TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Arm the teachers debate

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Arm the teachers debate
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-21-2018 08:08 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Arming the teachers is the cheapest solution, because the states dont want to spend the money on putting armed law enforcemcent at the schools.

This chowder head thinks it is a bad idea.

Link

A Columbins survivor has a different opinion

Link2

I am against giving a gun to the art teacher. She is usually sneaking out to smoke weed on her breaks and wouldn't be much help anyway, But other than that, arm the hell out of the teacher and teach fhem to shoot.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-21-2018 08:15 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
also plenty of retired LEO and Military. Hire a group. depending on school size, and let them plan and implement roving patrols all day to include buildings and parking lots along with signs that say "patrols will use deadly force to prevent school shootings.

They can all be part time with a commander doing schedules etc. The little punks will not think about shooting up a school imo

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-21-2018 08:53 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This would work if it were possible. Who is going to pay for it? How many high schools are there in the state of Florida? You can't do just a few...you must do them all.

Even if we could do it, is that what we want?...to send our children to what basically amounts to armed compounds to learn....there are better ways.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-21-2018 08:59 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And then what happens the first time a teacher shoots a student and claims self defense, or shoots another teacher for whatever reason. Believe me, if they do start allowing teachers to carry guns it will not be one year before an incident like this occurs.
Posts: 10334 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-21-2018 09:26 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great point!

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-21-2018 10:22 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's why you can not have teachers trying to be cops..

In FL we have School Resourse Officers (sro's) at most schools. We also regularly have patrol deputys trained in how to clear a school when a active shooter is there. Problem is 2 or 3 minutes is a "life time" and if the sro can't get thee in time (i.e. Parkland) then you see the results.

Assigning deputies or hiring retired deputies is the only way to protect the kids. Perhaps former military now teachers would work but most of the current teachers would not be a viable solution..

Cost - how serious are we?

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-21-2018 10:25 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To get into our county courthouse, one must pass through a metal detector and be "buzzed" in by one guard, through one locked entrance. You can't even enter with a pocket knife or a cell phone. Seems to me that would solve more than one problem, and would not be very expensive. A few thousand dollars initially, and one employee for one shift.

[ 02-21-2018, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-21-2018 10:28 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm big difference between letting cpl hundred in the court house vs 1, 2, 3 thousand students plus visitors in a school daily. Better hire a lot of people to just ck back packs each day....

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-21-2018 02:58 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukcatfannfl:
That's why you can not have teachers trying to be cops..

In FL we have School Resourse Officers (sro's) at most schools. We also regularly have patrol deputys trained in how to clear a school when a active shooter is there. Problem is 2 or 3 minutes is a "life time" and if the sro can't get thee in time (i.e. Parkland) then you see the results.

Assigning deputies or hiring retired deputies is the only way to protect the kids. Perhaps former military now teachers would work but most of the current teachers would not be a viable solution..

Cost - how serious are we?

That guy in Florida that shot the kid while he was playing neighborhood watch realy disturbed me. The kid was not on his property but he approached him and the kid ended up dead.
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-21-2018 04:05 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Martin? His job was with the neighborhood watch. The kid was beating the hell out of him if I recall..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-21-2018 05:12 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukcatfannfl:
Martin? His job was with the neighborhood watch. The kid was beating the hell out of him if I recall..

The kid should have bee left alone. The man should be i jail for murder. If he wasnt trying to be the law, the kid would still be alive.

The kid was walking in the neighborhood. It would have been different if he was harassing a girl or trying to rob one of the houses.

Jacked up. Lucky his family didnt seek justice, the court sure didnt give it to him

[ 02-21-2018, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

ironrangetoo
Player
Member # 10205

posted 02-21-2018 09:38 PM      Profile for ironrangetoo   Email ironrangetoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boom
Which one of us is seriously ill?????
This is the first post I remember where we are in agreement.

Posts: 2008 | From: Ely MN | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-22-2018 01:12 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ironrangetoo:
Boom
Which one of us is seriously ill?????
This is the first post I remember where we are in agreement.

Don't think I am ill. Yes, I think George Zimmerman got away with murder.

I also think the thug that got killed by the police officer in Ferguson deserved his fate and that Obama contributed to the race riot there and he set race relations back to the 60s.

Obama is the worst mistake that ever happened to this country. George Jr was a very bad President, but Obama was 10 times worse.

I did not agree with taking over Iraq and the profiteering that went on.

But again, Obama was 10 times worse.

What was the headline when Treyvon Martin lost his life in the mainstream media? White man shoots and kills unarmed black teen. Yes the teen was black. But, the shooter was hispanic. The headline is not sensational if it reads: Hispanic man shoots unarmed black teen.

The media treats the people of this country like idiots and pawns that they can manipulate.

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-22-2018 12:37 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
boomdaddy:
quote:
Obama is the worst mistake that ever happened to this country. George Jr was a very bad President, but Obama was 10 times worse.

Fact or Opinion?

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-22-2018 01:40 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In my opinion Obama was the worst POTUS this country has had in my long lifetime. Bush was not much better and we would never have had to endure 8 years of Obama had we not had Bush. I rank the worst Presidents of my long lifetime in order, Obama, Bush and Carter. Best, Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton (even with his transgressions). Between Bush and Obama, our country is now broke financially and may never recover.

[ 02-22-2018, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-23-2018 12:20 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, I would rank Carter third worst.
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-23-2018 08:55 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Opinions are good...evidence is better.

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-23-2018 09:26 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
Opinions are good...evidence is better.

Funny that you say that. Are you they type that if you step in dog crap, you are not convinced what it really is and you need to investigate further?

Somme people don't believe in calling a spade a spade.

Carter was a terrible President. He is a good christian man. He helped create Habitat for Humanity. That being said, he was a terrible President. You don't have to take off your shoe and put it up to your nose to figure out his accomplishments while in office.

Sorry, I spoke out of turn. Maybe you do?

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-23-2018 09:51 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let's say you walk up to me and I ask you what the hell is that smell and you reply: "In my opinion it's dog crap, but I really don't know because I haven't looked...could be anything".

So, if Obama smells as badly as you claim there should be plenty of evidence as to why.

[ 02-23-2018, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-23-2018 04:04 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Whoo boy, MM. Did you skip out on the eight-year Obama presidency on this board?

Plenty of topics flared up then. Also during the election campaign. Scroll back; I sure don't want to reopen those wounds.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13604 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-23-2018 05:06 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tiptree:
quote:
I sure don't want to reopen those wounds.
Nor do I. I'm aware of the hatred for Obama...I just don't understand why....I really don't.

Considering the wreck he inherited against what he left Trump is like night and day.

When he came into office were were in the midst of the worse recession since the 1930's. We were losing 700,000 jobs a day, the economy was on the cusp of collapse, people were losing their homes, their life savings, panic and fear was abound, not to mention fighting two wars. When he left we had a growth of at least 2 million jobs per year for six straight years, Corporations were raking in record profits, 75 straight months of job growth...a record, unemployment dropped from almost 10% to 4.5%, allowing Trump to inherit the lowest unemployment rate of any president. The stock market almost tripled from 8,000 to 19,700..181% increase...this in spite of relentless obstruction from Republicans who declared their sole purpose was to make sure Obama was a one term president.

I can understand disagreeing with his policies and believing things would be even better with another approach, but there is no denying that Obama did a job, maybe not deserving of glorious praise, but at least deserving of respect.

[ 02-23-2018, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-24-2018 06:30 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Accomplishing the great things you indicate Obama did during his 8 years are very easy when you are giving away money to one and all and you increase our national debt from 9 Trillion to 19 trillion. Anyone could have done what Obama did with the fiscal policies of the FED being the way they were during his administration. He himself did nothing at all in my opinion to improve the lives of the every day americans and he will go down in history as the worst POTUS this country ever had. He tried to destroy our country and almost accomplished that during his 8 years in office.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com