TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Executive Order?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Executive Order?
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-04-2018 08:01 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The "Executive Order" powers, that the Presidents have, has confused me since Trump took office.

It is especially confusing, when the subject is DACA, a program that Obama started by Executive Order.

Since it was originated by the Office of the President, one would think that it could be ended by the office of the President.

It seems, in the eyes of Obama appointed judges, the Executive Order powers only pertain to the past President and not to the current one.

Hence, the confusion that I have regarding Executive Orders.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 08-04-2018 08:20 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The judicial branch has the power to veto the executive branch. Checks and balances, I guess.
Posts: 10330 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-05-2018 08:09 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Paul, while that is true, I would think only the Supreme Court could do that. Not some little Podunk federal judge. If it was just anyone in the judicial branch, why couldn't some court clerk do it?

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-05-2018 10:58 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There was no daca program for aliens before Obama’s executive order.

Why would a judge stop Trump from ending Daca with his executive order, other than having a political agenda?

Why does a judge get involved at all? They are not US citizens and this program only came about by order of the executive branch. It was meant to be a temporary measure. But, since it allows foreigners into the country, liberal judges fight tooth and nail to keep them inside our borders?

It is the same thing with Trump trying to keep dangerous people from entering into the country. The liberals file their lawsuits where Obama appointed judges can review the cases.

We have Liberals and judges protecting the rights of foreigners over the safety of American citizens.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com