TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Mueller investigation.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mueller investigation.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-11-2018 09:15 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There are a lot of Trump supporters on here and I have a question for you. Is there anything that could come out of the investigation that would change your mind about Trump?
I'm honestly not trying to start an argument or put Trump supporters down. I have friends and family that are Trump supporters and I respect their views. I should also say the same about members of this board. I'm just honestly curious and have no intent to put anyone down about their believes.

Thought I should edit and clarify this a little. I'm talking about reasonable possible findings such as money laundering, tax evasion, collusion with Russia to find and expose dirt on HC, etc.

Not asking about whether the investigation is fair or if there should have been a special prosecutor appointed. It's happened, right or wrong.

[ 03-11-2018, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-11-2018 09:49 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Muller team is in existence to investigate "collusion" with Russia. No other purpose. Thus far over a year the people colluding with Russia are the Democrats i.e. Hillary.

Trump being a business man I am sure he has had some shady deals and if Muller looks long enough then they will find something.

No signs of collusion and Muller has the best money can buy trying to dig up something.

Remember the FBI has zero creditably as they have proven it time and time again

Most people dont like trumps "smartest in the room" persona but I for one like the self confidence that he brings to the table every time he speaks. And the twitter was a genius move on his part to let EVERYONE know exactly how he feels not the opinion of the news reporters...
p/s/ he is not bought and paid for like virtually all the politicians are nowadays.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-11-2018 09:51 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trying to find dirt on a political opponent, no. That is not against the law and they ALL do it. Tax evasion or money laundering, yes. That would lower my opinion a lot. Treason, I would want him out of office and in jail. I am not blind. Would any of that make me like HRC better? Not a chance. I'm pretty sure she is guilty of all the above, except maybe tax evasion.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-11-2018 12:50 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, it's for anybody.

[ 03-11-2018, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 03-11-2018 01:11 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't like Trump personally. I think he is arrogant and obnoxious and has a foul mouth. However, I think he is performing well as our president. I did vote for him and could not in good conscience vote for Mrs. Clinton. If there is evidence that he did something illegally to win the election, I will dread what that will mean to our country.
Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-11-2018 01:56 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
If there is evidence that he did something illegally to win the election, I will dread what that will mean to our country.
Me too. For the sake of our country, I wish this would just go away. There will be too many Trump supporters who would never believe it. On the other hand, many liberals will never believe it unless they find evidence of wrong doing.

Far too many people will not believe anything, despite what evidence shows, unless it fits in with personal beliefs.

[ 03-11-2018, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-11-2018 03:58 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is all kinds of evidence of collusion that the democrats have done with Russia So far, none of them are up on charges.

Mueller needs to be investigated.

How can anyone, even the blind Trump haters not see that it is politics and should not only be stopped, but real, treasonous crimes have been committed by the Dems, the department of justice, and the FBI

Yes there are traitors in the government. All of them are democrats and Obama loyalists.

When do the democrats amdnthe obama loyalists get arrested and charged for treason? That is what Handycat and the rest of America should be asking.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-11-2018 04:44 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well Boom, you did not answer the question but I'm going to put you in the camp as a supporter who thinks Trump could do no wrong. My guess is Mueller could offer up a video of Trump screwing a cow and your response would be it really wasn't Trumps fault as the Dems had given him one that had a pretty white face and was already stump broke.

[ 03-11-2018, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-11-2018 05:02 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
again Muller was given the task of finding out if Trump collated with Russia. So far he has found out that the only colluding was the dem with the dossier file.

Rest of it is a witch hunt!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-12-2018 07:14 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
Well Boom, you did not answer the question but I'm going to put you in the camp as a supporter who thinks Trump could do no wrong. My guess is Mueller could offer up a video of Trump screwing a cow and your response would be it really wasn't Trumps fault as the Dems had given him one that had a pretty white face and was already stump broke.

That's similar to what I say about Democrats. Trump could cure cancer and deliver world peace both in one day and Democrats would still find some fault with it and open up some type of formal investigation.
Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-12-2018 07:36 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Paul, I agree that there are Plenty of Dems who do the same thing. I also agree with Boom about investigating the Dems for collusion. As I stated in my original post regarding the Mueller investigation "it's happened, right or wrong". I wanted honest opinions of people as to what they would do if Mueller found evidence of wrong doing. As usual, Boom turns any thread into a rant against dems and anyone else who disagrees with him.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-12-2018 08:51 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think any politician who is guilty of a crime should pay the price for that crime.
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-13-2018 12:07 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The reason that some believe in the Mueller investigation that was founded on lies from a political hit piece is that they are still in shock that crooked Hillary lost and this is their fantasy solution to justify why she got beat.

I don’t hate those that are in mourning because the country didn’t continue to go further left and keep assaulting the constitution.

I do hate the politicians who claim to be republican but sit on their fat asses and don’t further President Trumps agenda.

I do have one big complaint with President Trump. He should have fired Coney on his first day in office and went after Hillary and every crooked Obama appointee including the Muslim potentate himself.

[ 03-13-2018, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-13-2018 06:44 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IMO, Mueller will not be "done" when Mister Trump leaves office January 20, 2025. 90% of his "team is hardcore liberal, and will still be digging in the sewers that they themselves created, Just like their Goddess, Ms. Clinton, who was in India recently (yesterday?) spreading her manure about the president hating brown people and women, and all Trump voters were stupid and poor.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-13-2018 08:56 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Show me the evidence. Is it anything like Mr Obama whispering to the Russian Prime Minister that he'd have more flexibility after the election? Or selling 20% of our available uranium to a Russian company? How bout we just give them a giant plastic kids toy "reset button"? Wake up man!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-13-2018 10:10 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So has "Russian collusion". Debunked? You really need to quit watching CNN and MSNBC!

[ 03-13-2018, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-13-2018 02:16 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Snopes? Hahahahaha

Would you just post your tax returns here for all to see? His returns are really nobody's business. Neither are mine.

You say the Obama administration's involvement has been debunked. The Trump/Russia BS has gone on forever. The House Intelligence committee has debunked THAT yesterday.

I remind you of a sick person that won't go to the doctor? You remind me of someone that won't accept a fact unless it fits your agenda. Why do I get the distinct feeling that I am being bullied in grade school again?

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-13-2018 04:34 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I rest my case. I'm done here.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-13-2018 06:32 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I believe Putin has some really serious dirt on Trump, and I think it has to do with Trump's "shady" (as one poster said) business dealings. Only thing is, if true...it probably goes way beyond shady...likely criminal.
Woah. Let's look at this post.

"I believe Putin has some really serious dirt on Trump, and I think it has to do with Trumps "Shady".. business dealings"

Well, if so, why is that worthy of a Special Prosecutor? Is doing business in Russia, or with Russians, is illegal? I accept this as your opinion, but then...

"Only thing is, if true...it probably goes way beyond shady...likely criminal."

THAT, my fellow Cats fan, is where you jumped the rails. That is where your own 'echo chamber' of left-wing message boards, like-minded friends, or whoever influences your thought the most have conditioned you. You are presuming criminal activity because... you don't like him? Because other foaming-at-the-mouth progressives say so? Really, what is your evidence to support this incendiary statement? What was your logical chain? It is a volatile mix when you put "Donald Trump, often-failed and reviled businessman" together with "Putin, feared and despotic leader of our enemy, Russia" and "Federal investigation". Mix, stir, and add a dash of paranoia, and you get "Trump is a criminal and a traitor".

Think what you like, but that is not a logical conclusion. It is an emergent dream of the wild-eyed left.

As to the 'context' you seem to have missed (I am SURE it wasn't a big topic on the sources of news you frequent), Obama visited Putin's second-in-command during his run for office (Hmmmmm.... why would Obama visit a high Russian official?), and without realizing the mic was hot, was caught on tape saying "I will have more flexibility after I am in office". What? Could it have been... COLLUSION?????

This game has gone on long enough. I am quite frankly sick of politics, and if you cannot see that this is pure political theatre, you need to step away from your comfort zone a little and take a more objective look. Obama, the Clintons, heck, EVERYBODY in American politics at the highest level could be considered "in bed" with the Russians if you look at their words and actions. Enough of this. I don't care for Trump one bit, but he must be given the right to do what he was elected to do. We don't need any more innuendo, conspiracy theories, or spiteful and hateful speech. I am sick of the democrats and their unabashed distortions and incessant verbal attacks on our sitting president. I am tired of the 'knowing looks' of our supposed independent news organizations. The way the news is presented in most outlets is disgraceful, and the childlike collecive temper-tantrum that the Left is putting on is causing incredible harm to this country.

Let Trump be president. If you and enough people like you can do so, vote him out of office in 2020. If you can't, then too bad for you.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-13-2018 07:50 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish this was like Facebook, and had a "LOVE" button!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 03-13-2018 09:20 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Guys, I don't think this discussion and other political discussions are about right or wrong or liberal or conservative. It seems most political discussions are about Republican vs Democrat. I am neither but I have good friends of both parties. If a Republican does it or says it, most Republicans think it is good and most Democrats think it is bad. That happens even if a Republican does something liberal or a Democrat does something conservative
Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-13-2018 09:29 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not true with any of the two parties in this day and age as both are split from within. The progressive left and the hard right. The main stream dems however have let the progressives take over their party...and the right are not far behind imv..

However the dems will vote as a block whereas the reps will not

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-14-2018 07:25 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I remember the first time I voted and saw on the ballot that you could just check a box to vote for all republicans or a box for all democrats. I can remember thinking, "why would anyone do that?" Of course I was naive when I was young.
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-14-2018 09:09 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PaulCat:
I remember the first time I voted and saw on the ballot that you could just check a box to vote for all republicans or a box for all democrats. I can remember thinking, "why would anyone do that?" Of course I was naive when I was young.

If the two choices were:

Check for who is paid off by special interests and super PACs or who is not, there would be no names in the "who is not" balllot choice.

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 03-26-2018 03:46 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm back from visiting the kin...a few days with this'n and a few days with that'n. Ain't seen none uf em in a year...still a few days with each is enough for me. Good, down-to-earth folks though...love em all.

Anyways, before I left on my "vacation" I went back and forth a couple days trying to figure out how to respond to Tiptree's last post. I even posted a couple responses but deleted them. Then I deleted all my comments in this thread...thinking maybe I needed to start over....probably shouldn't have, but what is done is done.

The reason? I was/am really confused.

quote:
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 11-26-2017 09:08 PM Profile for Tiptree Email Tiptree Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote

While the politics of the board skews right (hard right, in some cases), I think decorum and decency are the answer, not censorship.

Remember, nobody is forced to post here. I just don't think killing the forum is the right answer. America needs honest, respectful debate. So do the denizens of TCD. If you venture here, you should expect to be treated with honor.

However, lately, I feel for those of you on the left who venture in here, and that reflects very badly on my conservative brethren. I think a little common courtesy, recognition of our commonalities over our differences, would go a long way to making this forum a good one again. Of course, that is in incredibly short supply nationwide, but why not at least let our little corner of the universe be a place where both sides can speak their minds without being brutally confronted and insulted?

I vote we hit the "reset" button, not the "delete" button. One last time. If we cannot find in our hearts the decency to treat our fellow Cats fans with respect, then I will personally kill this forum before Norm has his first cup of coffee.

[ 11-26-2017, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-27-2018 10:22 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM,

My apologies for the rant. I hope it did not come across that I was targeting you personally; I was aiming at the broader narrative that feeds the left wing of American politics. I don't put you in that group necessarily, but if you self-identify with them, I will accept that.

By and large, other than saying you "jumped the rails", I stand by my post. Especially this:

quote:
This game has gone on long enough. I am quite frankly sick of politics, and if you cannot see that this is pure political theatre, you need to step away from your comfort zone a little and take a more objective look. Obama, the Clintons, heck, EVERYBODY in American politics at the highest level could be considered "in bed" with the Russians if you look at their words and actions. Enough of this. I don't care for Trump one bit, but he must be given the right to do what he was elected to do. We don't need any more innuendo, conspiracy theories, or spiteful and hateful speech. I am sick of the democrats and their unabashed distortions and incessant verbal attacks on our sitting president. I am tired of the 'knowing looks' of our supposed independent news organizations. The way the news is presented in most outlets is disgraceful, and the childlike collecive temper-tantrum that the Left is putting on is causing incredible harm to this country.
The same was true during W's presidency. The difference this time is that the Republican party cannot bring itself to embrace Trump, who is the very essence of a RINO. So, Trump faces incessant attacks from the left, and no support from his own party. As I said, I do not like the guy AT ALL, but he is OUR PRESIDENT, whether you voted for him or not. I suffered 8 years of Obama, and I hope my disapproval was not over-the-top. Now, let's endure the Trump years, and let the man serve in the office to which he was elected.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 03-27-2018 11:04 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tiptree:
quote:
My apologies for the rant. I hope it did not come across that I was targeting you personally; I was aiming at the broader narrative that feeds the left wing of American politics. I don't put you in that group necessarily, but if you self-identify with them, I will accept that.
Apology accepted...I knew you were a bigger man than that. I did take it personally but that is in the past. FYI, I have never, ever posted or even read politics on any forum but TCD.

Also, I admit I was banging on the door too hard concerning Trump, especially knowing the political leanings of most members here....and for that I apologize...I do.

What we say here is not going to have any impact whatsoever on Trump or Congress...hell, they don't even know we exist. But we can, as you say..."let our little corner of the universe be a place where both sides can speak their minds". You alright Tip...a tad ornery at times but you'll do.
[Smile]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-27-2018 01:46 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip is an even nicer guy in person than he is, hiding in his basement, in his underwear, behind his keyboard!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 03-27-2018 04:34 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Old Norm:
quote:
Tip is an even nicer guy in person than he is, hiding in his basement, in his underwear, behind his keyboard!

Norm, have you ever been accused of providing too damn much information?

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-27-2018 05:35 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Many times. Mostly by my wife.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-27-2018 11:31 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who said I am wearing underwear?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Tiptree

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 03-28-2018 12:29 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tiptree:

quote:
Who said I am wearing underwear?
OMG!!.....Please tell me you are at least "hiding" in the basement. [Eek!]

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com