TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » G7 or G8?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: G7 or G8?
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 06-08-2018 12:01 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm nervous about Trump's policy on tariffs but I'm smart enough to realize I know very little about this. For now I'm willing to trust him.

I'm pissed about him wanting to let Russia back in the club when all other members seem to be opposed. Why should we reward them for their continued terrible behavior?

Posts: 5408 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 06-08-2018 01:09 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On one hand, there is some merit to the old adage "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer", but I also agree that Russia's behavior needs to change dramatically before being invited into the Cool Kids group.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 06-09-2018 08:10 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bad guess on my part. Looks like it will be G6.

[ 06-09-2018, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-10-2018 08:29 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
On one hand, there is some merit to the old adage "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer",
The enemies that Trump is keeping "closer" is quite clear....who are the friends he is keeping "close"?

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-10-2018 09:40 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Geez! Give it a rest. One supposedly conservative idiot is even speculating that the reason Melania Trump has been out of sight for a while is, the president has beat the crap out of her! For God's sake! She just had major kidney surgery. Your smart assed comment had absolutely zero to do with the subject at hand.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-10-2018 01:50 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok Norm, after re-reading my comment I can see where some might take it that way....wasn't intended that way, but I will give you that, and sincerely apologize to anyone offended.

Because I prefer keeping my comments short they can come across somewhat pointed at times. But I can't recall a single post where I have insulted, name-called, disrespected or belittled another poster...can you?

I believe I will give it a rest Norm....because, quite frankly, I'm a little tired of every time I make a comment it is "playing stupid", "baiting", "being sarcastic" or "smart assed".

You've got your echo chamber Norm.......
Congratulations!

Just to clarify....I wasn't including Tiptree and handycat

[ 06-10-2018, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 06-11-2018 06:42 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

The enemies that Trump is keeping "closer" is quite clear....who are the friends he is keeping "close"?
quote:

If that remark wasn't made for a reaction like Norm made, I don't know what is. MM, you are famous for your short snippets on topics and almost all of them are made to get under the skin of those who take opposing views to yours. It is one thing to debate, another to shoot darts at those who are moderate to conservative in their think process.

I notice you edited your post from early yesterday to exclude Handycat and Tiptree so apparently you have no ax to grind with anyone but Norm who certainly does have the respect of all who have known him for many years. And by that statement, I don't mean we are members of his AMEN choir.

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 06-11-2018 08:00 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"I make a comment it is "playing stupid", "baiting", "being sarcastic" or "smart assed"."

MM with all due respect the above written comments by you are true!!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 06-11-2018 09:57 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
By the tone of mm's last post, I suspect we will lose him around here, at least for a while. I will miss him if that happens. The Cats Domain is overwhelming conservative, it just depends to what degree. It seems to me that it runs from the alt right to moderates and everything in between but IMO, MM is the only liberal who has the balls to post in this section. Debate among conservatives alone is pretty boring.

I can honestly say that I consider many on here friends and that includes MM even if he is a flaming liberal.

But hey MM, there are a few on here that consider me a flaming liberal because of my dislike of Trump. I've been called worse.

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-11-2018 10:03 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
If that remark wasn't made for a reaction like Norm made, I don't know what is
Nope. I've said so and apologized to anyone offended...nothing else I can say.

quote:
It is one thing to debate, another to shoot darts
You mean like this?

"MM, do you really believe those sources????? If you do, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would love to sell you".

quote:
I notice you edited your post from early yesterday to exclude Handycat and Tiptree so apparently you have no ax to grind with anyone but Norm
I don't have an axe to grind with Norm or anyone else. I don't like Trump and I don't trust Trump...never have. Trump is my President as well as yours and I have as much right to criticize him as you do to phrase him...it's called America.

Tiptree and handycat have openly said they support most of Trump's policies, as most everyone else has. The difference is they will also speak their conscious...dignity, honor and respectful behavior in our leaders is important to them. Unfortunately, I don't see much of that from other members when it comes to Trump.

quote:
"I make a comment it is "playing stupid", "baiting", "being sarcastic" or "smart assed"."

With all due respect Ed....you don't have a lot of wiggle room here.

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 06-11-2018 10:14 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I make a comment it is "playing stupid", "baiting", "being sarcastic" or "smart assed"."

With all due respect Ed....you don't have a lot of wiggle room here.

maybe so but mine are "in response"to yours "starting something".

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 06-11-2018 10:33 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Quote by MM
Tiptree and handycat have openly said they support most of Trump's policies, as most everyone else has. The difference is they will also speak their conscious...dignity, honor and respectful behavior in our leaders is important to them. Unfortunately, I don't see much of that from other members when it comes to Trump.

MM, in all fairness, I've seen other posters criticize Trump as well. Norm and SCWC come to mind but I believe there are others.

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-11-2018 10:38 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have openly stated here, and in other places, that I think the president is an arrogant asshole and could never be a "friend" with him, but I still love the job he is doing. In my opinion, he has accomplished more than the last three presidents combined, and that includes "W". MM, you are welcome here by me. Please state your opinions any time you like, just tamp down the barbs and digs, just to get some of us to react. In case you were not aware, I have two children that are further to the left than you seem to be, and a third that voted for Mr Obama twice. I still love all three with all my heart, and would take a bullet for them. For that matter, I would take one for your right to state your opinion. I am a firm believer in our Constitution … ALL of it.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-11-2018 10:44 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My apologies to everyone...didn't realize I was that bad...I'll do better.

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 06-11-2018 12:23 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am with Norm, consider Trump a pompous butt head but I do like the things he has initiated since being elected. I will never like him as a person, think he thinks he is the most intelligent man in the world which we all know he is not. I will not watch him make any kind of speech on TV and do hope the republican party can put up a good candidate to run against him in 2020. When the GOP field started with something like sixteen, Trump was my last choice and as I have stated more than once, I drove to the polls twice only to come back home and not vote. On the third time I did register and pull the lever for Trump but it was obvious I still had reservations. There is no doubt in my mind that he is putting America first, something we have needed in a mighty long time.

I honestly think people like Robert DeNiro and his F Trump at the awards ceremony last night was way out of line and could not believe the hollywood crowd gave him a standing ovation for it. Even Bill Maher on HBO is hoping we have a recession to slow down our booming economy so Trump will not be electable the next time around and publically stated that even if Trump lost, he did not think he had any intentions of leaving the White House. That kind of talk is not good for our country and whether the hollywood crowd know it, people like DeNiro is making Trump even more popular with the working people of our great country

[ 06-11-2018, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 06-11-2018 12:32 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"There is no doubt in my mind that he is putting America first, something we have needed in a mighty long time."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ray exactly my thought. We as mere mortals really never "know" the President. We can only hope that he does the right things. If you have time, pls read my post ref obama/trump as it summarizes the stark difference between the two men..

Trump is at least doing what he was elected to do unlike other politicians be it they Dems or Reps. He is richer than them and doesn't have to do the bidding of lobbyists!

I'll take a rich business man who has the interest of the country first over a Hillary type who has her own personal interests over the country!

[ 06-11-2018, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 06-11-2018 04:36 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE] [Trump is at least doing what he was elected to do unlike other politicians be it they Dems or Reps. He is richer than them and doesn't have to do the bidding of lobbyists!
/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right,he is filthy rich and doesn't need the money. I've actually found it humorous in past threads that people talk about his generosity and even donating his salary to the VA. When you compare his net worth with mine I'm much more generous as I threw a $10 bill in the the Salvation Army kettle last Christmas.

I personally believe now for Trump it's all about his legacy. He has achieved power and a vast fortune by any means possible and wants to leave his mark on history.

I think he has handled N Korea wonderfully well to this point. My only fear now is that he will soften his tough stance with them to so that he "might" be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, something he has openly mentioned. In his egotistical mind that would seal his legacy as the greatest president in history. For that matter, that would do it for the very few "true" Trump supporters that have not already awarded him that honor.

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-11-2018 08:51 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What if they gave the NPP to Kim instead? I mean, this murderous thug is getting rock star treatment in Singapore.

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 06-11-2018 10:09 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who really gives a rats assss who gets an award? Give it to Rodman for all I care... Heck Obama got one for doing nothing! [Smile]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 06-12-2018 03:57 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And Rodman was crying, saying his buddy Kim wanted to talk 5 years ago but Obama would not sit down with him. Poor Rodman, Poor Kim. Nothing might ever come of this meeting between Trump and Kim but hopefully something will eventually. I could care less about the Nobel Peace prize, that is never given to anyone who deserves it, except Sister Theresa once.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 06-12-2018 07:18 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We all agree, we don't care who gets the NPP. Trump obviously doesn't feel as we do or why keep bringing it up?
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 06-12-2018 07:27 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No doubt Handy Trump loves the lime light. Personally I dont care about that either. Only results count in my book and he is doing things no other President could and would do whether that person be dem or rep.. Surely we can all agree on that?

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 06-12-2018 09:05 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ukcatfan, I agree he has done an outstanding job to this point and believe it or not, I'm rooting for that to continue.
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-12-2018 11:53 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Things are great for now and hope they continue, but the US is not alone...this is a global phenomenon. Virtually every major economy is experiencing record growth and historically low unemployment...as goes the US so goes the world. We need to take advantage while it last because all things come to an end...it's just a matter of when and how.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com