with the swtink over Bill Clinton and Lewinski. Was the biggest farce that I have seen until this current coup, that is being allowed to play out. I don't care who Clinton had sex with and I wouldn't care if it was a sheep in the oval office. 80% of those in Congress are scoundrels and act like the pious Sunday Christian saints who sin like hell the other 6 days a week.

Is Pence better? That is not my question.

My question is when are those involved in the coup ever going to be brought to justice?

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-08-2019 02:27 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hear ya, Boom. Can a president be impeached simply because they don't like him? I don't get it.
Posts: 10346 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-08-2019 04:53 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They are trying to provoke him to do something impeachable. I don't think he or his advisors are stupid enough to fall for it.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-08-2019 05:04 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll be surprised if the house does not impeach Trump. Then, IMO, the senate will aquit him. Not saying it's fair, I just believe in all likelihood that's where we're heading. Just like Bill Clinton, nothing but politics.

[ 01-08-2019, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5407 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-08-2019 06:18 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Totally agree, Mister Handy.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com