TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » FOX news

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FOX news
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 06-12-2018 03:38 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Liberals rejoice - FOX Reporter Shepard is (now) a full blown liberal. His commentary today on the summit is sickening - his snide remarks and his way of repeating stories in a condescending way to viewers. Plus staring at the camera with a frown on his face and shaking his head over a comment..

To me he sounds like Juan Williams (almost) and since I haven't been watching much of his reporting he certainly is not a conservative and I did not realize it.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-12-2018 04:03 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
his snide remarks
Alright Norm, I'm waiting...you need to get on Shepard's ass too. [Smile]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 06-12-2018 04:12 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I NEVER mistook Shepard Smith for a conservative. I think Fox News does a better job of having a mix of political views from their reporters than most but are still biased.

It's raining here again today ukcatfan, how about at your place? [Smile]

Posts: 5405 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 06-12-2018 04:29 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I never liked Smith, quit watching him several years ago. He went to school at Ole Miss and his broadcasts were always ended by him stating the time it was at Ole Miss hour wise. Shortly after Fox fired Roger Ailes, Smith came out as a gay, something he apparently would not do as long as Ailes was in charge. Smtih is supposed to be hosting a hard news program, not an opinion program but he always managed to get his personal views in on topics. I have always been suprised that he is very high up at Fox, handles most of their emergency news reporting.

[ 06-12-2018, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-12-2018 05:02 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Criticizing the people's President when he's out of line doesn't make you a liberal...it makes you a Patriot.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 06-12-2018 05:47 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Report the news - don't need your opinion as a journalist.. Big difference between a talk show host and a reporter imv! and Smith is supposed to be a reporter not a talk show host!!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 06-12-2018 05:52 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What has Trump done now that is out of line???? Just curious. He has been in Singapore in a high level meeting to try to get rid of nuclear arms on the Korean Pensiula. I would think liberals as well as conservatives and moderates would approve of that undertaking.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 06-12-2018 09:06 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry I just don't get Trump when he says [b]I trust him. He is a smart guy who loves his people.[/b

I don't know if it's out of line but I don't like it

[ 06-12-2018, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5405 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 06-12-2018 10:31 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handy he is making a deal - whatever language works - use it. This is a "life and death" situation down the road IF we don't get the nukes away from him! Meaningless words are very insignificant when dealing with the big picture!

If this works then watch out for Iran! They will be next on Trump's radar!

We as Americans should be applauding his efforts for world peace!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-13-2018 02:04 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
What has Trump done now that is out of line???? Just curious.
Not suggesting he has done anything out of line....just a statement saying when he does it's the people's duty and obligation to call him on it...doing the right thing has nothing to do with being a liberal or conservative.

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-13-2018 08:19 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm sorry I just don't get Trump when he says [b]I trust him. He is a smart guy who loves his people.[/b

I don't know if it's out of line but I don't like it

Me neither. I also don't like Trump saying our joint military exercises with South Korea is "provocative" and they are being suspended. Kim seems to be getting whatever he wants.

quote:
This is a "life and death" situation down the road IF we don't get the nukes away from him!
I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell Kim will surrender his nukes.

[ 06-13-2018, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 06-13-2018 09:14 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM left talking points...nothing more

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-13-2018 10:19 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't mean they ain't valid....

He didn't even inform South Korea or Japan beforehand. The US presence is more about keeping an eye on China than anything else. Those "provocative" exercises are necessary because troop deployment to SK is only for 1-2 years, so there is a constant influx of new untrained troops.

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-13-2018 11:33 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
quote:
his snide remarks
Alright Norm, I'm waiting...you need to get on Shepard's ass too. [Smile]
As it happens, I am an administrator on this site. I wouldn't mind being one for Fox News, but I don't think they are interested!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 06-13-2018 01:43 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He didn't even inform South Korea or Japan beforehand. The US presence is more about keeping an eye on China than anything else.

nope they are there (I was one way back when) to have a "presence" in the area to strike back against any threat - could be China - NK - even Russia if they get fisky.
(we have eyes in the sky to "keep an eye on" etc)

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 06-13-2018 03:04 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UKCatfanfl, good response. We are a military presence to keep North Korea in check and to be prepared for anything else that might go wrong with China, Japan and other allies and non allies. I doubt we will ever in our lifetime see our troops moved out of South Korea, they have been there for over half a century now. Same with Germany and other foreign allies.

I am sure South Korea and Japan were well aware that Trump was going to suspend the joint exercises for a year as a bargaining chip with Kim.

For what it is worth, Clinton suspended the joint maneuvers for three years back in the nineties in an effort to make points with Kim's father and it never worked then. At least Trump has had a face to face meeting with his enemy and should know him a little better just for that time they were together. We can only hope.

[ 06-13-2018, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com