TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » religion and politics

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: religion and politics
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 07-28-2018 08:31 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LInk

A religious magazine calls leader of Italy, Satan.

That doesn't seem like a very christian thing to do

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
ironrangetoo
Player
Member # 10205

posted 07-28-2018 12:38 PM      Profile for ironrangetoo   Email ironrangetoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Religions seem to foster bigotry and intolerance of others.
Posts: 2008 | From: Ely MN | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 07-30-2018 12:17 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Some religions may, but true religion does not.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2229 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
ironrangetoo
Player
Member # 10205

posted 07-30-2018 06:35 PM      Profile for ironrangetoo   Email ironrangetoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ga Cat
You need to look at historical facts, without blinding yourself with religious dogma.
I really believe it is difficult for a true believer of any religion to avoid getting entrapped in bigotry, since they truly believe they are right and everyone else is wrong..

Posts: 2008 | From: Ely MN | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 07-30-2018 06:59 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I disagree. I am a minister and can tell you that I do not believe I am right and everyone else is wrong. I believe that God is right and those that disagree with him are wrong.

By the way, your statement above indicates that you believe that you are right and everyone that disagrees with you is wrong. Just saying.

Simply painting me to be a bigot because I am a person of faith, devoted to the word of God could be considered s form of bigotry in itself.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2229 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 07-30-2018 10:12 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I’m a pastor, too, and I believe that Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life, and that no one will get to heaven but by Him. If some believe that makes me bigoted, then that’s their prerogative. I don’t believe all faiths are equal, nor do I believe that my denomination is the only one going to heaven. Faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord is the answer. Of course, God loves us enough to let us make up our own mind.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 07-31-2018 06:14 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
JMO but most "Religions" are man made. While faith is the only true answer to the question. I've had arguments with , what I would consider a good Christian man. his religion tells him that you can't get to Heaven unless you are baptized. Where I believe baptism is an important expression of your faith it isn't the answer to the road to Heaven!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123953 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 07-31-2018 07:52 AM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know religious people who BELIEVE many different things as part of their religion. What the Bible teaches is the important concept. What does the Bible teach about baptism?
Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com