TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Trump, the Salty Sailor

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trump, the Salty Sailor
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 08-16-2018 06:37 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the views this mother has about Donald Trump are much like many others.
>
> Her characterization of Trump as the "Salty Sailor" or as The Fireman paint an excellent picture!!.
> She has written many great books about her son and family....
>
> Comment from KAREN VAUGHN Mother of Aaron Vaughn, Navy Seal
>
> “Sometimes God uses the no-nonsense, salty sailor to get the job done. Appreciating what the
> man is doing doesn't mean we worship the
> salty sailor or even desire to be like the salty sailor. It doesn't even mean God admires the salty sailor. Maybe He just knows he's necessary for such a time as this.
>
> I believe with all my heart that God placed that salty sailor in the White House and gave this
> nation one chance in November 2016.
> Donald Trump is what he is. He is still the man he was before the election. And without guilt, I very much admire what that salty sailor is accomplishing.
>
> He's not like me. That's okay with me. I don't want to be like him. I will never behave like him. I
> know we've NEVER had a man like him lead our nation. It's crazy and a little mind blowing at times.
>
> But I can't help admire the ability he has to act with his heart rather than a calculated, PC,
> think tank- screened, carefully edited script. I still believe that is WHY he became our President and WHY he's been able to handle a landslide of adversity and STILL pass unprecedented amounts of good legislation for our country AND do great
> works for MANY other nations, including Israel.
>
> I'm THRILLED with what he's doing for my nation, for the cause of Christ (whether intentional or
> unintentional, doesn't matter to me), and for the concept of rebuilding America and putting her FIRST. I will not be ashamed of my position because others don't see him through the same lens.
>
> Should it matter to me if a fireman drops an f-bomb while he's pulling me from a burning building?
>
>
> Would I really care about what came out of his mouth in those moments? Heck no! I'd CARE about what he was DOING.
> He wasn't sent there to save my soul and I'm not looking to him for spiritual guidance.
>
> All I'm thinking in those moments is, "Thank you, Jesus, for sending the fireman."
>
> I'll post this article below again for those who still might not understand me
>
> This man is crass. Okay.
>
> He's not careful with what he says. Okay.
>

[ 08-16-2018, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 08-16-2018 06:54 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
True its all about the job he is doing especially compared to the last two...

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-17-2018 11:13 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For the most part, Donald Trump reflects my political views. I'm no saint but he does not not reflect my morals or my character values.

I truly believe if we would have elected any other republican candidate to the presidency, our economy would have been equal to what we have today. Plus we would not be increasing our national debt and having to listen to his embarrassing rhetoric.

Unless we can see Donald defeated in the primary of 2020 (which I doubt) I will be forced to vote for him, much to my distaste.

Posts: 5408 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 08-17-2018 11:52 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I do give Trump credit for our current economy and feel that much of our current progress is because Trump did away with all or most of the Obama era regulations that were placed on businesses etc. The booming economy is not a carryover from the Obama era. The tax cuts and executive orders killing Obama restrictions on businesses are the reason our economy is doing great right now in my opinion.

[ 08-17-2018, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-17-2018 11:57 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm with SCWC on this one. I give reversing of Obama's job killing regulations and rules ALL the credit for the booming economy. I'm not so sure any of the other GOP candidates had/have the balls to do it.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-17-2018 12:02 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What Trump has accomplished so far, what he has promised and delivered, what he stands for on policy and how he has marched on despite the ongoing coup attempt, far outweighs any personality flaws or unpolished public speaking.

It is high time for this country to quit being a bunch of pansies that wear our hearts on our collective sleeves.

America First! What a novel concept. Pretty damn sad that it took this long for a Patriot to step up and stand up for America.

If I want to find some of the most un christian acting people, all I have to do is look into who controls the running of some of the churches.

In the same vein, if I want to find some the most un patriotic people in this country, I just need to look at those who are actively involved in the coup, which includes a past POW and a slew of past and current government officials that were sworn to do the exact opposite of their actions.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-17-2018 12:13 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SCWC, Norm, I guess I 'm nor making my point very well. I believe that "any Republican candidate" for president would have done away with Obama era regulations and would have made major tax reforms. At least I believe that to be the case with with most if not all of the candidates at that time.

I think many Trump supporters believe him to be a fiscal conservative. Nothing could be further than from the truth IMO. Debt goes up, wants to replace Obama care with Trump care, build a wall with Mexico NOT paying for (even with his latest proposal to do so) and starting a "space force" which could easily be absorbed by the present military forces. He did cancel his 92 million dollar parade but wait until next year. I served and IMO that is a complete waste of tax payer money.

The man spends our money like a drunken sailor.

[ 08-17-2018, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 08-17-2018 12:15 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IMV if we had a rep politician in office we would be no where close to where we are today. Politicians by nature and balls only want to kick the can down the road not really effect change.

We have one rich capitalist who is not beholden to anyone and has the united states best interest at heart.

Handy - the politicians hide their flaws and their secrets and if you are a dem, the press will help, and I can name several, whereas trump wears his on his shoulder.

Moral values! All politicians have few to little and again , they become rich while in office (see harry reid). Trump doesn't need to "bow" to anyone....

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-17-2018 12:54 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SCWC, Norm. My bad. I went back and reread your posts and I missed that you guys don't believe other GOP candidates would have had the "Balls to do it" as norm so delicately put it😀. You guys may be right. We will never know. I believe Ted Cruse and at least a couple of others would have.

[ 08-17-2018, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com