TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Political dispute went from Facebook to firearms

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Political dispute went from Facebook to firearms
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-08-2018 06:00 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Link

I firmly believe in the right to keep and bear arms.

That being said, there are always going to be a few nut jobs out there.

The shooter in this story is a registered Dem, but who knows what his beliefs are. What is evident is that he needs to be in prison and is a danger to society. He went to a man's home and shot him. The victim is a felon, so he must not be that great of a guy, either.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 08-08-2018 09:17 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boomdaddy:
The victim is a felon, so he must not be that great of a guy, either.

Not meaning to take away from the subject here, but one of my close friends is a felon. He spent four years of an eight-year sentence in prison. And he's a great guy. Sometimes good people just make mistakes in their youth.
Posts: 10348 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-08-2018 09:42 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes. You are correct. If they turn their life around and become good citizens, that is to be commended.

Some don't quit and never turn back.

Talked to a complete stranger on vacation, one year. Just being nice. He stated that he just got out of prison a month ago. He said the laws in the country weren't fair.

I said what did you get caught for? He said possession of marijuana with intent to sell.

So, I am feeling a little empathetic, thinking he might have gotten a bad break. Then, I asked him how much?

He said 50 lbs. Haha. Well, didn't feel too sorry for him after that.

[ 08-08-2018, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 08-08-2018 11:15 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think my felon friend had about 150 pounds in his house when it got raided. But he learned his lesson. Now he owns his own dry-wall business and is doing really well.

[ 08-08-2018, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: PaulCat ]

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-09-2018 07:32 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PaulCat:
I think my felon friend had about 150 pounds in his house when it got raided. But he learned his lesson. Now he owns his own dry-wall business and is doing really well.

Are you joking about that or are you being serious?
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 08-09-2018 08:23 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Serious as a heart attack. I may be off on the actual weight - it seems like he told me 150 pounds though.
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-09-2018 02:03 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Are you joking about that or are you being serious?
I was thinking the same thing. That's a serious bust....probably worth at least 250K.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 08-20-2018 01:24 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So I golfed with my felon friend yesterday and asked him the specifics. He had 1800 pounds of marijuana and $400,000 cash when the FBI showed up. It didn't occur to me to ask but I'm assuming he had that in some type of warehouse. I don't know if you could store 1800 pounds in a house unless it's the size of Tiger Wood's mansion!
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 08-21-2018 06:07 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WOW!!!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com