TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Our broken government.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Our broken government.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-28-2018 05:07 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and told I would need to wear a CPAP nightly. No big deal. I went to the sleep therapist yesterday to pick one out. She was showing me different models to choose from. She told me as I was on Medicare they would not pay for the top of the line models even though I did have an F supplemental plan with it. However, if I was on Medicaid I could have the top of the line and pay nothing. (I did not have a co-pay with the one I picked as it was not top of the line.

I realize I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but something is seriously wrong with this picture.

[ 11-28-2018, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5408 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 11-28-2018 06:08 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Something is definitely wrong with that scenario Handy. It just don't seem right. Isn't Medicaid given to people with no out of pocket expenses for anything they need.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-28-2018 07:45 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My understanding is that Medicaid is basically welfare.

Because I wasn't sure if what she told me was accurate, I did a little more checking. This does vary by state but in some instances Medicaid will pay better than Medicare depending on the service renders and/or the equipment and vice versa.

[ 11-28-2018, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 11-28-2018 08:09 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
My understanding is that Medicaid is basically welfare.

That is my understanding as well. I'm ashamed to say it, but that is the ultimate goal for nearly two thirds of my cousins in Eastern Kentucky. Once they got their Medicaid "card" you would have thought they won the lottery. [Frown]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 11-29-2018 12:55 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
medicaid vs medicare

Medicaid is given..

Medicare the recipient paid into it...
Workers who retire get it at age 65 since they paid into it until retirement.

Medicaid is a free service given to anyone who qualifies based on state law...

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-29-2018 07:21 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You're right ukcatfannfl.PLUS we pay in each month after starting to use it. You would think that Medicare would pay at least as well as Medicaid.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com