TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » North Korea

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: North Korea
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 07-31-2017 10:25 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What do you guys think our options are? I don't think the United States mainland is any real danger...yet, but who the heck really knows. Kim Jong-un is a real nut case and could virtually set the world on fire at any time with his reckless, provocative, and dangerous missile launches. What would happen if one of these missile launches (armed or not) malfunctioned and, instead of landing in the Sea of Japan, it actually hit Japan or South Korea instead? No doubt, the proverbial mess would hit the fan.

--------------------
"I'm at Ky because I can recruit the best of the best"....John Calipari

Posts: 3169 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 07-31-2017 10:49 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think we are going to see some sort of military conflict in Korea within a couple of years, probably starting with an errant missile launch, followed by a US strike to cripple their nuclear capabilities/command & Control/air defense. Then the sh!t will hit the fan as North Korea unleashes holy hell on South Korea, the US, and whoever else they can strike. They have a massive conventional military, far outnumbering the combined South Korean/US forces facing them. Will WE go nuclear to stop a Korean blitz? If so, what will the Chinese do in response? If China enters the war backing North Korea, like they did in the 50s, God help us all.

That madman could indeed plunge the world into a nuclear nightmare.

--------------------
Tiptree

Posts: 9813 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 07-31-2017 11:37 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Will WE go nuclear to stop a Korean blitz?
I don't think we would initially. Although NK has a huge advantage in manpower, this doesn't necessarily translate into dominance. Their military hardware across the board is outdated and obsolete. SK, on the other hand, is well stocked with some the most advanced American weaponry, add to that the US firepower that would be involved and NK would be defeated quite convincingly. The real question, as you pointed out, is how would China respond?

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 07-31-2017 12:06 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was in Korea for a year. That certainly doesn't make me an expert. If we are in a traditional war with N Korea I don't think it would be an easy "win" or a convincing win. If China was involved I don't think it would be a win, period. If it goes nuclear, as someone has already said, God help us all.

I believe this to be the biggest threat our country (maybe the world) faces. That "madman" needs to be assassinated. It's a terrible thing to wish for but that might be the best way for that situation to be defused.

[ 07-31-2017, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 3376 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 07-31-2017 12:12 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I see us helping Japan and South Korea go nuclear if and when that idiot has the capacity to wipe out those countries, which he is apparently very close to right now. I still don't think he has the capacity to hit the US mainland but at the rate they are going, that could happen very soon.
Posts: 16061 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 07-31-2017 07:21 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The best solution would be to poison the fat boy and see who replaces him.

I am not against killing maniac dictators. But, I have never been in favor of taking countries over and trying to make them something they are not. It never works.

[ 07-31-2017, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 7503 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-31-2017 09:06 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boomdaddy:
It never works.

Sure it does. Ask the Native Americans! [Wink]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 31393 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-01-2017 08:56 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't believe it! The very thing we've been talking about... un-freaking-believable.

Well, I don't know what happened to the link. The link I posted does not reference the article even though I "tested" it before posting. It was an article on Yahoo News that said that NK actually tried to hit Japan with the first icbm test. I'll try to find the article and re-post it. Here it is...I hope.

Link

[ 08-01-2017, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-01-2017 09:43 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That missile test happened last week or the two weeks ago, it fell into some sea in the direction of japan.

The North Koreans will most likely always be communist. I really do think the best way to get them in line is to knock off their leader, not sure if I were the US government if I would take credit for it. Might be more powerful of a stance to kill him off and pretend that we had nothing to with it.

[ 08-01-2017, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-01-2017 10:06 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I really do think the nest way to get them in line is to knock off their leader
Much, much easier said than done. Any clandestine attempt is next to impossible. Even in the unimaginable scenario of war locating and killing Kim Jong-un would be extremely difficult. He would be very well hidden and protected.

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-01-2017 10:45 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
quote:
I really do think the nest way to get them in line is to knock off their leader
Much, much easier said than done. Any clandestine attempt is next to impossible. Even in the unimaginable scenario of war locating and killing Kim Jong-un would be extremely difficult. He would be very well hidden and protected.
I agree. Very difficult task. Find out his favorite thing to eat....would need to have somebody on the inside that works in the kitchen. The thing about tyrants, there are usually people willing to die, to bring them down, unlike snowflake celebrities who claim they will leave the country but change their minds.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-01-2017 11:19 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Find out his favorite thing to eat....

Looks like that could be anything.

Posts: 3376 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-01-2017 05:24 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
Find out his favorite thing to eat....

Looks like that could be anything.

Would be funny if it was twinkies
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-09-2017 04:01 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are we there yet?

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-09-2017 05:46 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My #2 daughter is just having a meltdown, duck fit about Mr. Trump's warning to the little fat man with the bad haircut. I know some of you are opposed to everything the president does as well, and some like me, are all in with him so far. I'd really like to know what all of you would have him do in this situation.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 31393 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-09-2017 06:43 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
China seems to be okay with the little crazy man as long as he isnt threatening them. If it weren't for China, I wouldn't give 2 shakes about wiping N Korea off the map.......I am all for whatever the military and the Executive branch decide to do.......diplomacy does not work....they only understand power and might. If China will not join in the effort, economic sanctions are useless.....military will be the only option....and China will have forced our hand for not keeping them in line.
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-09-2017 11:00 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Old Norm:
quote:
I'd really like to know what all of you would have him do in this situation.
There's not much else he can do..NK has gone from "learning" from all their failed missile launches to nuclear-armed ICBMs over night it seems. This is a country that has openly threatened the destruction of the US and our allies on many occasions. Now, more than ever, we must consider NK to be a very serious and deadly threat.

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-10-2017 08:37 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When you are dealing with a dictator, who at a very young age, took power, not because of how smart or respected he was, but because of family ties, you don't know if you have a stable person or a madman in charge.

Why would the leader of a small country threaten a super power? It does not makes sense. Being that it does not make sense, the sabre rattling has to be taken seriously. Only a madman or a fool would do such a thing.

I actually had an old man in his 80s that almost hit me with his car, when I was in my 20s I drove into a parking lot and went into a business. He walked in and wanted to fight and started swinging at me, saying he was going to teach me a lesson. His intentions were serious, but the threat was non existent. I just dodged them and told him to leave before he hurts himself. Had he been say in his 40s or 50s, I may have had to hit the guy.

Before all of these missile launches and N Korea proclaiming to be a nuclear power, I would say they were the 80 year old man. Now they are the middle age guy that will get his ass beat if he tries to take on a 20 something young man. N Korea has no chance to win, but they are now a real threat.

Best case scenario is to blow the dictator up at a public speaking event that is live, so everybody knows he is dead.

Then send out a message that the US is ready to talk peace.

[ 08-10-2017, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-10-2017 09:00 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boom:

quote:
Before all of these missile launches and N Korea proclaiming to be a nuclear power, I would say they were the 80 year old man. Now they are the middle age guy that will get his ass beat if he tries to take on a 20 something young man. N Korea has no chance to win, but they are now a real threat.
I think you've pretty much hit the nail on the head, Boom. In the past NK was like a man threatening to shoot you, but all he had was bullets and no gun....now he has the gun.

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 08-12-2017 01:44 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I do wish, though, that TrumpZilla would cut back on the Nastradamus rhetoric. He's stated his position, one that I support. So, give it a rest and back it up.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com