TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » CNN asks DEM Ohio voters about Trump

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CNN asks DEM Ohio voters about Trump
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-21-2018 09:18 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Link

The message that CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, and NPR pushes is false. America is not against Trump, no matter how many times the media claims that it is.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-21-2018 11:57 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am on my way back to New York City for a week; I make this trip twice a month for my job. I always stay in hotels with free breakfasts, but I may change that soon.

Why?

Because in the breakfast area, they have the TV blaring either CNN or MSNBC. And they only keep "USA Today" in stock as the newspaper. And all of those "news" sources are relentlessly anti-trump. Breathlessly even. They spend most of the TV time asking each other leading questions that are clearly orginating out of sheer hatred for Trump. The guests and the hosts are incredulous that Trump is our president, and imply that NOBODY supports him, and if they do, they are just ignorant KKK members.

Honestly, I have never seen such continuous rhetoric. It is sad.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13604 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 01-27-2018 11:04 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, one would think that NYC, where Trump grew up and the people know him better than anyone outside his family, would treat him better...wonder why they don't?

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-27-2018 01:26 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
Yeah, one would think that NYC, where Trump grew up and the people know him better than anyone outside his family, would treat him better...wonder why they don't?

That is a no brainer. The largest cities are all about free hand outs, social programs for the poor and crooked labor unions.

Sure, New Yorkers' admired him as a businessman, but as soon as he ran for office as a Republican, he became enemy number one, because they don't like seeing anyone end the gravy train that the middle class and the rich taxpayers provide for the poor.

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-27-2018 04:28 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well said, Boom.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-27-2018 08:11 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, in my discussions over the past year here in the city, it is pretty evenly split. Much like the rest of the country.

Half the people appreciate what he is trying to accomplish. Half the people would gladly pay to have him assassinated.

One thing that is consistent is that the hatred this man generates is frightening. Nobody hates like the left, no matter how much they want the world to think that the conservatives are the haters.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

ironrangetoo
Player
Member # 10205

posted 01-27-2018 10:08 PM      Profile for ironrangetoo   Email ironrangetoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip
Haven't you ever read the abundant right wing posts on this site.

Posts: 2008 | From: Ely MN | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-27-2018 11:04 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Spot on, Tip. How many celebrities or people with a large audience have gone as far as depicting a scene of Trump being killed, or put in print that Trump needs to be assassinated, or something of that nature. That's just unbelievable. In my opinion these people should've been kicked out of this country. I had no admiration or respect for Obama, but never in a million years would I have wished him harm. There are people I work with who would actually cheer for joy if Trump died tomorrow. Those are just pathetic people.
Posts: 10334 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-27-2018 11:27 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A TV chef wished he could poison him. A d celeb not funny comic pretended to have him beheaded. There is a long list of celebs, including the most famous from Kentucky that have wished him harm.

The left is the most intolerant. Those women marching with the weird hats hated the pro life women so much they wouldn't let them march with them.

The left is okay with what you believe, as long as you are on their side. If you are not, you are the devil and need to be exterminated.

Liberals who demand rights for non citizens is one of the most confusing things to me. Why do they not consider themselves Americans and believe that the rights of Americans should take precedent over non Americans? Why have they become so anti American and unpatriotic?

There are videos of Bill Clinton and Obama talking tough against illegal aliens in this country. Their speeches sound very similar to what Trump has said, except Trump wants a wall. Since the same speech is coming from a republican, that type or rhetoric is now considered racist. It wasn't racist when Obama or Clinton made the same speech.

[ 01-27-2018, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-27-2018 11:35 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's Clintons views on illegal immigration:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4351026/clinton-1995-immigration-sotu

I played this for a Democrat lady at work and she said this is 100% different than what Trump is doing. And that's why I avoid arguing with idiots.

Posts: 10334 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 01-29-2018 09:02 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
boomdaddy:
quote:
That is a no brainer. The largest cities are all about free hand outs, social programs for the poor and crooked labor unions.
Don't think so.
LINK

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-29-2018 11:20 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree, MM. The states with large rural populations and smaller urban populations are the ones who have the largest "net gain" in terms of federal and state subsidies. New York City, for example, has a LOT of urban poor who are dependent upon the government, but it also has the most millionaires and billionaires in the world. The taxes the rich pay more than compensate for the inflows to the poor.

This is not so in Kentucky, where we are a poorer, mostly rural state. There are relatively few truly rich people to pay disproportionate taxes and carry the poor.

That chart does not address the statement, however, that Boom made. There ARE many urban poor who receive handouts. It was not a complete statement, however, because there are also a lot of rural poor as well. But the economic engines in the largest cities drive most of our economy anyway, and thus they generate plenty of tax revenue as well, whereas rural areas do not.

--------------------
Tiptree

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-29-2018 06:39 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
boomdaddy:
quote:
Don't think so.
LINK

Why did you take a huge left turn on the conversation? You initially made the comment about New York City being unkind to Trump. I made the comment about Big cities and handouts and then you produce a state by state graph.

I was under the impression that we were talking about NY city. What has that got to with states, rich or poor. The bottom line is that the largest cities are run by corrupt politicians who happen to be in the democrat party. I am sure there are plenty of corrupt republicans that would love to take just as many bribes as the democrats haul in, but the poor won't elect them in Chicago and NYC.

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 01-30-2018 10:41 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the delayed responses guys, things a tad hectic right now.
To your point Tiptree:
There are thousands of these charts "out there" and not all use the same metrics to draw their conclusions. There was one that showed South Carolina being the worst by far, getting something like $7.50 back for every $ paid in federal taxes and Kentucky getting around $2 for every $ paid in federal taxes. Though they may disagree on which state benefits the most, they do not disagree that red states are much more dependent on the federal government than blue states, due largely to the reasons you mentioned.

I assumed, maybe wrongly, that boom's post was inferring that it was only the big cities that were "all about free hand outs, social programs for the poor".

Sh!t!...gotta go

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-30-2018 11:38 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handouts are in every state. Handouts do not fix anything, they just foster dependence and a complacency of getting by without working.

The best case scenario is to create jobs for public works on infrastructure, making able body citizens work for their paycheck. This gives the taxpayers something in return and it gives the needy self respect and a sense of accomplishment.

I have never been in favor of welfare for the poor.

The welfare system has created a class of poor being raised by single parents. No wonder the value system has gone to hell in a hand basket. Kids grow up with no father figure and feel it is their right to be given a living and if that isn't enough, they will cheat and steal for it.

[ 01-30-2018, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com