TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Vietnam Vet calls for resgnation of official who kneels for pledge

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vietnam Vet calls for resgnation of official who kneels for pledge
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-02-2018 09:31 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Link
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-02-2018 11:48 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am not a fanatic, but this story incenses me. I think there should be a new law drafted that bars anyone that disrespects the flag from holding political office on ANY level. Makes my blood boil!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 08-02-2018 12:40 PM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm with you 100%, Norm. I am not a veteran, but would have gladly served except I was rejected as 4F due mainly for being a diabetic.

I pleaded with them to let me serve in any capacity but was denied.

I think Lee Greenwood sums up my feeling in his song:

"I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free. And I'd gladly stand up and defend her still today. GOD BLESS THE USA".

I deeply regret I wasn't allowed to do so.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-02-2018 05:57 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
At coffee today, one of my democrat buddies (yes, I actually like him), was talking about free health care for all. When I called BS, he told me, a retired veteran, "Well yours is free!" I replied that it definitely was NOT free. I paid for it with 20+ years of my life, and I wasn't even home when my mother died. On a side note, the last time I was on leave before she died, she cried when we left. My wife told me afterward that she knew we would never see her alive again.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 08-02-2018 07:56 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm you are a true patriot. You as all veteran's earned your medical with your service to your country!

Jar thank you for trying !

[ 08-02-2018, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com