TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Kaepernick

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kaepernick
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 11-14-2017 07:57 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That idiot is GQ magazine's Man Of The Year. He's on the cover with a big 70's afro. I sure hope sales of that magazine plummet.
Posts: 8496 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-14-2017 08:36 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They also listed Linda Sarsour as a hero. I don't think GQ made any friends with that.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 31548 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 11-14-2017 10:57 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Apparently, identifying with a ethnic/religious fragment, and publicly being offended on that group's behalf is very much the way to success in America today.

Well, sort of. That is true only if you are not white (for sure), better if you are not male. White males are personally responsible for addressing the grievances of all the other groups.

I am not a racist. I am married to a woman of color (she is from India). I am a white, Christian man, but I not only tolerate, I respect other faiths and other ethnicities. But not only am I assumed to be a racist, I am almost being forced to be a racist, if I am to defend what used to be considered the common core of American culture.

This is so infuriating. We are watching the divide-and-conquer tactics of Saul Alinski move into the final stages of victory. I mourn for my country. NOT for my race, or my gender, or my religion. But for my country.

--------------------
Tiptree

Posts: 9843 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-14-2017 11:39 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is not only widely accepted to be racist against whites in America, it has been legal since the LBJ days.

Instead of uniting the country by electing a black/muslim President, it divided the country and set race relations back to the 60s.

It started whene he invited a black man and a white cop to the White House grounds to have a beer. That was the the beginning of "putting whitey in his place".

The coup de gras was Obama gettinng ivolved in the black thug that was shot by a white cop. Obama called for departement of justice investigation into Ferguson and riots ensued. All that **** over a policeman defending his own life from a lawless thug.

The democrats played the race card early and often against Trump and it back fired on them. They won't let race go and so far, it has gotten them nowhere.

Instead of acknowledging that the Klan was formed and run by southern democrats, the media has been trying to label the republicans and Trump as Klansmen.

Even those traitorous judges appointed by Obama, fight against Presidential bans to keep out terrorists, in favor of politics and trying to tell the public that the President and the republicans are racist.

Posts: 7651 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 11-14-2017 04:14 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What kills me is two of my own grandkids are part of the problem. All they want to do is listen to rap music and watch the Kardashians, when I say not in my house they call me racist.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 5312 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-14-2017 04:32 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I never expected rap music to be the dominant force in music. I hate it when they rap in the middle of regullar songs.

When I was in college their was run dmc and the beastie boys

I couldnt name who is popular right now.

Seems to me like rock music has fizzled out. Don’t know who are the big names or who is going to carry the mantle. I was a huge Petty fan Loved the Stones but hated the Beatles. Hate hate hate the Beatles. Loved AC/DC.

[ 11-14-2017, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 11-14-2017 05:39 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was a big hair band listener. Def leapord, poison, motley crew; ect. I don't remember the Beatles but I was never a john Lennon or Paul McCartney fan though.

[ 11-14-2017, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: rlt4uk ]

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 5312 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 11-14-2017 06:07 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't like the beat of rap music, but even if I did I can't stand the vulgarities in the lyrics. They are contributing to the moral decay of our young people today. No wonder there are so many unwed teens.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 1724 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-14-2017 09:36 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I date back past the beginning of rock and roll. I was a young teen in the 40s!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 11-15-2017 07:12 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's no talent in rap music other than being able to talk like a thug. They play no instruments at all. I won't even call it music.
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-15-2017 11:32 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's NOT music.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-15-2017 04:32 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EnterpriseCat:
I don't like the beat of rap music, but even if I did I can't stand the vulgarities in the lyrics. They are contributing to the moral decay of our young people today. No wonder there are so many unwed teens.

I watched a show where this black professor stated that the rise of unwed black mothers coincided with the beginning of welfare. He said that single mothers being able to stay home and get a check without joining the workforce was the major factor in unwed mothers in the black community. He said that welfare and minority programs give minorities just enough to stay alive and kill their ambition to get ahead in life and that they would be better off without it.
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-20-2017 06:25 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Marshawn Lynch kneels for US anthem and stands for Mexican anthem in game played in Mexico. I haven't watched the NFL since all that nonsense started. The owners are bigger idiots than the players.

Link

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 11-20-2017 08:04 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I watch the Bengals and no other games. And I'm almost ready to stop watching the Bengals.
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 11-20-2017 09:32 AM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
James Brown the king of Soul music said" Rap music is not even music. "

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 557 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com