TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » KSR

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KSR
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-09-2017 02:32 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I seldom read the Kentucky Sports Radio website anymore. In my opinion, it has become political, and made a hard left turn. At least one of it's writers has. His outlook on Wildcats sports, and his anti UNC and Dook is okay, but we part ways right there. Here is his diatribe from yesterday evening:

web page

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 30510 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 01-09-2017 03:41 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm do u listen to the ksr show on wlap at 10am each morning? Lots of good ky stuff that we dont normally get as he does have insider sources including coach cal

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 6781 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-09-2017 04:29 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, but I DID read their website pretty often. I spend more time on the computer (or my phone) than on the radio. I only hear them if I happen to be in the car at the time. I hear it here on WHOP from Hopkinsville.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 30510 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-10-2017 06:07 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Matt Jones is a big time liberal democrat Norm, he got overly political during the governors race in Ky a couple years ago and his support of Hillary Clinton on his site turned me off too. I occasionally troll over there but not very often anymore. Can't stand to listen to him on the radio either. I guess it was the Duke law school that ruined Matt, who knows. He went to UK but then to Duke law school, OH WELL.
Posts: 15251 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-10-2017 06:46 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I listen to KSR when I am driving, if I think about tuning it in. It is live on one AM station and they do a replay on another AM station later in the afternoon. Sometimes they are talking about stupid drivel that has nothing to do with Kentucky sports, like which fast food is the best or some other dumb ass topic. I switch the station, when they are off the sports topics.

As far as their politics go, one of them is a Trump supporter and the others including Matt Jones are left wingers. The Trump guy is always coy about his answers, like he doesn't want any backlash from his boss. As much of a following that the show has, they don't have any influence, when it comes to politics. Louisville and Lexington ( very liberal cities) were the only democrat strongholds in this past elections. And, the worst mayor in Lexington's history thought that he could get votes outside of Lexington and he was very wrong. Grady Stumbo got beat by a newcomer republican in eastern Kentucky. Eastern Kentucky has always been heavily democrat and always big blue country. Stumbo has been killing the commonwealth for decades. I am glad he is finally gone. I am sure there are KSR followers in eastern KY, but I am guessing they listen for the UK sports and not for the politics.

Also, Tom Leach, the voice of the Wildcats has a show at 9am for an hour and it is the most boring thing I have ever heard. I would rather hear a cat in heat than listen to Leach talk about the Cats.

[ 01-10-2017, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 6970 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 01-10-2017 09:24 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ray - fyi jones went to Transy not UK for his under graduate degree,,

For someone living in Fl I like his show as he does get uk info which I don't have access to here..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 6781 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 01-10-2017 02:59 PM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I used to listen to KSR also but no more. His left wing political bias was too much for me. He never missed a chance to bash Trump before and now after the election. Their banter sometimes borders on idiocy.

His TV show "Hey Kentucky" is the same way. He bashes Matt Bevins, Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell, and other Republicans regularly. Never anything negative about Hillary or Obama.

And actually I have found both shows to be quite immature and childish. They giggle about everything like little kids.

Thank God there is a tuner knob on TV's and radios.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 2863 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-10-2017 05:30 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Ed, I had always thought he went to UK for undergrad. I listen to their pre game basketball program sometimes but not like I use too. I normally pick it up when Dave Baker and Rex Chapman do the pre game call in show. I follow that on the internet via WLAP AM in Lexington. Am listening to that right now as a lead in to the Vandy game tonight.
Posts: 15251 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com