TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Daily White House Briefing.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Daily White House Briefing.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-28-2018 02:29 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I watch it almost every day when televised. I like and respect Sara Huckleby Sanders and think she does her job well. HOWEVER, her habit of starting almost every sentence with "Look" is driving me crazy. OK, sometimes she does vary it with "uh Look". I find myself not really listening but counting the times she says "Look".

Once again I prove I really don't have a life.

Posts: 5402 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-28-2018 04:10 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, if you want to forget that you don't have a life, make it a drinking game.

[Smile]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13623 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 03-28-2018 05:22 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What's your drink of choice, Tiptree? Talking 'bout big boy drinks, of course? Or anybody else for that matter.

[ 03-28-2018, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-28-2018 06:02 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One beer a day for me, and I buy the cheap stuff, but not this week. We are in Destin with youngest son and family, so I bought some Yeungling Lager.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-28-2018 06:11 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A nice double pour of Blanton's per day has been my ritual of late.

Old Norm, what is the cheap stuff? Keystone? Busch Light?

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-28-2018 07:51 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trey Ball:
Old Norm, what is the cheap stuff? Keystone? Busch Light?

Keystone Light, which by the way, is from the same vat as Coors Light, according to the research I did. My next door neighbor, a UofL fan and Coors light drinker, called BS on me. I had him do a blind taste test and he could not tell any difference. He still goes for the status symbol though.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-28-2018 09:44 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My drink of choice is whiskey; I like single-malt scotch, Irish whiskeys, and of course, good Bourbon.

My go-to drinks are either Four Roses Single Barrel (when in a bourbon mood), Laphroaig 10-year (when feeling my Scottish ancestry), or Red Breast (when Ireland calls me). But I like, and keep in my cabinet, a wide range of whiskeys.

Trey, good call on the Blantons. I just really like the spicy complexity of Four Roses Single Barrel a tad more. My other favorite bourbons are Bulliet Rye and Ancient Ancient Age, both of which can be had for a much cheaper price. I used to be a fan of Kentucky Spirit, but I find it disappointing these days. And, it never hurts to have some Maker's Mark around for a sweeter alternative.

Most overhyped and disappointing Bourbons? Knob Creek and Woodford Reserve. Neither are bad, but they are overpriced and rather pedestrian.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13623 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-28-2018 10:02 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Many years ago I drank moonshine. Can't say that I liked it but drank guite a bit of it. After that I drank too much beer. Now I may have a Bud light once a month. My preferred drink is sweet tea with lemon.
Posts: 5402 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-28-2018 10:18 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip says
Most overhyped and disappointing Bourbons? Knob Creek and Woodford Reserve. Neither are bad, but they are overpriced and rather pedestrian.

I agree Tip overpriced and certainly no better than Makers! IMO
(PS. I have both now and sipping on markers!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 03-29-2018 12:09 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A joint and a cold bottle of Corona Extra..relaxed and happy. [Smile]

BTW, handycat.. didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Sanders is no better or worse than any other Press Secretary...they're all just talking heads for the President.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com