TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Jimmy Carter speaks out

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jimmy Carter speaks out
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-15-2018 10:52 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Link

Carter was the worst POTUS in modern history and he thinks he knows what is best for the country.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 09-15-2018 11:45 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jimmy Carter was the last democrat I voted for in national elections. As my dad would have said, "He broke me from sucking eggs." I did vote for a democrat KY state representative a couple of times. I knew him personally, and he was a good man.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-15-2018 12:08 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree he was probably the worst president in modern history. I didn't vote for him but I also think he may very well be the most moral President in modern history.

[ 09-15-2018, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5405 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-15-2018 01:50 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He may have well been as the wife completely ran the show. I watched him in Amman Jordan visiting after his term and Rosalynn told him how to respond to questions by the news media.

And his SS detail (mostly Ga boys btw) said she was in charge 24/7...

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 09-15-2018 06:30 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good man, terrible President!

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-16-2018 06:11 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I rank Obama as the worst, Carter as the second worst, then LBJ as number 3 on the bad list. We recovered as a country from Johnson and Carter, I am not sure we will ever be the same after Obama and his policies.

[ 09-16-2018, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-16-2018 08:19 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If those responsible for the current coup go to prison, the county will more than recover. Obama was in on the plot. He will never go down. I am starting to wonder if any of them will.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-16-2018 08:44 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boom, One thing for certain, several key members of the Trump campaign and administration Are going to jail.
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-16-2018 08:49 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not "key" handy and not because of Russia..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-16-2018 09:22 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Our definition of key differs. Manafort - campaign manager, Michael Cohen- personal lawyer, Michael Flyn - national security director. The other two known liars or crooks associated with Trump are relatively low level players.

Add the other poor choices he has surrounded himself with, including Omarosa (spelling) and many others he is at least guilty of having extremely poor judgement of character.

On a side note. I don't believe Trump will survive Manafort agreeing to cooperate with Mueller. Some will say that means nothing. Mueller did not agree to cap Manafort's maximum jail time to 10 years without him giving up information that Mueller considers vital to the investigation. I have no idea if that information is about Russia. I think it is just as likely to be about Tax evasion or money laundering. Just my opinion.

[ 09-16-2018, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-16-2018 09:36 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Manaport was only in charge of Trump's campaign for three months, June, July and Aug 2016 before Trump fired him. Cohen was Trump's personal attorney who obviously was involved in fixing things for Trump (most rich people have these kind of dweebs on their payroll}. Yes, Trump was not a professional politician and many of these people who are involved in Mueller's investigation were brought in because they claimed to be Washington outsiders which was what the theme of Trump's campaign was about. Is Trump perfect, hell no, but he does love our country and is doing the best he can to get us out of the Obama/Bush funk that we were in for some 16 years.

As for Michael Flynn, he really did nothing wrong, even members of the FBI have said his lying was a trick question. He is the one that really got railroaded by Mueller.

I don't think Mueller will get anything of significant value from Manaport, he was not involved with the Trump campaign long enough to do that much damage. His problems with Mueller all go back some 13 years ago and have to do with his dealings with the Ukraine.

[ 09-16-2018, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-16-2018 07:01 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Muller was hired for the russian collusion and that is all. he has made it much more.

the doj and fbi are certainly corrupt at the highest level as have been pretty much proven.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-16-2018 08:37 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ukcatfanl says, "Mueller was hired for the Russian collusion and that is all."

I don' t believe that to be the case. At least it has not been that way with past special investigators. I may be wrong about this but I believe they are "required" to investigate any criminal activities they find in the course of their investigation.

"In 1999, however, Congress let the special prosecutor law expire and set up new rules for the attorney general to appoint a special counsel.
Under the current law, the special counsel's focus is somewhat more limited, with the scope of the investigation set by the attorney general and confined to investigating criminal matters."

There are numerous people on this board that's a lot smarter than me and they may let me know I'm way off base with this but I don't think so. IMO, Mueller is required to investigate things like tax evasion and money laundering not only by the POTUS but other people who come up in the course of the investigation.

Again, I'm not sure about this as I make no claim to be an attorney. If anyone else on here has knowledge to the contrary, you will not hurt my feelings by setting me straight. This is just what I have read and information I've heard on various news shows.

Had to edit this to clarify that I think you are right when you say the Russian collusion was what he was hired to do. But, IMO, anything else that comes up in the invesrigation is fair game, just like the Nixon and Clinton investigations. The only change that I can find is they are required by law to investigate illegal activities only. For instance, getting a blow job in the Oval Office is not illegal but lying about it may be, depending. I need to just shut up, I'm in way over my head.

[ 09-16-2018, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 09-17-2018 12:20 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
But, IMO, anything else that comes up in the invesrigation is fair game,
No opinion necessary hc...it's a fact.

Link

Item (ii)... "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation"

quote:
As for Michael Flynn, he really did nothing wrong, even members of the FBI have said his lying was a trick question. He is the one that really got railroaded by Mueller.
Flynn lied about meeting with the Russian ambassador during the transition. What's tricky about that?....he did or he didn't.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-17-2018 12:58 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
private meeting,,,u dont forget,,

a diplomatic function - u speak to all u can - maybe to say hello only.. Or who knows depending on number.

Believe flynn was at latter.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 09-17-2018 01:42 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What's that got to do with lying about it?

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-17-2018 01:52 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
Our definition of key differs. Manafort - campaign manager, Michael Cohen- personal lawyer, Michael Flyn - national security director. The other two known liars or crooks associated with Trump are relatively low level players.

Add the other poor choices he has surrounded himself with, including Omarosa (spelling) and many others he is at least guilty of having extremely poor judgement of character.

On a side note. I don't believe Trump will survive Manafort agreeing to cooperate with Mueller. Some will say that means nothing. Mueller did not agree to cap Manafort's maximum jail time to 10 years without him giving up information that Mueller considers vital to the investigation. I have no idea if that information is about Russia. I think it is just as likely to be about Tax evasion or money laundering. Just my opinion.

The key point of the entire meuller witch hunt is that it never should have strted in teh first place and was initiated on lies and false information. That being the case, everything should be thrown out.

Manafort was being xrutinized for something that had nothing to with the fake dossier or the false russia collusion charge. Trump will pardon him.

The charge of lying to the FBI is a pure BS charge and was totally partisan politics. I look for that to be pardoned as well.

The former Trump attorney was attacked to get around attorny client priviledge He is a bad character and I don't see him getting pardoned. He made his bed and he will have to do his time.

Because of the fake dossier and that there is so many high level officials that are a integral part of the coup, the whole Meuller deal should be thrown out. Then the conspirators should be charged with treason and suffer the penalties that traitors deserve.

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 09-17-2018 02:14 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boomdaddy, you definitely offer a unique perspective....keep posting.

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-17-2018 03:04 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM it has everything to do with it. Let me put it in ky language. You can attend a ky football watch party with lots and lot of people - do you know everyone? Could you have spoken with some and not know their names? Basically that is what a diplomatic party is especially if it is hosted by another diplomat - in washington d c no less. I have been there and done that..I only knew the ones that I was supposed to know...

Boom I hate to say it but Muller gave Manafort's case to New York and the President has no authority to pardon a state case. (I am not 100 percent sure but was told it)

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 09-17-2018 04:19 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
MM it has everything to do with it. Let me put it in ky language. You can attend a ky football watch party with lots and lot of people - do you know everyone? Could you have spoken with some and not know their names?
I probably wouldn't, but I would remember the important ones. Flynn was a highly ranked, 33-year career military man deeply involved in military intelligence....he knows who is and who ain't...this was the Russian Ambassador.

quote:
Boom I hate to say it but Muller gave Manafort's case to New York and the President has no authority to pardon a state case. (I am not 100 percent sure but was told it)
You're actually disappointed that Trump can't pardon a confessed felon?

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-17-2018 05:34 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
mm nope not if hundreds are invited especially in DC.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-18-2018 02:59 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukcatfannfl:
MM it has everything to do with it. Let me put it in ky language. You can attend a ky football watch party with lots and lot of people - do you know everyone? Could you have spoken with some and not know their names? Basically that is what a diplomatic party is especially if it is hosted by another diplomat - in washington d c no less. I have been there and done that..I only knew the ones that I was supposed to know...

If that is true, it is a damn shame.

Meuller should not have had the right to even investigate Manafort, because it wasn't tied to what he was suppose to be investigating.

Manafort had already been investigated once and cleared a long time ago. Meuller got him on charges gthat he already been cleared of.

Politics

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com