TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Being PC at the expense of profit

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Being PC at the expense of profit
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-08-2018 09:11 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Link

If they put a baby with down syndrome on food labels, I sure don't see it making parents want to buy the product.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-08-2018 10:29 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good for Gerbers! Not everything is, or should be, about profit.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-08-2018 11:16 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I very seldom agree with Mountain Mafia. I this case I do. And no, I don't have any relatives with this malady.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-08-2018 11:20 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I KNOW that hurt! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-08-2018 12:23 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LOL, MM.

I don't even understand why this is news. Why do people/media always want to make things like this very public?

By singling out downs syndrome kids, we're saying they're different.
By singling out minorities, we're saying they're different.
By singling out handicapped people, we're saying they're different.

The social issues in America will not ever go away as long as we're looking at people differently instead of as just people.

Posts: 10343 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-09-2018 02:58 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dont give two shakes who they make their awards to. I am just saying that if they use it on their label it is a very bad business move. If one guy owns it, then it is his right to make less money with a bad choice. If it is a corporation, they owe it to investors to try and make the most profit and not to hurt sales.

That is not heartless, that is just fact.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com