TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Hollywood says it isn't about the flag. Yeah right

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hollywood says it isn't about the flag. Yeah right
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-16-2018 05:24 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Link

Film has underwhelming box office sales. Hollywood says it has nothing to do with them not including planting the US flag in the film, saying it was a human achievement, not a country achievement.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 10-17-2018 12:03 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Weren't several countries trying to be "the first" to land on the moon? To say this was merely a human achievement is so absurd and idiotic.
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 10-17-2018 01:32 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Hollywood crowd are against anything that is pro American, their movies show that clearly. A major part of the first person on the moon was putting the flag down and what he said, one small step for man, one giant step for mankind. I wonder if they included that in the movie???? I think he made that statement when he stepped off his shuttle onto the surface of the moon. They probably did include that because it had nothing to do with the planting of the flag.

[ 10-17-2018, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-19-2018 09:58 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had the pleasure of meeting Neil Armstrong in Moscow, of all places, when he was visiting there shortly after his moon landing. Ibet he would not be pleased about "his" flag not being shown either..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com