TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » CNN's CEO admits he is anti Trump

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CNN's CEO admits he is anti Trump
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-17-2017 11:32 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Link

As if he needs to come out and say what is blatantly obvious.

Posts: 7551 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-17-2017 11:59 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
His employee's morale might be good but with those ratings, their financial prosperity will soon take a nose dive when the sponsors quit putting up bucks for a network that has so few viewers. I would not be proud to say my employees have an agenda against a sitting POTUS.
Posts: 16123 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-17-2017 03:24 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is not an unbiased news source out there. But, in my opinion, CNN and NBC are the two worst when it comes to reporting the news.

They totally ignored the fact that Obama was releasing terrorist from Gitmo, like it was no big deal and they crucify Trump for everything he says or does.

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-17-2017 03:54 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
bd, I deleted my post which was poking fun at Fox News in the way they reported news about Obama at about the time you posted. I agree there is not an unbiased news source out there. I probably watch an average of three hours of news a day with the majority of that being Fox. At one time I believed that they were fair and balanced and still believe they are the best of a bad bunch.

A couple of weeks ago I was watching Fox and they were reporting that Black Rifle Coffee company was offering jobs to 10 thousand veterans in response to Starbucks offering jobs to 10 thousands immigrants. What they failed to mention was that Starbucks offered 10 thousand jobs two years ago to veterans plus free college tuition to them and their spouses. What Fox reported was true but what they failed to mention took away any sense of "fair and balanced". They may have recanted what they said or clarified it at a later date but I did not see that.

I continue to get the majority of my news from Fox but am no longer under the "illusion" they are fair and balanced. I firmly believe the majority of us watch news on channels that are close to us politically. Conservatives and independents have a tendency to watch Fox while liberals lean toward CNN. I admit to occasionally watching CNN as I find it helps me put some news in perspective.

[ 02-17-2017, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 3377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-18-2017 09:35 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I watch the local news, when I can catch it. Then the national news will follow and then there is usually a diatribe against the President and I turn it off.

Not sure why there isn't an entity that has as its main goal to report the facts without bias or slanted opinion attached to the story. It is sad. I can't find one on the internet, either.

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 02-18-2017 12:52 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I watch the Fox Business Channel. They report financial and other news and I like their reporters better than I do the regular Fox Station. I try to catch a little news each day from CNN, MSNBC, CBS as well as what I watch on Fox Business. The regular Fox station have changed a lot since Roger Ailes was let go and they are becoming much more liberal than they were a few months ago. The one thing about Fox is that they will have a liberal and conservative discussing their opinion news releases so you can make up your mind which version you want to believe. The others rarely will ever give you a conservative point of view.
Posts: 16123 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-18-2017 02:31 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have not watched a news show in over 20 years, and my life is better for it.

I only turn on the TV to watch UK basketball.

--------------------
Tiptree

Posts: 9825 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-18-2017 02:58 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm with you, Tip. There's nothing in the news that I really care to see. I will watch SportsCenter, which is sports news. [Wink]
Posts: 8444 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com