TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » CNN's treatment of Kanye West

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CNN's treatment of Kanye West
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-12-2018 07:07 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Link 1

Link 2

Lemon is basically calling him a dancing monkey and another commentator is calling him a negro that doesn't read.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-12-2018 11:06 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IMO, CNN was about right on this. I'm sorry to say I watched the whole thing. The man is a clown. What in the world was the POTUS thinking when he was host to this man in the Oval Office no less. I suppose he was trying to prove he is not a racist. There has got to be a better way. Tell me once again that Trump is not a politician. If this is not a political move I suppose he was there to advise on national security issues.

Jim Brown appeared to be as embarrassed as I was over this whole fiasco.

The whole event and Kayne's rant may no sense. Who is this idiot? A rapper? I suppose I'm not very hip if I have to ask this.

Posts: 5408 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 10-12-2018 11:31 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handy, I have to respectively disagree with you on this one. I am no Kanye West fan but I do not think this appearance in the oval office hurts Trump at all. He is getting a ton of media from what he calls the Fake News and that is what he wants. CNN have an ax to grind with Trump, if he had a meeting with Jesus Christ they would find something wrong with it. CNN has absolutely no credibility at all with me. At least Trump is trying to do all the things he said he would do when he was campaigning, something no professional politician would ever do.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-12-2018 11:47 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SCWC, no problem with the disagreement. I just found the whole thing embarrassing. Here is a link of the whole thing for those who have a strong enough stomach to watch.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/ 10/12/heres-every-word-kanye-wests-bizarre-meeting-president-trump/1609230002/

[ 10-12-2018, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-12-2018 12:51 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
due to people like west his approval rating among blacks has jumped to over 30 percent.]] trump is a very smart man..

I find it refreshing to see a non political in office who thinks of his country vs trying to use the office for his personal piggy bank...

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-12-2018 01:48 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trying to increase his popularity among blacks, or any other group for that matter, sounds like a politician to me.

I would encourage anyone to view this clip and then tell me if it's appropriate to have this idiot in the Oval Office to rant about his personal beliefs. I'll leave this thread alone now.

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-12-2018 02:33 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One correction: If Mr Trump was to meet Jesus Christ, CNN would rejoice! Then they'd start on Pence.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-12-2018 06:44 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Viewed the clip. Agree with Handy 100%.

I don't think there was a coherent sentence uttered by either West or Trump. Only Mr. Brown's succinct answers were evidence of any sort of intelligence.

What a circus. But go Trump!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-12-2018 06:45 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Mr. Trump were to meet with Jesus, the ACLU would sue for trying to establish a state religion, and CNN would have yet another field day.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com