TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Man Jailed as dead beat Dad (not the father)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Man Jailed as dead beat Dad (not the father)
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 04-19-2012 07:43 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Link

I would think that the accuser ( the mother) would have to prove that the man was the father? In this case, the defendent and the wrongfully judged guilty party had to prove he was innocent. The system seems pretty jacked up to me.

Posts: 4877 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
casedog
Player
Member # 1436

posted 04-19-2012 07:52 AM      Profile for casedog        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is actually the law in many states. Even if it is proven you are not the biological father, if you've acted as the father for a period of time you can be on the hook for child support until the child is 18.
Posts: 4023 | From: lexington | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 04-19-2012 09:47 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know a dude tha paid support for 7 years. Somebody told him he should get a paternity test. He found out he was not the father. He got out of future support, but the judge told him he was SOL on what he had paid in the past.
Posts: 4877 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-20-2012 01:56 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by casedog:
This is actually the law in many states. Even if it is proven you are not the biological father, if you've acted as the father for a period of time you can be on the hook for child support until the child is 18.

Kind of like a particular land law. I heard that if you maintain a parcel of land for ten years, it is considered your land by law. My next door neighbor mows a piece of land (8' x 50') in between our houses. This land is on his side of the fence, but it's my property as far as the actualy land plot is concerned. I told him that he doesn't have to mow it, that I will mow it. But he keeps on mowing it. He even seeded it and all the good stuff and it looks really nice. At least once a year I'll make sure I mow it just so he can't claim it after a period of time.
Posts: 7118 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 04-21-2012 03:39 PM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PaulCat, Now if you could only get him to plant tomatoes you'd be set....

--------------------
Pray for our Service Members and their families left behind!

Posts: 8588 | From: Lawrenceburg, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-21-2012 04:59 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FlaCatz:
PaulCat, Now if you could only get him to plant tomatoes you'd be set....

[Big Grin]
Posts: 7118 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com